April 2019 Moms

Randoms 11/5

Re: Randoms 11/5

• @midway_mouse I am for sure an over packer!  with DD I though DH and all all kinds of things to do like games because I thought we would be bored in the hospital room. For the most part we just played on our phones, once DD was here the hospital days are so fast you have no time for anything. 

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @MRDCle wow, that's absolutely hilarious and totally useless. What a goofy thing to pack. I think my husband probably took himself sweat pants, but that's about it. Next time I am going to pack myself a slightly cuter 'going home' outfit. Last time I went home in pj bottoms and I had to crop all my photos of arriving home with the new baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @professormama I had my first LO at the end of July, the swelling and sweating was ungodly...
  • @harveyisaboysname don’t let the hospital bag talk make you feel behind! I was the one who brought it up, and that’s just because I was lurking other bmbs 😅 packing for trips/overnight stays/etc is one of my favorite things so I’m over eager. Also, I’m glad today has been a better day with the kids for you! 

• @MRDCle I literally LOL at what your DH brought in his "hospital bag." It's the epitome of a man panicking that his wife is in labor. :p
  • @MRDCle That sounds like my DH. I'm pretty sure he didn't grab a thing when i was in labor with DD. He actually ended up with an abscess from hell while i was in labor though so i don't even know if he noticed.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • (Sorry for being MIA and just diving back in - it's been a rock and roll past few days!)  My water broke a month early - I had bag's packed for my daughter and I already, but we thought it was a false alarm so we just left them at home when we went to the hospital.  We had to have my sister-in-law go to our apartment to get my stuff and pack a bag for my husband!  I think he'll be listening to my advice and packing early this time around.  The one hospital bag piece of advice I have (although we have SO MUCH TIME) before we have to worry about this: know YOU and pack for you!  Someone in my last BMB suggested bringing glasses cleaners, and I didn't realize what a need that was - I feel like not a human when my glasses are dirty, so that one small thing was a big comfort to me PP.
  • @ashtuesday that is helpful! I am guessing in the midst of everything, my glasses are going to be smeared and finger printed. 
    @harveyisaboysname I am itching to feel like I control something in my life lately and the hospital bag is just something that my brain latched onto. Waiting on my genetic testing and the upcoming anatomy scan are triggering my pgal brain like crazy! In no way am I organized or on top of anything.
  • @professormama I echo your sentiments re: packing for hospital. However, I will fully admit to being high maintenance about pillows, so I made DH bring mine from home. I know I'm not going to get rest while I'm there, but at least I can be comfy!

And yes..... I distinctly remember being so concerned about the night sweats last time and freaking out. The nurse told me my body was just trying to get rid of the extra fluid.

I am also over waiting for baby! April seems so close, and yet so far out of reach.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• I went into labor a week early and didn't have my bag packed. I have no idea why I hadn't done it, I remember thinking about it alot! hah! One thing that I always tell my friends is bring your own towel, hospital towels are the WORST.
  • Randomness...anyone hear of the Lullaby Hammock? I keep seeing ads on Facebook for them. Idk what to think about them
  • @izzymarie80 I saw an ad on instagram for it and am intrigued. I know there are a couple cultures that put babies in hammock type things. But I don’t have any idea if that’s “safer.” 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @izzymarie80 those seem like they would put baby at risk for positional asphyxiation. I would most definitely not be comfortable using one. 
  • In regards to hospital bag, I'm totally an overplanner also and would have a bag packed already if not for the necessities that can't go in until right then (cell phone chargers/wallet, etc).  I'll probably make a list and start thinking about it soon after the holidays.

My DH and I totally took some card games with us!  I ended up having a quick labor (under 12 hours) but we stayed three full days in the hospital.  We played games because I can't stand just watching TV or surfing my phone for hours on end.

Random for me tonight: I actually managed a real work out!  My sciatica now feels awful, but hey, mentally I'm a bit better, haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kosmo86 hopefully you find out today!

This week is taking so impossibly long. I cannot believe its only Wednesday at 9am. 
  • kosmo86 said:
    So today we are going to one of those gender reveal places to see if we can find out the sex! I am 15.5 so there is a good chance I think. If not the place allows you to come back again for free until they are sure!
    We had ours last Saturday at 16 weeks exactly and within 20 seconds, I was able to tell it was a boy. I think 2 days probably won't matter too much! 
  • professormamaprofessormama member
    edited November 2018
    I don’t know if any of y’all have been experiencing this as much, but I feel like I have really frequent cramping. Not severe, more like those full feeling, uncomfortable but mild cramps you get right before your period. 
    I asked my ob about it this morning at my check up and she said it was 1) normal in early pregnancy. But 2) that second pregnancies are often more uncomfortable, in general, than first pregnancies. Basically all of your muscles and support structures down there are already kind of stretched out. She recommended getting a bellysupport band as the pregnancy progresses. And just stay in touch with them, but also realize that I’m likely to just experience more discomfort in general. 
    So I don’t know if anyone else will find that helpful, but I actually did find it comforting to know that it’s just a normal, crappy symptom. 

