January 2019 Moms

Weekly Check In: EDD 1/22-1/31 (W/O 10/29)

EDD?

Symptoms?

Upcoming Appointments?

R/R/Q?

GTKY: If you found a genie who offered to give you one of these powers, which would you choose and why?
1) The power to become invisible at will 
2) The power to read minds 
3) Telekinesis

@leighbrek for the GTKY! 
TW

M/C 06/09/2011
DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly Check In: EDD 1/22-1/31 (W/O 10/29)

• 1/30

I'm just f-ing miserable at this point. 

GTT Wednesday followed by a regular OB visit. 

Rant: My job is going to fall apart while I'm on maternity leave. 

GTKY: Invisibility. Although Telekinesis is a close second because #lazyAF
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • I was wondering if I had been missing this thread...

1/23

@ladystout08 I am miserable too... add not being able to breath like normal cause of pregnancy on top of a bad cold and I am not happy.

Appointments: Nov. 5 I have GTT and normal appointment.

RRQ: about to hit third trimester and feeling guilty about taking maternity leave in three months...
    Also my DH just bought me ice cream on Friday and he already ate it... I am pissed off right now. 

GTKY: Telekinesis, maybe it would help when the baby got here.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD? 1/30

Symptoms? Good news, the barfing has slowed! The bottom half digestive distress is also somewhat less (yet still very present. Good times.) Though it sometimes makes me queasy, it's kind of fun to feel baby girl be-bopping around in there :) 

Upcoming Appointments? Nov 5 is our first "intense baby 101" class :) Looking forward to poor DH freaking out about all of that! Nov 6 is therapist appt to work on my anxiety issues. Nov 8 is my GTT (woo hoo). 

R/R/Q? I'm sure there are many, but my brain isn't working today.

GTKY: If you found a genie who offered to give you one of these powers, which would you choose and why?
    Invisibility for sure. Get yourself out of a lot of situations. The way the world seems these days, could be the safest way to operate. And maybe you could help save others? 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• 1/31

Starting to sleep like crap, which I realize I'm probably lucky that it took this long. But maaaan I'm cranky w/o sleep. 

11/13 glucose test & 28 week check. After that we transition to appointments every 2 weeks. AH crunch time.

Raving that my sister just revealed that she's having a boy! She's five weeks behind me and at first I really wanted her to have a girl too, but the more I thought about it the more I was team boy. She makes everything a competition and I so do not want to play that game w/our children. 

GTKY: Telekinesis, because I'm also lazy af and would use it to my monetary advantage so I never had to work again lolol. Honestly I think reading minds would suck, you would just realize how shitty people really are. Because if people actually SAY all the things that have been outlined in "Say what???", imagine what they actually filter out.
  • EDD? 1/26

Symptoms? Joint instability and pain, reflux

Upcoming Appointments? Next Friday I have a growth scan and 28 wk appointment.

R/R/Q? I have 8 hours of mandatory team building tomorrow. Personal version of hell.

1) The power to become invisible at will 
    2) The power to read minds. 
    3) Telekinesis

Telekinesis will always win because 1- don't want to see people picking their nose or farting or whatever they do when they think they are alone, and 2) don't really eant to know what people are thinking 

Im happier just seeing people's polite side, lol. That's hard enough to deal with!
  • EDD
    Jan 23..... 28 weeks on Wednesday, yay!

Symptoms
    Insomnia- I wake up between 3 & 4 am every day, sometimes I can fall back asleep sometimes not- it's awful, and I never experienced this with DD1! 
    Sore hips, sore ankles, sore legs

Upcoming Appointments
    November 16 for regular visit with CNM and my monthly blood draw

R/R/Q
    Rave- offer accepted on a house! Inspection on Thursday and we close on November 30- I feel so much better knowing where we will be living and knowing where DD1 will be going to kindergarten. 

Telekensis; because I can't think of any daily situations where invisibility would help me out; and I do not want to know what people are thinking! 
  • EDD? 1/27

Symptoms?

Heartburn, back pain, cramping after I walk for more than a few minutes 

Upcoming Appointments?

I have one next week. 1 hr Glucose test and an ultrasound to try yet again to see all of baby’s spine. He’s been breech the past 2 appts, so I’m hoping he’s head down now. 

R/R/Q?

Rave: DH’s football season is over after this week, which means he’ll be home a lot more. I’m hoping he’ll take the extra time to finish redoing our bonus room, which means I can finally get started on the nursery. 

Rant: I feel like I need to limit picking up DS. He weighs 32 pounds, and it’s been killing my lower back. Kind of hard when he’s still in the crib and I have to pick him up to so he can get in his car seat. 

Telekinesis. Same reasons as others have started. Thoughts are meant to be private, and I feel like invisibility would have me wanting to do illegal things (i.e. stealing, flying without a ticket, sneaking into a movie). 

Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• pttomatopttomato member
    edited October 2018
    EDD?
    1/24

Symptoms?
    Contractions, congestion, I think everything else is more due to being stuck in bed.

Upcoming Appointments? Everyday? lol. Ultrasound next Tuesday.

R/R/Q? 28 weeks on Thursday!

It's getting harder and harder to suppress my contractions. For some reason my body just really wants me to have contractions every 2-3 minutes. I'm starting to feel less optimistic about making it much past 28 weeks. I was going to be discharged Thursday, but that's been pushed back until at least next week. I need to have at least a couple stable days in a row before it makes sense for me to leave.

Invisability.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Ugh, c'mon @pttomato 's body! Get it together!  At what point will they stop trying to stop them?
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
  • @pttomato ugh I am sorry your release date is getting pushed. 
  • I'm sorry @pttomato - are the contractions painful? I cannot imagine going weeks or days with painful contractions that frequent.
  • I’m so sorry @pttomato, and I hope things calm down soon.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• I'm sorry @pttomato - are the contractions painful? I cannot imagine going weeks or days with painful contractions that frequent.
    They aren't painful fortunately which we hope is a good sign they aren't doing anything despite being regular and frequent. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @pttomato sorry to hear that, i really feel for you and your family and everything you are going through.

But im also so glad that you are 28 weeks tomorrow!!! That is fantastic. I remember reading your post weeks ago, and since we have almost the same due date, feeling like 28 weeks was eons away!  
  • EDD? 1/27

Symptoms? Its getting harder to do everything. My belly is huge! Im having a good week when it comes to pregnancy symptoms though, most of my unpleasantries seem to have subsided. Ive had really nasty sinus infection for the past week, but its finally getting better.

Upcoming Appointments? I had my glucose test on 10/19. My reading was only 74.. which seems low, but my doc never said anything so im assuming its fine. Ive had a really low reading (like 40) during regular annual bloodwork, but again nobody said anything.  I go in 11/9 for an ultrasound and tdap to see if my placenta has moved up. Ill ask about my glucose results then.

R/R/Q? My husband decided to go on a diet two weeks ago and has lost over 10lbs. Dick.

GTKY: If you found a genie who offered to give you one of these powers, which would you choose and why? I think invisibility! Wouldnt mind disappearing while at work so nobody would bother me 😆
  • EDD? 1/22

Symptoms? Insomnia and nausea are both cranked way up. Heartburn/reflux. So sore like everywhere but especially in the lower back and pelvis.

Upcoming Appointments?  Tomorrow! I know I get my Tdap, and I’m not sure what else is in store for me.

R/R/Q? Just excited to be in third tri! Also I’ve done basically nothing to prepare for baby, and that probably needs to change soon. 😂

GTKY: Telekinesis - I thought a lot about this :lol: hence why it took me so long to respond. I settled on telekinesis for impending nap jails alone.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019