May 2019 Moms
Options

Thanksgiving Week Randomness

Seriously, did everyone go on vacation from their phones? This board is practically ded. 

Re: Thanksgiving Week Randomness

• Options
    My kids are home from school all week and they are already fighting and crying. Oh and my oldest got slime in her hair and I had to google how to get it out because soap and water weren’t working. Vinegar finally did the trick. And my youngest is now yelling about a headache. Sigh! It’s going to be a long day. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    I took a bump break over the weekend. We took DS to the zoo on a Saturday, and it was so fun and so exhausting. We both ended up taking a 3 hour nap yesterday (which is unheard of him to do). I wasn’t complaining though! Now just powering through the next few days until Thanksgiving and looking for early Black Friday deals because I want to get Christmas shopping over ASAP! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel the same way! The board has been so quiet! I’ve been feeling eh today. I need a vacation so bad! Tomorrow is Tuesday-Friday for me!!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Fake Friday for me tomorrow too! I can’t wait but then we have to turn around and drive 4 hours tomorrow night. So looking forward to thanksgiving! 
  • Options
    Oh I posted another randoms today. Oh well lol
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    My boss told me today we are probably all leaving Wednesday after lunch. Music to my ears. I can come home & nap!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Yes on vacation! Lots of family time, less phone time. I feel like I'm still on my phone a lot more than I should be but it's harder to keep up here because I don't have time to read through everything and respond meaningfully.

• Options
    I have to get our house decent and fold all my laundry to make packing easier. We leave Wednesday for my in laws for the weekend. 
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo that sounds so nice! 

• Options
    edited November 2018
    No idea what we're doing this week now. My mil encouraged us to come up if we want or stay home if that's best for H. He hasn't woken up so I don't really know what to expect. He doesn't have a very high pain tolerance and this is particularly bad so I'm expecting him to be in pretty bad shape. I was so excited about getting away from reality and eating turkey and all the fixings. 

Edited because that last sentence sounded really selfish. Going to my in laws is a nice vacation a lot of the time, and it's been a busy couple of months and hard not seeing H because he's gone all the time. I was just excited to go and spend time with him and DS. He woke up and said he still wants to go, so that's nice. But I don't know how it's going to be on the spending time together front. He's in a lot of pain. 
  • Options
    This actually makes me feel a lot better about being MIA lately. I’m finally off orientation on my new nursing unit and I’ve been so busy with work on weekends and then kid stuff all week! 

@chucksmom15 my youngest is named Charlotte and I love it so much!
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• Options
    Yeah, I saw the romaine lettuce recall AFTER eating my tuna sandwich with romaine lettuce. ugh.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    Again with the romaine? At least it makes me feel slightly better about not eating my greens lately. 
  • Options
    My boss and I both got awful diarrhea yesterday and we ate the same freaking salad (tuna fish with lettuce) at our work meeting on Saturday. I’m thinking there has got to be some sort of connection. I’m trying not to freak out bc I feel ok, but I thought I had been feeling the baby move and now I’m not feeling it. May have to break out the Doppler tonight. Ecoli is “safer” in pregnancy than listeria right? I feel like the only things safe to eat are cooked. I’m soooo annoyed that they served deli sandwiches at this meeting 
  • Options

So my daughter is going to deleware with my mother for thanksgiving. And my husband wants to go see his family in DC. But we suppose to go to DC, Wednesday evening for his cousin-giving at her house. I mean no harm but I dont care to see all his aunts, uncles etc the next day. I rather stay home, then to make that 45 minute drive one way- two days in a row. I told him, I will stay home on thursday by myself and make a roast, baked mac and cheese, collard greens, mash potatoes, corn on the cob and bake a pie. Me and my growing belly will eat and watch lifetime movie network. Like im just not in the mood to be around a bunch of people thats just gonna keep asking me about my pregnancy. Yuck, leave me alone. As you all can see I'm not the biggest fan of his family they ghetto messy people, and I dont feel like it this year. Im pregnant and classy. LOL plus last year that plate he brought me back from there was NASTY. Happy i always cook something nice for thanksgiving. Cus that shit went right in the trash.

• Options
    I am having such a bad day. I packed everything up to go to my in laws, we were set to beat Seattle traffic. Then I went to pick up H's prescriptions to find that he needed a paper prescription for Percocet. Went home to find he never received it. Drove across town to get the prescription from the ER and back across town to fill it only to find out the doctor didn't fucking sign it. So, they started working on the prescription for me when I left, but obviously couldn't give it to me without a signature. So I drove all the way back across town to the hospital again to find the prescribing doctor was not there and the one who was wanted to prescribe Norco instead of Percocet. Which isn't an issue except she was working on the Percocet prescription. Drove back to the pharmacy and finally got his medications 3 hours later. I have been in tears for a great deal of the day. Now it'll take 3.5 hours to get to my in laws (vs 2.5) thanks to traffic. Contemplating waiting until later. Or tomorrow, but everything we need is in the car already 😭
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds ugh you and your family are having such a rough time. You will make it through this. I'm sorry that all of this seems to be happening at once for you all. I hope your husband feels better and you can relax at your in-laws (I forget if that's a possibility or not...wouldn't be for me but FX it is for you). You deserve a break, lady!!!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds that sounds really rough :( I hope it all gets better for you guys soon. 

