July 2019 Moms
Options

Appointments- Week of 11/26

Share any appointments you have this week, questions you have before or after them, and how the appointment went! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Appointments- Week of 11/26

• Options
    I have my first ultrasound on Wednesday. Because of my history and ultrasounds often not going well for me I’m terrified. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    Good luck @coco2787!  My fingers are crossed that everything looks perfect! ❤️ 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @coco2787 Good luck! <3<3 
  • Options
    First u/s tomorrow morning, should be 6w1d - though my cycle isn’t regular, so it could be off a little. This is pregnancy #5 and I have a 5.5 year old son... 3 miscarriages. I’m nervous, but usually find out that the baby stopped growing before 6 weeks, and usually before that the loss of symptoms and bleeding starts. I definitely still have the symptoms, especially food aversions, so fingers crossed this time. 
  • Options
    Good luck @Panaceia and @coco2787

i have my first appointment and u/s tomorrow. LMP puts me at 9 weeks but I think I’m closer to 7 according to O.  Tried to prepare my husband today so he doesn’t panic about the difference. 
  • Options
    @Panaceia I've also found that the relief that comes with a good u/s is very short lived.  With both my MMC baby was still fine at this point so even if things go well for me I won't feel much better.  I hope everything goes well for you on Thursday and that getting past that milestone eases some of your anxiety.  

@alyssagf FX everything looks just as it should tomorrow, it's so hard not to be nervous after losses <3 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    I hope all of you have good appointments and ultrasounds this week. Thinking of all of you! 
  • Options
    Good luck on all appointments,  ladies! 

AFM, I'm in Europe and we only get our first midwife appointment at 8-10 weeks and no ultrasound except the anatomy scan 😬 (there are some exceptions,  of course...last pregnancy I had a few more due to pgal anxiety in first tri and then in third my baby was breech and his movement was stifled from his position so we had more checkups, but this time I'm going to try to use the holidays to distract me and be able to wait until the 8-10 week appointment and AS at 18-20 weeks.)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    First appt is Wed with first child. Not many symptoms which has me worried. What questions should I ask at the appointment?
  • Options
    First appointment is on Friday. Excited and holdin everything goes ok!
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    I have my viability ultrasound in an hour

• Options
    I have a second ultrasound scheduled for wednesday afternoon. I will be 8w+6. So nervous after two miscarriages... they both happened before 7 weeks though. All this reading of MMC is so scary. I'm still feeling very sick, though, so that's a great sign! Praying for all of us and our babies!
  • Options
    @Panaceia & @coco2787 I'll be thinking of you both this week, as well as everyone else who has an appointment!

My first appointment is this Wednesday. I'll be 8+2. I'm not sure if I'll have an u/s or if they'll schedule one for a later date.

• Options
    First appointment is this Thursday 11/29! So excited! For those that have had their first appointments- any advice on things you wish you had asked that us newbies can learn from?
  • Options
    @doodlemomma and @ironcat2300 I would ask if there are rotating Dr's at their practice and if you'll get to meet them. They should provide an OTC pregnancy safe med list in their welcome packet, if not I would ask for one. Maybe ask about ultrasounds when/how frequently you'll be getting them? When/if they recommend getting the flu shot.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I’m in the waiting room for my first ultrasound right now! Hoping for good news.
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    edited November 2018
    Appointment went well. My EDD is still 7/8/19, and HR was 163. Waiting on all the blood, urine, and pap tests to come back. 

I’m still confused about skincare products, particularly for acne. The PA I messaged through their patient portal said to avoid Salicylic Acid, but the NP that I saw today said “anything OTC is fine.” 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    My 1st appointment &U/S on Wednesday. This is my 1st too... excited & a little nervous.
    my love and + energy for all momies posted here... hope your appointments go great! 
  • Options
    @rgn12 Also retinol, my dermatologist advised me against anything with retinol while pregnant. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tsa208 yes definitely! I guess she didn’t think about that one when she said any otc is fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    Looks like I'm going in for my first prenatal today at 6w+4. Due to all of the progesterone talk, I think they want to check me earlier than the 9w visit I was initially scheduled for. 
  • Options
    Had my appt BUT they don't want to send me for an ultrasound until about 10-12 weeks. Definitely way different than my OB experience. I need to get real zen about this pregnancy being so hands-off. They did blood draws to check on a number of things and will start weaning me off of my progesterone at 12 weeks, as planned. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe are you going with midwives this time? 
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 Yes! I took DH and DS with me today and when we left DH was pretty happy and looking forward to the experience :) 
  • Options
    nolemomma14nolemomma14 member
    edited November 2018
    @mamanbebe that’s awesome! There is a birthing center not far from me, that I looked into for this pregnancy, but decided to stay with my OB. The midwives at the center were wonderful though, and I have a couple of friends who go there and have really enjoyed the family atmosphere they have
  • Options
    I had my first appointment yesterday & all went well! Little bean measured in at 7W2D so my due date got pushed out a week later than I thought. Heart rate was 144 BPM. Everything's looking good!!
  • Options
    ***Pontential TW***

Had my first ultrasound on Monday and unfortunately it didn't go well. Just the gestational sac and yolk sac (I'm supposed to be close to 9 weeks). They did the first round of bloodwork today, doing the second set Friday and then we will go from there. No one is very optimistic at this point. Really frustrated because we did some pretty special announcements to parents over Thanksgiving (including driving to 11 states in 4 days to tell everyone) and then we had to call them back 3 days later and let them know it wasn't looking good. DH is being amazing and I know we will ultimately be fine no matter what happens. I actually in some ways feel the most bad for our family, this was going to be the first grandchild on either side so everyone was getting REALLY hyped up and excited last week. If this ends poorly I think my parents might end up taking it harder than DH and I. Sorry for the slightly long post here, it's the first time I've really let myself talk/type anything about it other than to DH and a quick call/texts to my Mom. Any prayers/thoughts would of course be appreciated! 

****End TW
  • Options
    @sonorous622 prayers for you! ❤️
  • Options
    @sonorous622 I'm so so sorry you are going through this. The limbo is the worst part. I know there are no words that make this any better. Take some time to let yourself feel however you need to feel. No matter what happens you will get through this.
  • Options
    Thanks so much @rgn12 and @Panaceia

• Options
    Thinking of you @sonorous622
  • Options
    @sonorous622 I'm so sorry, be kind to yourself this week, I'll be thinking of you all on Friday. 
  • Options
    @sonorous622 Prayers getting sent your way!
  • Options
    @sonorous622 I’m so sorry you’re doing through this. Prayers for you and your family. Hugs 
  • Options
    @sonorous622 I'm so sorry you are dealing with this ❤ thinking of you
  • Options
    @sonorous622 I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Praying Friday brings good news! ❤️ 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