June 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 11/10-11/11

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 11/10-11/11

• Options
    My body holds onto weight when EBF. Once I introduce solids I start losing. I'm still up 10 lbs from my last pregnancy. It was 20 but I lost 10 lbs due to MS. I plan to be better about watching my weight gain this pregnancy  I have always gained about the same amount each time but this last time was harder for me to lose it. 
  • Options
    I hope it’s ok to just vent here a little bit... please ignore if you aren’t in the mood.

Me and my partner live in a really gross slum apartment right now. I’m talking permanent horrible roach infestation and neglectful landlords that take advantage of every loophole with the authorities so that it’s close to a full time job to get anything done about it, and when they do something it’s the bare minimum required by law and the critters are back in a week.  I’m in grad school and he works in nonprofits so before I was pregnant we just decided to tough it out until the end of this school year to save money. It was gross but we could handle it with a good attitude and lots of bleach. Now that I’m pregnant morning sickness is really messing with me and I can’t stand it anymore. I can’t be in our kitchen for more than 5 minutes without getting sick, seeing the bugs (which happens five zillion times a day) makes me feel sick, and I am so miserable. At the same time I’m incredibly blessed because my partner got a second job and so we can afford a decent place because he is an amazing person. We applied for a great place on Friday and if we get it we can move in mid-December during my winter break from school but I honestly don’t know how I’m even going to make it until then... and I’m pre-emptively stressed out about how to make sure we don’t take the infestation with us and also I’m worried about insecticides and stuff while I’m pregnant. I just want to fast forward to my second trimester in a new apartment with no bugs and no morning sickness!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 Same here with my body holding onto weight while BF! I start to lose weight when I ween. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Mamadoesmath is there anyway to move sooner? If it were me I would miss a day of school to move. 

As for not taking the infestation, I don't know if that's possible. Roaches can get in boxes and hide so easy. I wouldn't pack ahead of time for sure. That way, the boxes aren't sitting there collecting them. 
  • Options
    @whitney812 I feel you with the body image stuff. I've not worked out for 3 weeks due to MS/nausea and exhaustion. I'm hoping once I hit the second tri I'll get the burst of energy everyone talks about. As long as I'm active, I feel like the weight gain won't bother me as much. I haven't regularly weighed myself in years and usually go by how my clothing fits...My favorite pair of running legging are feeling a bit snug on the belly this weekend.
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 unfortunately we can’t find local places with a sooner move in date - otherwise I would say f*** school for a day and get out of here haha. I agree about not packing in advance even though that’s going to make for one hellacious couple of days. I’ve even debated loading everything into the uhaul, then bug bombing the heck out of the back of the truck and making my partner and friends unload everything for me while I stay with friends for a weekend and let it all air out. 
  • Options
    @mamadoesmath A number of years ago I lived in an awesome apartment that ended up with roaches thanks to horrible neighbors 😡. When we moved we managed to not take them with us. Pack one box at a time, NOT in the rooms where they are, and as soon as it’s packed by hand so you know they aren’t in there, put it in the truck. That’s how we moved without taking anything with us. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @meatballs37 and the fact that she posted at 2 am and she actually posted in the intro thread instead of a separate post 😂
  • Options
    @meatballs37 and @nmbrcrnchr1 I don't know if I'm relieved or disappointed. Mostly relieved, I guess. But a little disappointed, not even gonna lie.
  • Options
    @mamadoesmath I’m so sorry you have to deal with that. I understand why you would be stressed. I hope the days fly by until you can move. 
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I had to go look up what you were talking about. Holy cannoli! I really really really hope she is a troll and isn’t actually pregnant.
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 @ruby696 I will say if she seriously is suffering from something as serious as schizophrenia, I hope her doctors have a plan to keep her and baby both safe. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 Agree 100%. 
  • Options
    Yup @meatballs37 definitely schizophrenic 
  • Options
    Maybe she is possessed. My husband sees all kinds of mentally ill patients in the ER that are talking to the voices in their head when he is trying to assess them. He says it makes the hair on the back of his neck stand up. It would freak me out. 

I also think she is a troll. Who would put all the stuff in their actual intro. I think if it were real it would be something that slowly was revealed to us over time. 
  • Options
    Oh my. It took me forever to figure out who you were talking about - FFSC I don’t always read the intro thread bc so many people intro and you never hear from them again. But wow. I hope it’s a troll for the baby’s sake by my drama llama hopes it’s legit and she comes back! 
  • Options
    It would've been even more interesting if it was the voices who got her pregnant.....
    yikes now I am freaked out....but joking aside, if she is really serious I hope she gets the help she needs for herself and the baby. I have family members with mental health issues, ranging from minor to serious, and it really is an awful struggle for all involved. 
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I also stopped reading the intros a few weeks ago. Or at least don’t read them religiously. But when I saw the last comment was @nmbrcrnchr1 I had to open it and make the little yellow icon go away. 😆
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I used to read them religiously to see if any other TTGP ladies joined. Now, not so much. In this case, I also opened it when I saw @nmbrcrnchr1 had posted.😂
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Don't do it. The hook effect is so real at this many weeks in our pregnancy. I made the mistake of POAS two days before our second US. It was lighter, but baby was fine. But man did I sweat it out those two days waiting. 

I also feel like this is the one piece of information I am most curious about though too with the OP in the intro thread. Like why does one keep peeing on the same stick? 
  • Options
    With my daughter....I bough a box of FRERs, got my BFP, and took a test every couple days until our first u/s at 8 weeks. This time, I got my BFP on a dollar tree test and although I have been super tempted to POAS again....I took a picture of my test so I can just look that repeatedly instead of driving myself nuts with more tests lol
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 maybe she is just super comfortable with herself to let everyone know everything upfront. But then to not say anything else after questions were asked: that’s fishy... I do hope she gets some help. 
  • Options
    Just got a pedicure and I was 5x more ticklish than before! It was so hard holding still, my legs just jerked out of reflex. I guess it's because of pregnancy.