February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms (11/3 & 11/4)

Re: Weekend Randoms (11/3 & 11/4)

• Options
    I've never shaved down there, except for bikini line cleanup in summer. And during pregnancy, I've not shaved my legs for at least three weeks now. Basically I'm also a walking forest, @grebretso.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 same, I pretty much only trim if I know I'm going swimming or to the beach. I tried shaving everything once and I just felt way too naked. As for legs, the last time I shaved them was probably in August? The only thing I keep up regularly is armpits. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso Yup, only the armpits for me right now, too. And that's mainly just because it takes so little effort/time.
  • Options
    It’s 5:07am. We’ve been up for 29 minutes. We ran out of coffee yesterday. Send help. 
  • Options
    grebretso said:
    I mean. If I'm completely honest with myself, that picture represents the state of things every fall/winter. Pregnancy is irrelevant. 
    This. 100%. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits - same here. It’s sad that I was thrilled with DS’s 5 am wakeup (which is 6 am to him) vs yesterday’s 3:45 am party. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    I havent been able to even see my vag for a good 3 weeks so nothings getting done down there. If I cant see it, it doesnt exist right? 
  • Options
    @grebretso lmao I love that picture!  I tried going for a while but it’s personal preference really and tbh and maybe tmi- it (mine) gets smelly  :/

anyway, DH up at 5:30 today not really because of DST but because he’s sick AGAIN.  This horrible hacking cough.  Lord help me - it’ll be another sleepless week and the ped won’t give him anything strong to wipe it out.  I wish I could at least give him Robitussin  :s
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 - oucccccch! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited November 2018
    @notthecheat- Ditto.  At the hospital, the loaded me up with the cold pack pads, regular pads and everything else, including sending me home with far more than I could ever use!

@grebretso- BAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    @grebretso girl, you’re speaking to me, this is my situation every fall and winter as well, and now that I basically can’t see what’s going on down there I care even less! @danixbanani24 I was a Brazilian queen in my 20s but have just gotten lazy! 
  • Options
    I like to keep cleaned up and trim so I am going crazy right now. I can do underarms right now but legs and other is getting sooo hard! I shaved my legs the other day and I still feel like I have razor burn...a friend told me to have DH trim downstairs like she did and I am like bs if he comes anywhere close to me with a razor! 
  • Options
    I prefer to trim in the winter, partly because I’m super hairy naturally and it just gets everywhere if I don’t, but also just because that’s one of the things I tend to get OCD about. But that’s getting harder and harder to pull off and there’s no way I’m letting DH come near me with a razor. The day of reckoning is coming. 
  • Options
    I always shave it all.  Last week might have been the last time... i could hardly reach.  Having said this, i had let it go 2 weeks and couldnt stop itching.. i was like maybe i have crabs.  DH has already been warned he's up to bat this week.  Ive been on pelvic rest since week 20 or something.. at least hell get to touch it for once?? :D:p
  • Options
    If I didn’t shave my legs I would have more leg hair than a lot of the men I know. Already my arm hair attracts comments not infrequently. (Not underarm hair, which I shave, forearm hair.) A guy once said something about my arm hair on a first date. He said it was one of the first things he noticed about me. :neutral:
  • Options
    FFSC- I never do anything downstairs. I can thank my Icelandic genes for the fact I’m not hairy at all. I shave my legs because I can’t stand being prickly when pregnant as my skin is extra sensitive. 

Ive been really down this weekend and don’t really want to get out of bed. I did have a 90 minute prenatal massage yesterday and I’m really sore today. I also had my first puking incident where I peed all over the floor. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    Yes - take everything the hospital has to offer. I had enough of the pads and stuff to get through. I also got another container of witch hazel pads - I didn’t have hemorrhoids but they felt amazing. The name brand was much better than off brand, so don’t skimp on them. 
  • Options
    The human gestation period is too effing long. In 3 weeks, I’ll have 10 weeks left. 

+1 for DST being a big fucking pain. 
  • Options
    sjnsjnsjnsjnsjnsjn member
    edited November 2018
    @cmjenkies- That looks great on you!

i am currently laying on my couch while everyone else naps, trying to talk myself into practicing yoga, but feeling sooo lazy.
  • Options
    You look beautiful @cmjenkies !!! Where is the dress from?
  • Options
    You look amazing, @cmjenkies!!

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    Gorgeous, @cmjenkies

This DST crap is really doing me in. I don't know where I'm going to fit my daily walks into daylight hours. 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies I love that dress! You look great 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies you are gorgeous girl! Rock it!
    nothing like a new dress  :D

at my mother in laws for sunday dinner right now and she decides to tell us she may have shingles and she’s going to the doctor tomorrow.  I never had chicken pox as a kid (but I do think I got the vaccine) sooooooo cool!  :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 SRSLY she couldn’t have mentioned this BEFORE you went over??!!! :#
  • Options
    So stunning @cmjenkies!!
  • Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited November 2018
    @grebretso it may come down to provider preference but I think many will induce after 40 weeks. I think they don’t induce before 39 weeks unless medically necessary. I hope he makes his appearance on the 18th so your mom will be there for the birth and after! 
  • Options
    @cmjenkies you look amazing girlfriend!!! I was wondering how you’ve been doing?! Enjoy the wedding!
  • Options
    That's good to know @allthingsgo! In Norway I don't think they induce anyone until week 42 unless medically necessary, but I don't see why inducing in the 41st week would be an issue. I don't want to give birth on March 6th when my mom leaves the 7th!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Ummm @cmjenkies YOU ARE STUNNING! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    I’m curious, who do you all plan to have in the room while giving birth? I know some people have just husbands/significant others, some have moms, sisters, friends. 

Personally itll just be DH but I’m always curious what others do. I’m worried DH wont make the birth this time around. Ill possibly be admitted at 28 weeks to a hospital an hour and a half away and if I have to have an emergency c section there wont be time to wait for him i don’t thnk... my friend works at the hospital in a different unit so maybe she can be there with me if he cant.. 
  • Options
    lzzfranciscolzzfrancisco member
    edited November 2018
    @grebretso with DD, my OB didn't even want to entertain the idea of induction when I went in for a check up at 40 weeks. He had zero problems with me going to 42 weeks, because medically baby and I were (physically) fine. I would do everything on your power to avoid unnecessary induction, because it can be very traumatic on your body if it's not yet ready for labor, which regretfully can mean it could potentially be traumatic for baby. Hopefully your body and baby will cooperate with your mom's timing!!

ETA- luckily I only went to 40+3
  • Options
    @cali1710 I just want H with me in the delivery room. I want mom to be here so she can see baby when he's brand new, same with IL's and dad (if he can make it here), but anyone besides H will have to wait in the waiting room or come visit after. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Thanks @lzzfrancisco! Yeah I really hope he decides to come either right before his due date or just a couple days later. I don't want to be induced, but I also want mom to have more than a day with her grandson! We'll just have to wait and see, it's pretty rare to go two whole weeks past your due date it seems, so hopefully that won't happen.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso I was induced at 41 weeks, but I was having contractions for 2 weeks prior to that so my body was ready. I think I would have gone naturally if I’d waited a bit longer. My OBs kept saying there was no way I’d make it to the induction *eyeroll* my kid was measuring way ahead though so that may have been why they went at 41 weeks

@cali1710 I only have DH in the room. My mom wanted desperately to be there when DS was born, and still seems to think she would be in the room if she wasnt taking care of DS when this baby comes. I think those first few moments together just with DH and me and baby are the greatest. It’s really important to me that he has some time to get to know baby before anyone else does, you know?