(Eta. Oops. Thought I was posting this in symptoms. Oh well)
  • @thatbaintforbetty I’m going to have to ask the doctor and some of my friends what they think of it. Being a FTM I’m terrified of everything! Lol
    @MRDCle
    I kind of thought the same thing. Makes baby put his chin into his chest. I’ll have to do more research.

Another random note: Today I feel like a busted can of biscuits. Or the stay puft marshmallow man. 
  • @izzymarie80 - I feel you on the marshmallow man. I really hate this stage! by prego pants are a little too big and my normal pants are a little too small and I am DYING. I have them unbuttoned and I have a cover thing but I still feel horrible
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Thanks for that @professormama that's comforting.  I figured I've gotten much bigger much faster than last time so it makes sense I'm already this much more uncomfortable.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @professormama YES. This is my fourth pregnancy and I've just come to realize I'm going to have constant RLP, cramps, etc. I also look like I'm 7 months pregnant. My uterus must think it's a carnival tent.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• @professormama yes. I'm like mildly cramping for at least a portion of everyday. Tons of RLP. And @mermaidca I looked at pics of myself 15w pregnant with DS1 vs. 16w with these two and it's not even funny how much huger I am. 
  • @mrdcle I think I'm the same size now (18 weeks) as I was at 24 weeks with the twins! 
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca @MRDCle @BarefootContessa yeah, I'm a lot bigger this time around too - that's obvious from pictures! I just didn't anticipate the frequent cramps and discomfort starting so early. It was comforting to know that was normal, and it does make sense. 
  • @professormama thank you for that! I was cramping pretty much all day yesterday. Definitely not like, stop in your tracks pain. Just super uncomfortable. 
  • Girl, I feel you @ lilpotatomama. I tried to just use my regular razor to shave my lady bits the other day after like, 3 or 4 weeks and 1) I got TIRED doing it and 2) it was probably more than what my poor razor deserved. 
  • Ladies, I cannot function without a soda! Like falling asleep at my desk without it. Here's to a Dr. Pepper a day! :)
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • @BarefootContessa I always bring my own pillow too! And my blanket. It just makes me feel slightly more comfortable in those hospital beds. Both my babies were induced so my laboring time was long (3.5 day induction for DS). 

I’m not worrying about hopistal bags until after the holidays. But I will say I’m a notorious overpacker. I also start packing super early and end up repacking several times.lol I will throw out there to put a note on top of your bag(s) to remember your phone chargers

@professormama yes I have been having those mild period like cramps too. Glad to be reassured that it’s normal. 

@MRDCle you made me lol. Because I totally relate, I get tired just thinking about cleaning up down there 
  • @MRDCle lol! I use a body trimmer, but the battery is constantly dying so it always feels like a race against the clock. 

Ladies, all I want to do is eat. I went to Whole Foods on my lunch break- to just pick up lunch- and walked out with $40 worth of groceries. The Bump app has taken to advertising american cheese slices to me. “Hey marketing, forget about cute baby stuff, this girl wants food.”
  • I’m glad I’m not the only hairy one! I haven’t waxed myself in months. ( well I’ve had a Brazilian). My leg hair is basically a sweater and I’m pretty sure I can braid my underarm hair at this point. I always make time to wax other people but I’m just so lazy to do myself. 
  • @harveyisaboysname I would really love to work regular waxes into our budget, lol. I don't think DH will agree that it's worth it though. He thankfully doesn't particularly care about the length of my body hair.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• edited November 2018
    @professormama:  Thanks for that.  I've been having a ton of pelvic pressure/pain and it's not very fun. :(  At least it's normal and we're all in it together!

@BarefootContessa: LOL @ the circus tent!
  • @MRDCle I honestly think that’s why it took me so long to shave. It was exhausting and it took a ton of work. I only did it because it was a little humid outside and I wanted to wear shorts! 
  • kangstadtkangstadt member
    edited November 2018
    @professormama, don't you just love kids and their (version of) honesty?  :lol:

My kiddo told me the other day that "girls can't drive red trucks."  Pretty sure he just meant because I haven't driven DH's truck yet because it's a beast, and DH jokes that I'm not allowed because I'm a bad driver (pft).  Not sure how that translates to trucks are only for boys *rolls eyes*.
    Pregnancy Ticker