February 2019 Moms

Weekly randoms 11/12-11/16

Re: Weekly randoms 11/12-11/16

• @megpants209 I can’t believe how much you are going through right now. I’m so sorry. 

@hannahbananas11 Congrats to you guys for the job offer!! That’s so exciting!!
  • @megpants209 I'm so sorry  :'(

Congrats @hannahbananas11 's H!! When is the move?
  • Loading the player...
  • @hannahbananas11 that is SO exciting and such a huge stress relief! Congrats!
  • @hannahbananas11 I'm glad you guys had a great trip and such exciting news about the job offer. Alaska is such an exciting adventure for you guys. 

To all struggling with sick pets I am so sorry. Pets become such large parts of our family it's an emotional rollercoaster when they are sick. We lost one of our dogs in August and it was such a hard time for me. I could barely handle my toddler's questions about where she was and when she was coming back. I'm emotional when  not pregnant but add on the PG hormones and I was in terrible shape.  Hugs for all that need them right now.  <3
  • @hannahbananas11 amazing congratulations!!

@megpants209 so sorry!

i havent been on In a few days so also catching up. I’m so angry this morning. My neighbour is a jackass!! He has a loud truck and every fucking morning he peels out of our street and wakes DD up. And its early. this morning we woke up to a bunch of snow. So what better to do then drive your loud snowmobile at 530am up and down the street. Hes gunna get told if i see him. 
  • @megpants209 I’m so sorry your pup is sick again. I hope they can figure something out to get her better. It’s so unfair all that life has piled on you! 

@hannahbananas11 that is awesome! Congratulations to you and your husband! What an exciting opportunity!!

@cass06_07 so sorry your kitty isn’t doing well. It’s so hard to see our pets suffer! I hope she makes a turn for the better!
  • @hannahbananas11 that is so exciting!!! Congrats and good luck planning!!

@megpants209 I am sorry about your pup, good luck with the next treatments.

@cass06_07 oh poor kitty! Been there, did not tell H what the vet bills were until later... Hope the surgery goes well.
  • @smallbutmighty77 thank you SO MUCH <3. And holy stress for you! I hope your mom was able to recover :( 
  • @cass06_07 sending good vibes to your kitty. I hope the night was uneventful. 
  • Thanks all!  We made it through the night... well DH was on night duty, and now I'm working from home on day duty while he sleeps.    More issues this morning but shes been sleeping soundly for the past 2 hours.  dreading her next bathroom attempt. FX

• Argh. I’m currently answering phones because the receptionist left early, and a woman called to say that one of our drivers had cat-called her. Wtf. She didn’t get a good look at him so I don’t know who it is, but when he comes back I’ll know (only one truck is currently on the road) and I’ll smack the fucker. Who does that?? 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Driver came and talked to me, he claims he was singing. Yeah right. I guess there’s not much I can do when it’s word against word but I know who I believe!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @danixbanani24 - get her gurrlll! Hateful old hag. 
  • Got my AS bill today. I have to pay over $700. Insurance paid about $200. If you need me I'll be screaming into my pillow and crying in the fetal position. Dreading the echo bill that's coming.
  • @notthecheat-That is awful and ridiculous. What kind of pathetic insurance is that?! How can that be right?!
  • @notthecheat that sounds crazy even for US insurance standards - call them and just ask about it maybe something was coded wrong?  I had to fight a lot of bills after DS was born and eventually I won some of those battles 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Good grief @notthecheat! Does that mean they charge 900$ for an ultrasound? Surely that can't be right.
  • etnyahetnyah member
    edited November 2018
    @becks_726 when I finally got all my bills from the hospital, my NT scan came to well over $1k. There were even two bills, one from the hospital and one from the ultrasound/radiology company that operates within the hospital (??) which I thought was a scam at first when I got my $600 invoice out of nowhere, on top of the $500 I had already paid.

I actually still haven't paid that invoice, since the reason I thought it was a scam was because they had my insurance company wrong and the invoice stated my insurance company had denied the claim (no shit, that's not my insurance company!). Any medical bill that hasn't gone through my insurance first gets a no from me. I corrected them and am now currently waiting for them to send it to my actual insurance company. Even if I have to pay it all, I at least want it to count towards my deductible!

TLDR: Hospital bills suck and everything's too complicated and expensive.

