February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 11/12-11/16

Re: Weekly randoms 11/12-11/16

• Options
    @danixbanani24 it seriously is flying by. And I feel like through the holidays is going to go so fast! 

@okayestmom12 not opposed! It’s so much easier for me than using the bump app (not on a regular computer much) 
  • Options
    @madreofdragons Steve does look so pleased with himself! That picture is darling.

I don't understand how we're (some of us) already at biweekly appointments. Starting to get really really real ...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited November 2018
    Any other Outlander fans out there?  I think I might be 12 because I got this marketing email and it made me SQUEEE with delight because I have been waiting for this for years, in my mind... hahahah
  • Options
    DD has been sick since Sunday.  It's been a rough last few days and we all haven't been sleeping much since she is coughing and waking up with a high fever.  Hoping tonight goes better. 

As for today I am drinking my coffee and trying to stay awake to function at least semi productively at work. 
  • Options
    I would be down with a migration thread, but I am going to put in yet another plea for a platform other than FB. I don't want to go back there, it's been so good to be off of it! But I love this group (even though I don't love the Bump as a platform). 

also @sjnsjnsjn YESSSSSS
  • Options
    @okayestmom12 - I’m sure you hear “oh good so you’re done!!” a lot too. 

Someone stopped me the other day and was saying how they don’t understand why people keep having kids if the first two are a boy and a girl. I didn’t even know what to say. 
  • Options
    @ginger1228 wow, really??? I will never understand why some people think it's ok to say what they do.
  • Options
    @ginger1228 - we get lots of “you already have one of each, so why would you have a third?” Gee, because there are lots of reasons to want the number of kids you want that aren’t determined by sex, maybe? Or they ask if #3 was an accident - the timing was off a few months, but we want three kids. 

I’m sure if we had two of the same sexpeople would assume we’re only having a third to have whichever we didn’t have - which wouldn’t be the case - we WANT three. People need to STFU - someone else’s family make up isn’t anyone else’s business. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    I’ve also heard people say that having more than two kids is selfish because it contributes to overpopulation, since two kids replace you and your partner and more than that is just excessive.

Umm no, that’s not how overpopulation works. In western countries, fertility is on a steep decline because most people are having one, two or zero kids. A family here and there having three or five kids doesn’t make much of a difference. If you’re so concerned about overpopulation, how about heading to a country where they don’t have access to contraceptives and help out there.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    H gets a lot of “poor you” looks about 2 girls. 
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits - I feel the same about sounding adversarial when people say they hope we’re having a boy since we already have a daughter. It’s hard not to sound defensive but it’s so annoying!

@grebretso - ask the overpopulation crowd how many of their kids they adopted. If they want to help solve that problem, then adopt one of the thousands of kids who need a home. 
  • Options
    @grebretso I completely agree. I had to have a girl because my family only makes girls.... meanwhile my SO only has brothers and my sister has a son, so the logic just doesn’t make sense. 
  • Options
    @ginger1228 That is awful! I certainly don't do a girl justice by your friends standards, but I'm more than happy to let her grandparents and aunts etc pick up the slack! My daughter is so girly, it's a real blessing that I didn't cover her in pink and lace the moment she was born. And now she's a little jealous of all the cool dinosaur sleepers grandma keeps picking out for little brother! 
  • Options
    @kayjay44 Exactly. If every girl and woman in the world got to decide exactly how many kids she wanted, overpopulation would not be an issue at all. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    I just want to stop puking and be able to eat like a normal person. I’m starving, but know if I eat now it will come back up. At this point, I am not sure how I will survive 3 more months of this - I’m not sure how I’ve survived the 6 months up to this point either, but it’s getting to the point where I can’t take much more. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    My 4.5yo girl loves dinosaurs, hot wheels and Batman. She also has her traditionally girly stuff (dress up clothes, barbies, etc.), but she plays with a plethora of stuff. 

We’ve also gotten the comments about the third baby. This one was earlier than expected, but DH and I always wanted three. I got so tired of hearing “I bet you’re so glad you’re done now that you have one of each” after DS1 was born. People are so stupid. 
  • Options
    Alternatively with two boys we also get the “will you try for a girl??” Comments  :|
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Jeez @danixbanani24. Your second boy isn’t even born yet and people are already asking about a potential next one?? 

I guess thats similar to what my mom said the other day. She asked when we’d try for a sibling because having just one is child abuse, apparently. I told her I’d pass the remark along to my IL’s since H is an only child. Ours might end up being one too, we haven’t decided yet! Let us see how having one baby works out first, please. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso I wasn't ready for a second child until DD was fully potty trained. Approximately 3 yo.. TBH I'm still not 100% sure I want  can handle a second child.. but were in way too deep now! :wink: 
  • Options
    @lzzfrancisco Ha, exactly.

Also, only children don’t know what it’s like to have siblings, and children with siblings don’t know what it’s like not to have them, so how can anyone say what’s best? H had a happy childhood with lots of friends, I had a happy childhood with siblings. My mom said “but he’ll want a sibling!” which might be true, but I remember desperately wanting an older sister as a kid and it’s not like that was going to happen either. I turned out fine without one. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @kayjay44 Exactly. People think only children are spoiled because they get all the attention, but it’s equally possible to spoil siblings too. It’s all down to parenting style. And guess who has to do ALL the chores in a family with one child? :D
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    It’s seems like whether you have zero, one or 2+ kids you are always going to be judged. I had DD in my mid-thirties and got the ‘so when are you going to have kids?’ question a billion times. Then when I had her it was, “oh you only have one??” I mean dang, people live your life and I’ll live mine. 
  • Options
    @grebretso I have a cousin who is the same age as I am, but is an only child. I grew up wishing I could trade places with him and he could have the siblings and I could be an only child. Hoping my sister doesn't read this(my brother can bite me), but as an adult I pretty much feel the same way. I wouldn't love her any more or less if she were my sister compared to my cousin. I just think moms of only children have to work a little harder to help their kid develop bonds with friends and extended family. 
    That being said, DH is youngest of 4 and probably wouldn't have survived losing his parents if it weren't for his siblings.
    The good news is you can't actually start making a sibling until you actually birth #1, so it's not like you have to make any decisions now anyways! 
  • Options
    The only thing I have noticed about DH being an only child is that he really struggles to understand sibling dynamics. He never had a brother or sister to irritate the hell out of him so he doesn't understand sometimes why the boys get so mad at each other. I had a younger brother who seemed to make it his mission to make me crazy so I get it! 
  • Options
    @ginger1228 yup, I've been exhausted but I chalked it up to pregnant with a 15mo old a busy ft job. Maybe I don't have to feel like I haven't slept in ever.

Also, my 1st was a girl and I am not girly. My kid eats, sleeps, talks, climbs, walks and is super h as pot. I call that a win, even if I did it without bows.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!