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I would just wait.  That’s so frustrating 
  • Options
    We drove to my MIL’s house for Thanksgiving week.  It’s a 12 hour drive so we left Friday night and drove though the night.  So of course at 5:30 am with two hours left in our drive, we got a flat tire.  Thanks to that we didn’t get in till around 3 pm.  I don’t think either of us have really recovered from that exhaustion yet.  
  • Options
    @beccaneu On one of our trips from Florida to DHs parents house in OH (an 18 hour drive with normal stops, not including kid-related stops) we got a flat tire three hours in 😖 I believe our it our second trip with DD1, she was a year old. Thankfully we had a full size spare because we were traveling in a holiday and *nothing* was open. Flats are such a pain.
  • Options
    I'm really not looking forward to T-giving this year. I have to drive about 5 hours by myself tonight to get there, and it's a huge family affair. Normally this is lovely, but we are announcing our pregnancy tomorrow. It means I'll be front-row-center for family attention.

Normally I'm ok with this but I have an anxiety disorder and I had a freakout two nights ago. Not a panic attack but I just got very very upset (likely hormones played a roll) about how my husband and his parents are desperate to find a nickname for our daughter Philippa. Everyone seemed to like Piper after shutting down Pippa and Poppy, but the more I thought about it the more I didn't like Piper. I started panicking and hubs got pissed at me for making something out of nothing. We sorted it all out and we are going to call her Philippa until she's born and we can suss out a nickname that works for her.

But with that freakout so close to Thanksgiving I'm so nervous that I'll have another if people start badgering me or making judgements about the name or lack of nickname or whatever. Most people won't but one or two might. Basically if even the slightest thing goes wrong I know I'm on the brink of a full panic attack.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @missmcgonnagal Good Luck tomorrow! Just remember that you have no obligation to tell anyone anything about your pregnancy that you don't want to or your daughter's name, etc. If you don't like a nickname and it comes up, just stand your ground. I love Poppy! You could always just name her that or tell everyone that is the name your choosing! 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds have a relaxing time! (PS I hate driving too!)

• Options
    @chucksmom15 Glad everything is ok and looks great for baby! I LOVE the name Charlotte Mae! So pretty! 😍

@eatinwatermelonseeds Enjoy your break and take full advantage of the grandma time!

All the e.coli talk has me scared to eat any kind of lettuce which sucks because I live off wraps and subs. 😩

@chloe97 Sounds pretty coincidental that both you and your boss had diarrhea from the same salad. How’re you feeling today?

I’ve been Amazon obsessed and trying to knock out my Christmas shopping early for once, so I haven’t been checking in much. If anyone is needing Christmas ideas for their little ones, Amazon is having good “Deal of the Day” prices on Hape and Melissa and Doug toys.

DS saw this marble run set at a toy store at the beach a few months ago, and he was obsessed! There was no way I was going to pay over $100 for it, but Amazon has it on sale, so I’m *super* excited!

Also, I have to work until 3 today. Womp, womp. Jealous of everyone already off for Thanksgiving! Hope everyone has a good day, safe travels, and fully takes advantage of stretchy pants! 🦃
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @chloe97
    People generally won't get sick (from e. coli) until three or four days after eating something bad.
    Signed, someone who also ate tuna with romaine for lunch yesterday. (My boss also had it too! parallel lives)

ETA - oh shoot. I just saw you ate it on Saturday. :disappointed: My comment is more applicable to me then, as I wait to make sure I stay healthy. What makes me feel better is that although ALL romaine has been recalled, the chances of eating tainted lettuce is exceedingly rare. Hope you feel better soon!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    Taco Bell has their rolled chicken tacos back. I’m a happy pregnant lady!
  • Options
    @megsb615 So many good deals on Amazon but not so many for young toddlers. I love that marble run!

• Options
    @mrskoz428 The other day I had to make a decision between Arby's and Taco Bell. Arby's won, but I told DH we would be back for Taco Bell later and *soon*!
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 you just made my day! Dinner is definitely going to be Taco Bell tonight. 
  • Options
    @megstevens92 @imrachellea thank you for not making me feel guilty about getting Taco Bell for lunch. It was amazing! ❤️
  • Options
    @kvh22 I could see that. Little toddlers are kind of a hard stage to buy for because baby toys are too “babyish”, but some of the toddler toys would be a little much for them. DS was 16m last Christmas, and his wagon was his “big toy”. Kohl’s app (not necessarily the store) usually has good Black Friday deals too.  
  • Options
    @megsb615 a wagon is a great idea. I was looking at balance bikes. I also overdid it for her birthday in August so part of the problem is we don't need much. The xylophone thing on the deals today we got for her bday.  I have stuff on her list, though, just want to leave the smaller things for family.

• Options
    @kvh22 I could also use ideas for my almost 2 year old niece. The problem I have is my brother and sister in law seem to hate toys so it has to be something that isn't too big.