ETA: Also, somehow my AS was way cheaper than my NT, even before insurance. How does that even add up, I was in there for almost two hours! 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Here’s a crazy American insurance story. My breast pump (Spectra S2) is $199 if you get it full price (although it’s currently $151 on amazon and on even deeper sale elsewhere). Under Obamacare American insurance companies have to cover the cost of breast pumps for new moms. Ok, awesome. So I put in my info on the breast pump website, they contact my insurance who say it’s covered, and a few weeks later I get my pump in the mail. Easy, right?

Well, a few weeks after that I get the “Explanation of Benefits” for the pump from my insurance company. It says that the breast pump company billed my insurance company EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS for my $199 pump. Supposedly my insurance company then “negotiated” that amount down by $6500. They claim that after that they paid $1500 for my pump that I could get right now on Amazon for $150. You couldn’t make this shit up. 

• sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited November 2018
    @jessier19- That is everything that is wrong with everything. WTH!

also, unsolicited thought: loved the spectra. If they’ll do either, S1 you can use on the battery so you can do things like I did, like pump in the car while in the passenger seat while your DH drives and shock looky Lous on the freeway ;)
  • @jessier19 Holy fuck. Aaand that's why insurance is so expensive, hospitals and medical companies claiming things cost way more than they actually do. This whole country is so fucked up.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @jessier19 that's incredibly messed up. That's not a functional healthcare system. 

• I has a Madela breast pump through Obamacare last time but I didn’t respond well to it no matter what size flanges I used. Kaiser offers the Spectra. Worth a try.
  • Oh Lordy after DS was born I fought bills for monthssss.  Like doctors charging me for seeing me in the hospital that weren’t covered?  Like my hospital was covered but the doctors who saw me weren’t? No thanks! 
  • I’ve never contacted insurance over bills and just blindly paid them. Do you guys get itemized bills to argue? Or just call when you get the final bill and see what was covered and what you still have to pay for? 
  • @ginger1228 Giiiiiiirl its some people's jobs to find small mistakes in a claim to find a reason to not pay for them. Always check those bills and EOB's over.
  • @madreofdragons is right - double check everything! Some I noticed they never even sent to my insurance first!
  • Will def do this time! DD’s birth was the first major medical bill I’ve ever had. We just got a big one for my H’s hernia repair so I’ll def be checking on it. 
  • Ugh just got baby medical bills from July, seriously?! Idk why it took so long for them to send it
  • Ugh just got baby medical bills from July, seriously?! Idk why it took so long for them to send it
    We just got H’s hospital bill from June! Wtf. I had forgotten about it - we received thensurgeon’s bill quickly, but FIVE months for the rest is ridic. Obviously we’d owe it either way, but I had forgotten about it at this point. Wasn’t a welcomed surprise. 
  • I have been MIA the last few days but promise to catch up! Power was out and phone obviously died. Getting back on track today. Power came back yesterday night, but between work amd life haven't had time to read everything.

Fun comment at work: customer flipped out and started cussing about how horrible a restaurant it was and how she waswthe neighbor of the area manager(oddly since he lives 2 states away...) And I am a sarcastic butt. I smiled said thanks for the compliment since tantrums aren't appreciated. I also told her  I would text him to expect her visit when she gets back to the state.  Customer finally left. The cashier did not pick up on any of my sarcasm (guess I need to get better) and said, " you should have yelled at her too! Gotten all preggo hormonal on her. What can she do,  call and complain to corporate about the pregnant manager?" I just laughed and said thanks for your support. 
  • OMG the new Jim Gaffigan special on Amazon is everything. He’s basically me as a parent. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• STMs - does anyone feel like you get absolutely nothing when your littles are suffering? My DS gets a horrible cough every time he is sick and I mean HORRIBLE.  I was asthmatic as a child and for bronchitis a lot and I feel like DS is in the same boat but the pediatrician doesn’t want to prescribe ANYTHING.  At what point do they? When he has pneumonia? I’m so frustrated - like he needs a stronger cough medicine he’s coughing so bad he chokes in his sleep.  When we were in Florida and he had a respiratory infection the urgent care gave him Bromfed cough syrup and it helped right away.  I would never get that here in NY and I don’t even go to a crunchy granola pediatrician - I’m hoarding that cough syrup like gold but I gave some to DS tonight bc once again he’s like not able to breath.  

Ugh I’m frustrated 
  • @danixbanani24
    Bromfed is like liquid gold. I hoard the stuff too even though my kids doctor isn't super stingy with it. I think it's hard to get anything else because some doctors are super cautious about antibiotic resistance but I mean, come on! Does your poor kid need to cough up a lung? 
    I hope he can get something to help him feel better soon.