Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Coming off depo shot

If any of you were on the depo shot before you started to ttc, how long did it take you to get a cycle after stopping? I was supposed to get my shot the beginning of September and I still haven’t had a period yet. I was only on the depo shot for 6 months. Tia 💖

Re: Coming off depo shot

• Options
    charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited November 2018
    If any of you were on the depo shot before you started to ttc, how long did it take you to get a cycle after stopping? I was supposed to get my shot the beginning of September and I still haven’t had a period yet. I was only on the depo shot for 6 months. Tia 💖
    QFP
    It's against TOU to ask on *this* board if you are pregnant. Also, pretty useless, and a little (lot) mean, since some of the women here have been trying for a long time. 
    If you think you might be pregnant, go pee on a stick, then move along to your birth month board. No need to update us. 
    If you are still *trying* after that, please read the "please read me first" change your handle to something legible, and this is an amazing group of women. 

• Options
    OP everyone is different so no one can tell you when your period will start again. Sometimes it just needs time. However, general rule of thumb is if you hit 60 days and still no period, then you should go and talk to your doctor. 

In future, one off posts like this are frowned upon, if you plan on sticking around I suggest taking a look at the below link:

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first/p1
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It took over 4 years before they realized that the first birth control pill, Enovid, could cause blood clots and pulmonary embolisms in it's patients... after over a million women had already been prescribed it.  People died taking BC pills before they even included warnings in it, in fact it took over 6 more years before they narrowed down what caused increased risks of side effects, and included patient packets outlining that.
    Really crazy.
    star shooting star the more you know educate yourself GIF

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    lulu1180 I personally am grateful that I was already off BC pills when I read those case files! Even though I'd taken BC pills for years and years beforehand, I would've stopped immediately it scared me so bad!!!  Glad things have improved for us, but I still feel like we've got a LONG way to go!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1