February 2019 Moms
Options

November C-Section Support Thread

I figured it was a good time to start up a monthly C-Section support thread. 

Whether you're having a repeat c-section (RCS) this pregnancy or if this will be your first, feel free to post any questions, comments or concerns in this thread. 
T & J 5.9.09
MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
PVM 5.8.12
GWM 3.17.15
RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: November C-Section Support Thread

• Options
    I’m having my third (and final!) c-section with this kiddo. I’ll also be having a tubal while they’re “in there”. 

Im probably more nervous for this one vs. previous ones because a) I guess my uterus was “thin” after my last one (but my old OB never mentioned it so I was sort of blindsided when my new OB casually mentioned it early on this pregnancy) and b) I have an anterior placenta. 

I trust my OB to get it done right but still... the “worst case scenarios” got into my head and I’m working really hard to push them to the back burner and trust my body and my OB. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    My third and final as well with tubal thrown in. This one has me more nervous too. First, it's at a different hospital than my previous 2 (we've moved since the boys were born). I don't have a long term relationship with this OB like I did with my others. She's awesome, just new to me. I literally saw her once for a check up before going back for my first prenatal appointment. 
    But mostly I'm nervous because of what went down with my last c/s. I'm scared the spinal won't be complete and I'll start feeling the surgery again. I don't want to be knocked out for the birth of my last baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    katamcakatamca member
    edited November 2018
    I’m a bit nervous going into this one knowing I’m having a C/S. I was about begging for one after 21 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing with DD, so I know this will be quite different. I’m more worried about the recovery because mine was pretty bad last time. My wound didn’t heal as it was supposed to so I’ve been talking to my OB about what, if anything, we can do to prevent that this time. It took about 6 months to fully heal. I wasn’t doubled over in pain or anything, but it certainly wasn’t ideal. 

@okayestmom12 I also have an anterior placenta. What about that makes you nervous with a C/S? I didn’t have one before so I’ve never read up on it and my OB hasn’t mentioned any potential complications with it so far. 
  • Options
    @katamca - that sounds dreadful! I will say that a scheduled c/s is really much easier to recover from va one that has happened after hours of labor. All of mine have been scheduled and I bounced back super quick from my second - discharged on a Friday and out for lunch on a Sunday. 

As as far as the anterior placenta thing... my OB gave me a briefing on the “worst case scenario complications”, which I do appreciate, but it shook me a bit. Basically if there’s a bleeding issue, there is a small chance that a hysterectomy is needed. But again, it’s absolute worst case scenario. My OB said that they know going I to the section that the placenta is there so they work extra carefully and extra quickly. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19