March 2019 Moms

Randoms 11/26-12/2

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Randoms 11/26-12/2

• Loading the player...
  • Anyone have any good thanksgiving leftover recipes? I think I'm going to try to make turkey pot pie (with our leftover, leftover turkey soup) and turkey tikka masala.
  • MIA the last week or so...hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!
    Did anyone do any Black Friday or Small Business Saturday shopping? Any Cyber Monday deals we should know about? :)
    I skipped Black Friday but bought online from 3 of my favorite small businesses.
  • I got 12 months of Hulu for $12. Not sure if it is still available today, but I got it last night at that price. I also got 50% off the artificial Christmas tree I ordered from Target. Otherwise, not much.
  • I am feeling extremely ambivalent about putting a tree up this year. I have to move my son's room to the basement before Christmas since i don't wanna deal with moving his stuff down there after Christmas and he has a lot of presents....with that being said, most likely the tree will not be going up bc its a hassle. I honestly never want to put it up LOL but my mom always yells at me about it. This pregnancy has been wearing me out and I just can't even deal. 
  • @zionsmama85 I love Christmas trees and think they are so beautiful but I completely agree; they are a pain to put up (and take down)!
  • We normally get a real tree, but since we'll be traveling for Christmas and New Years, I wanted a fake one so we can have it and not worry about it while we're gone. Putting it up is definitely a pain. I was looking for one with individual branches, like my parents have because I like that they can customize which branches they put in for more present room/fewer back branches to better tuck it into a corner. But I couldn't find it. We'll see, but we might end up using it every year just because I won't have to constantly water it.
  • Pulled out decorations and put them up. Wife put lights up around since we probably won't put up a tree. We're spending Christmas with family.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @mayoduck i like it once its up, but just trying to figure out where to put it this year, my mom moved from her house to my grandmothers after she passed so she brought a lot of things to my house for my son and still trying to get that moved around...my SO doesn't live with us yet, he's moving in in January, so trying to clean up for that too...the tree is in the basement and i would have to shake it out for spiders (SHIVERS)...maybe i will make a 3D one like i did a few years ago. (put a pic of it in as a spoiler since they come out huge. i just did A's and Z's for me and my son's initials...but this year would add L's for SO and the baby 

• I wanted to decorate this weekend but felt so bad, I didn't get to. Maybe I'll do a little today, but I want to be careful and not trigger back pain to come back. 

There is an AMAZING (now closed) thread over on TTGP. Six days late, had sex the last day of her period, negative tests and she's asking if she's pregnant. 
  • @lovesclimbing I saw that one today! I was shocked by how quickly the Bump gods closed it down.
  • @lovesclimbing & @meggyme I feel like the BG have been super quick to shut things down recently!
  • @lelkcot I think they're trying to keep anything from getting too out of control again. I feel like TTGP has been under close supervision. I've noticed a lot of those type posts only get 1-2 replies before they get shut down.
  • @meggyme yes, they do seem more on top of things over in TTGP these days.
  • We are fully decorated on the inside (real tree) and some of the easy outside stuff is up (it’s been rainy so DH didn’t do the lights or deer yet). I love to get the decorations up Friday after Thanksgiving but had to wait until Sunday. I was definitely sore by the time I finished last night!
    We used to do fake trees but the cats kept climbing and destroying them, happily they don’t mess with the real ones!  :)
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • edited November 2018
    DH freaked out when we received an Eob in the mail from our insurance today, thinking it was a bill. We had already paid everything on it, except one ultrasound and I called the place (this afternoon) where we got it done because they billed it wrong so I saved us from paying an extra $70.

