2nd Trimester
Options

Weight gain & showing early

This is my 4th pregnancy but only viable pregnancy. I’ve never been this fair along with the previous pregnancies. I’m 19 weeks and I feel like my belly is measuring around 20-22 weeks according to other comparisons online. I have gained roughly 10-12 lbs total and I’m concerned about too much weight gain. I’m starting to feel down on myself because I want to be “in shape” but have been put on restrictions too. Any advice? 

Re: Weight gain & showing early

• Options
    This is my 4th pregnancy but only viable pregnancy. I’ve never been this fair along with the previous pregnancies. I’m 19 weeks and I feel like my belly is measuring around 20-22 weeks according to other comparisons online. I have gained roughly 10-12 lbs total and I’m concerned about too much weight gain. I’m starting to feel down on myself because I want to be “in shape” but have been put on restrictions too. Any advice? 
    Has your doctor expressed concern? 
    Doctor Google and internet strangers can not tell you what is healthy for you.  
    This really is a discussion that needs to be discussed with your health care provider.

How do you "feel like" your body is showing 22 weeks? Everyone is different and you will be properly measured at your next appointment.

All you can do is eat a balanced meal, do what your doctor says to do activity wise and that's all you can do.
  • Options
    Thank you for the response. I need to stay off the Internet, clearly I’m reading too much into my size. I’m fairly petite and when my family members see me they make comments on how big my belly is already at 19 weeks along. Makes me doubt myself and he pregnancy that there is something wrong. My next appts are in the next coming weeks. I’ll ask them all these questions, just wanted to get a feel from other expectant mothers. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You may just carry big. With both my pregnancies, I looked like I was 30+ weeks along by the time I hit 20 weeks. Both my babies were born totally healthy and I had no issues during the pregnancy or after. As long as your dr isn’t worried, you should be fine. 
  • Options
    Definitely second asking your doctor, but I had to ask my mom to make myself feel better. I'm in my first pregnancy and am currently 23 weeks, but have been showing since around 12 weeks. I had a work event that I had to attend the day before 12 weeks and realized that almost all of my clothes showed a pretty visible (albeit small) bump. I called my mom after a friend made an offhanded comment about how it was really early for me to be showing and my mom said that she had always showed early with her pregnancies. 
  • Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited December 2018
    jlklec19 said:
    Definitely second asking your doctor, but I had to ask my mom to make myself feel better. I'm in my first pregnancy and am currently 23 weeks, but have been showing since around 12 weeks. I had a work event that I had to attend the day before 12 weeks and realized that almost all of my clothes showed a pretty visible (albeit small) bump. I called my mom after a friend made an offhanded comment about how it was really early for me to be showing and my mom said that she had always showed early with her pregnancies. 
    Sorry hun, but that 12 week "showing" is bloat, baby isnt big enough for you to be showing. Baby is 2" long, a size of a lime, that in your uterus doesn't show.
  • Options
    jlklec19 said:
    Sorry hun, but that 12 week "showing" is bloat, baby isnt big enough for you to be showing. Baby is 2" long, a size of a lime, that in your uterus doesn't show.
    You're right, but it never went away in the weeks following and here we are at 23 weeks with a pretty visible bump (which is very helpful when riding the train in the AM with the never ending morning nausea haha). I've seen some women whose belly changed from night to morning because of bloat, but not mine (which worried/stressed me in the beginning a lot). Between talking to my doctor who assured me that I'm measuring right on schedule and talking to the women in my family, I felt a little more comfort than when I turned to Google. I hope the OP can find the same comfort. :smile: