April 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 11/2

Image result for flame gif

DS1 is 7.  DD is 1.  DS2 is coming in late April.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FFFC 11/2

• Options
    My ticker makes me want steak...not exactly flame worthy but that's my confession

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mermaidca I just ordered and ate a $16 pizza on my PTO day today. I fully intend to hide the box before DH gets home. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Have I done this one before? I’ve only read the first Harry Potter book and only read it because it was assigned reading in a college class. I haven’t seen any of the movies. 
  • Options
    I made the kids pizza for lunch yesterday and then ordered pizza for dinner last night. 
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    @MRDCle @mermaidca

I am fully planning on ordering UberEats for lunch (Nashville Chicken Sandwich) and hiding the evidence from Hubs.

• Options
    I am working from home today and decided to meet my husband for lunch. I just got home after a 2 hour break and now I am going to take a nap. 
  • Options
    I had a VERY large sip of my moms wine last night. It tasted like ass but I needed it 
  • Options
    @MRDCle I question our friendship now! ;)

Yesterday, I told DH that we shouldn't spend money. Then I ordered Thai for lunch....
  • Options
    @mrstmoose lol I do that all the time. DH is always bitching at me about it. 
  • Options
    My confession: we just plopped our 4yo in front of video games so DH and I could have a quickie in the shower.  :lol:

Side note... shower sex hurts even more now that there's more blood flow down there or something.  Ouch!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Since we are on a food theme.. I'm having hate chicken for lunch and i cannot wait!
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @mrstmoose @harveyisaboysname we have that “stop saying I can’t spend money then eating lunch out” conversation like once a week.

@kangstadt good work

@thatbaintforbetty is hate chicken like you hate yourself for the amount you’re about to eat?
  • Options
    @lyse01 Lol, nope. It's Chick-fil-a. I am not a fan of the company but the food is just so damn good. And there is one super close to my work.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty Hate chicken! I love it.
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty well then I guess I had hate chicken for lunch too😂
  • Options
    I bought two churros at lunch time for me and the toddler I watch. I put him down for his nap early so I could eat his churro. I might also eat the burrito I bought him for when he wakes up too. He can have leftover pasta from yesterday. I’m fucking hungry. 
  • Options
    Feeling super lame. I’m crying while I’m switching out my closet from all my cute tiny clothes I worked so hard to fit into and hanging up my maternity clothes. Ugh. I worked my ass off to go from a 16 to an 8. Fingers crossed I can get back down post baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @MRDCle I would flame you... but it’s FFFC. 

I’m re-reading the Harry Potter books for the one millionth time right now. 

@thatbaintforbetty I feel the same way every time I eat chick fil a. Delicious shame/guilt

@kangstadt there are very few positions in which I enjoy sex anymore. 
  • Options
    @kyashley1227, you'll get back to it, don't worry!  This is baby #2 for me and I'm stressing about getting back in shape, but I know it just might take more work than last time.  You can do it!

@professormama, that blows.  There are definitely a few that are out now for us too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I have hate chicken at least 2 or 3 times a week! (Hey, lunch options at the mall are limited, and their Cobb salad is soooo good!!)

We just started collecting donations for St Jude at the store I work at, and I secretly judge anyone who won't give at least a dollar. I mean, if you can afford that $40 top for yourself, you can afford to give a dollar to kids with cancer! 
  • Options
    @mermaidca et al: I feel like this chain has uncovered a whole other pregnancy symptom here: food sneaking. DH agreed to watch DD while he was at mass on All Saints' Day so i could get a breather, and instead of reading a book on campus I ran out and ate a $14 poke bowl. I felt bad not only because we had just been talking about saving money, but also because he texted me in the middle of it asking me to get DD for just a couple of minutes in the middle so he could get some peace and quiet. He never does that. I felt so bad texting him I'd given him the slip pff campus, but didn't confess the poke bowl. Oop. 
  • Options
    @TheSouffleGirl, maybe it's our bodies way of preparing us for being parents :lol:.  I've totally hidden in the bathroom to eat a cupcake/chocolate bar/chips that I don't want to share with my toddler....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We just started collecting donations for St Jude at the store I work at, and I secretly judge anyone who won't give at least a dollar. I mean, if you can afford that $40 top for yourself, you can afford to give a dollar to kids with cancer! 
    I used to work Retail and initially had the same feeling.  But there are so many companies out there now that ask for donations that I figure if you’ve already donated once you’re exempt.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I used to work Retail and initially had the same feeling.  But there are so many companies out there now that ask for donations that I figure if you’ve already donated once you’re exempt.
    A lot of people also budget in donating to specific organizations, etc. 
  • Options
    All for food sneaking.... yesterday I ate a sub and 1/2 a bag of Doritos.

I generally NEVER give to a retail asking for donations. I do donate food and toys during Christmas/Thanksgiving but I do pick my own organizations. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    I went to a women's dinner and they tried to get everyone to "empty their change" for a local elementary school that the church supports.  Many of the women at our table judged me (silently but obviously) for not giving.  What they didn't realize is that my job has an annual fundraiser to help local children and families in need.  I'm strapped myself, so I choose one charity around the holidays over others.  It's nothing personal, but there are a lot of resources in our area (all necessary) and I've done the research to contribute to the one I feel more connected with.  I think we need to remember that we all do what we can and have reasons for the choices we make.  Some people are truly assholes, but I don't believe many are.

• Options
    happymoni21happymoni21 member
    edited November 2018
    I am also very critical with what charities I donate to. I try to be a generous as I can within my means but a lot of charities have terrible administrative structures and unreasonable overhead costs. I have worked in not-for-profits so I very much understand that not every penny can go towards the cause but I prefer to do some research, find reputable charities that align with my values and donate in large enough amounts to claim a tax credit (which in turn lets me donate more), as opposed to being put on the spot to give a couple bucks to an organization I haven't looked into.

Edited to add: I also prefer charities with solid Glassdoor ratings. In my experience, some folks in the charity/not-for-profit world use the fact that you are working on an important cause to treat staff poorly (e.g., I was once told that a Director couldn't be held responsible for being kind to staff because she was "too busy thinking of the children.")
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    It's not Friday, but I did just spend an hour online looking at clothes I won't fit into for a year while eating mini Baby Ruths, which I have never liked before.  Bye-bye, productive Quiet Time. I was supposed to be cleaning the house for my parents' visit in a coupla days.

Is it April yet?
  • Options
    @TheSouffleGirl, don't even get me started on house cleaning... I've basically written off any room we don't regularly use as "unmentionable."  So the whole downstairs, haha :lol: .
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt:  We're having a cleaning service give us an estimate for a deep clean on Saturday because I can't deal with our 800-square-foot house right now, LOL.  (FYI because of the other thread - getting it done like once per trimester really helped with my perinatal depression last time around.)
  • Options
    @TheSouffleGirl, it's mostly just an organizational problem for us.  We have a huge house for the three of us, but the downstairs is only partially finished and I have boxes of stuff slowly accumulating from my parents house.  We still need to redo the nursery and I'm waiting for my nesting energy to kick in so we can get that done before any other organizing fixes, haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt:  Yes, the nesting urge!  Also my excuse to never do anything ever right now, because nature will take care of it all later.