It still put him in a horrible mood because money is stressful - and the baby isn't even here yet, and I have an appointment tomorrow where I know we will have to pay for more health care expenses. Ugh. 
  • There will be no Christmas decorations at my house. I'm too overwhelmed and have too much other crap going on to even care about it. We have no family here to know if we decorate or not. We are going to visit his family the week before Christmas so that's good enough for me. Haha
  • @meggyme I got sucked down that rabbit last night 😳 She is certifiable...
  • @lelkcot not as crazy as some, but the BOTB thread was pretty funny. I want to have a child with a yet undetermined male that is the perfect partner, right down to having a massive schlong... Good luck with that.
  • how does one judge being "well endowed"? and do you back out of the deal in the moment if they're too small? finding the right size better be factored into all that math and planning....hahaha
  • @HoneyBear40 maybe you have a predetermined minium and measure before hoping in bed 😂
  • @HoneyBear40 @lelkcot but they also have to be intelligent, handsome, and healthy. All in the next 76 cycles.
  • @meggyme oh my, I didn't want to read fiction in the morning! (facepalm)
    With my CP 4 years ago when we were TTC our first I turned multiple tests positive starting at 11DPO, even a digital (it should have been an announcement to DH on New Year's Eve, but it wasn't meant to be). A faint one 1 week after??? She's clearly smoking something!
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited November 2018
    @mihaelams1 The BOTB thread is much more entertaining and less of a slap in the face to loss moms.

I have a feeling this is a troll with a little medical knowledge and some time on their hands... everything has the feel of a person with some medical know how but it only covers up the fact that it's all a bunch of bullshit.
  • So, maybe I'm wrong, but is it really that hard to turn a positive test if you are actually pregnant? I see and hear reference to people having "squinters" or can't tell. With both my pregnancies, I got very clear lines, with the line as dark as the control line, the day I expected my period. The time I tested not pregnant, it was a pretty obvious negative. No squinting could have made it positive. Am I weird? Do people just really really want to be pregnant and so they're testing crazy early or trying to see things that aren't there?

Not meant to be judgemental in any way! 
  • @lovesclimbing the tests nowadays are so sensitive that you can get a positive way before the day of your expected period. And at that point they will be very faint, since the HCG level is still low. And people who try for longer than a few months start tracking the basal temperature to help pinpoint ovulation, and chart it on the fertility friend website. So you are able to see the temperature spike and then test to be sure right away. That's how chemical pregnancies came to be. Without accurate tests women wouldn't even know they had one, since their "period" comes very close to the expected date (been there, done that) and there is no "missed" period. That's why I call bullshit on the post that @meggyme linked. And no way could she have the HCG at 0 after a chemical pregnancy - you need at least some to get even a faint line on the test.
  • @lovesclimbing both my positives have come on 9 or 10 dpo, a couple days before my period. I’ve gotten squinters but mostly because I wasn’t using FMU and they eventually got darker. I’m a POAS addict, so I can’t ever wait until my period is due. I think most of the time it’s people using brands that are notorious for false positives and indents and then posting before they have an opportunity to test again. I’ll never understand women that post with a whole list of symptoms and haven’t taken an hpt. Like, what are we gonna tell you that a pee test can’t?
  • I got a squinter test I could only make out 6 days post my frozen transfer. After years or trying, I knew if it wasn't stark white...there was a chance lol I only symptom checked this last transfer because I was super in tune with my body and knew the difference between a failed transfer, but was too early for HCG to actually double and show anything. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• My cat has recently decided she likes sleeping in the dip between the two sides of my u-shaped pillow, giving me another obstacle to maneuver around when I switch sleeping sides. Thanks, cat.
  • @mayoduck anytime I get up in the night, no matter how long or short I'm gone my dog steals my spot on the bed immediately. So annoying. As if I wasn't having enough trouble sleeping...
  • @meggyme ha! Oh nooo! I usually like to let my pets sleep when they are curled up and comfy but my sympathy has gone way down when they are in the way of my own sleeping comfort. 
  • lelkcotlelkcot member
    edited November 2018
    @meggyme and @mayoduck we kicked the pets out of our bedroom a while ago for these very reasons! But they definitely steal spots of the couch the minute you move!
    edited for autocorrects!
  • @mayoduck - same! Two of my cats love sleeping on my bump pillow. So I get to maneuver around them in the motn. Chalking it up to clinginess. 🙄 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @mayoduck Same here! Whether it's the middle of the night or day, I always find one of my dogs laying on my pregnancy pillow or they like to share the body pillow with me now lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• My dog steals my spot in the bed too. I can't be too mad, she keeps it warm.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @swanbrooner hey girl hey!

Man, I can't even keep up with that WRW thread anymore. For someone hustling to make $20-$30k over her annual expenses that somehow can't afford health insurance, she has a lot of free time on her hands...