June 2019 Moms

Group 1 Check-In (June1-8) W/O 10/29

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? (Stole from Group 3)

Re: Group 1 Check-In (June1-8) W/O 10/29

• Loading the player...
  • @wearyfuzzball I’m sorry to hear about your MS misery. I’m right there with you. I know that probably doesn’t make you feel any better, but I know what you’re going through and I understand the tears. I wish none of us had to go through this! I just try to take it one day at a time and don’t beat yourself up about feeling miserable. We can get through this! 
  • @chrssyms I totally agree that I wish this wasn't a part of pregnancy. I've been handling the other symptoms OK, but the MS is viscous. And then I think of the ladies who are feeling 100x worse than me and start beating myself up even more for not being stronger. I hope you get to feeling better soon as well ❤
  • Due date/W+D: 9+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Cherry

Any appointments? Questions?: My next appointment isn't until 11/21 for a NIPT and ultrasound. 

Rants/Raves?: My mom watches DS for us and she's going out of two for three days so I'm taking Wednesday off to stay home with him and I'm excited for a random day off in the middle of the week. 

Rave #2: I'm meeting up with my college roommates this weekend in our college town. I'm excited. We haven't all been together at one time for a little over a year now. Now just hoping I feel good enough to enjoy it. 

How are you feeling?: Ehh, still kind of nausea but it's starting to back off. Tired all the time. 

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? (Stole from Group 3) I'm a lame mom and didn't dress up DS (1.5 years) or take him trick or treating this year. He doesn't know the difference and it's cold. So pass. And we live in the country so we don't get any trick or treaters anyways. 

• @eleven_ welcome! 

Due date/W+D: June 7/8+3 (for now)

Baby is the size of a(n): piece of popcorn

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appt is a week from tomorrow, which is when they might shift my due date (the U/S tech thought it should be about 4-5 days later). I'm hoping it stays where it is at so I can get the genetic testing done before Thanksgiving, when we are hoping to be able to start telling the rest of the family. If the due date gets pushed back, it's going to be really hard to get the testing done in time, since I'm traveling for work for the week and a half leading up to the holiday.

Rants/Raves?: Rave: I can finally eat something other than apples, guys! It's like the greatest gift ever to be able to eat carbs and proteins again.

How are you feeling?: pretty decent, as long as I eat precisely every 2.5 hours. Still serious food aversions, but at least I can eat some non-apples. 

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? The fur baby and I will be sitting on our stoop handing out candy while dressed as spiders. DH isn't really into Halloween, so I usually have one of my single friends come hang out with me. 

• Due date/W+D:  June 5th/8+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Gummy bear (yes I just copied a due date buddy, I have no idea)

Any appointments? Questions?: Last week was the ultrasound and next week is blood draw.

Rants/Raves?: Rant: I'm so tired and feel guilty for just kind of slacking off on all fronts: work, mom, wife, friend. H is kind of stepping up but not without grumbling a bit. Then he will say oh you lay down when I'm doing X but then he doesn't do X, X still needs to be done. Stop patting yourself on the back, nothing was done. So, I'm a bit ragey lately too.  Also, just feeling a bit fat.  I started out with a bigger pooch and am having a hard time accepting how I look. Rave: Since my u/s I've been a lot less anxious. 

How are you feeling?: Posted in symptoms too. Only really nauseous when I'm hungry and I snack a lot now so that stays manageable. I am so so so tired. It's been a vicious cycle, I'm tired so I do less and since I'm not active I'm more tired. My body aches a bit, sometimes a lot. I am also quite gassy and have frequent gas pain. Mentally: less anxious than before the u/s but still enough my ob gave me a referral to someone who specializes in pregnancy. A lot of my anxiety has come out as being mad at MH. It's hard to sort through what is justified. 

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? (Stole from Group 3) 

My son is a cow and we were supposed to be Old MacDonald but never bought anything.  My condo complex has a parade and a pizza party at the clubhouse. 

• Due date/W+D: June 4, 8+6

Baby is the size of a(n): popcorn

Any appointments? Questions?: nothing this week. 

Rants/Raves?: Ugh, Monday.....but at least BF is slowly starting to figure out that I will not be super productive on the weekend. He only made one stupid comment about me just laying on the couch all day. 

How are you feeling?: Still exhausted. No food sounds good and everything I eat makes my stomach hurt. I wake up ten times a night. Basically ready for second trimester to start. 

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? (Stole from Group 3) No Halloween plans over here. We both work until late evening so trick or treating will be over. 

• Due date/W+D: 6/8

Baby is the size of a(n): wild strawberry

Any appointments? Questions?: None this week. My "intake" appointment with the nurse is the 8th, but my first "real" appointment with the midwife isn't until the 16th.

Rants/Raves?:  Rant: It's so hard not telling my coworkers I'm pregnant! My upcoming appointments are at really inconvenient times of day (and it's over a 30 minute drive one-way from my office) so I'm going to have to take huge chunks of time off and making excuses is getting hard. Rave: My wife made me mac & cheese for dinner, and it was delicious (although completely unhealthy). But, it was really nice not having to cook!

How are you feeling?:  Exhausted. Making it through a full work day is getting harder and harder; I crash as soon as I get home. Nausea is relatively infrequent, but I get really lightheaded whenever it does hit.

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? (Stole from Group 3) We just stay home and hand out candy to trick or treaters. I actually really enjoy seeing all the kids' costumes each year!

• @ellem29 that's one of the reasons I told my boss and office mate. I hate lying (even though they would totally understand) about why I need time off. Plus, God forbid something happen to me during the day, they can advocate in an emergency that I'm pregnant. You don't have to keep it a secret, if you feel you want to tell them, then do! I'm sure they will be excited!
  • @ellem29 I second what @prpl11butterfly said. I told my boss and co-workers last week even though it’s still earlier than I wanted. My work environment has potential to be dangerous and there are certain duties that I didn’t feel comfortable handling anymore so I felt it was best to be upfront. Not to mention, I have been really struggling with energy and productivity so now they know to cut me some slack. 
  • Due date/W+D: June 1st/9 w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): green olive 

Any appointments? Questions?: I met my OB last week and she seemed nice. I’m doing NIPT on Nov 5th and will find out the gender then too... well a few business days later (yay!- anyone else doing NIPT? A certain portion of it is covered here in Canada but I’m paying for an extended version) A question- my roots are horrrrrrrible: think dark brown roots with super blonde hair . I’ve been waiting as long as I can to do something but I look really trashy and unprofessional at work. I’m thinking about putting in a few lowlights- far away from my scalp. Has anyone else used anything in their hair in the first tri? I forgot to ask my OB about this.

Rants/Raves?: I hate food. (Something I never thought I’d feel/say) I feel so bad for my husband because he keeps getting yelled at when he asks what I want for dinner. 

How are you feeling?: 🤢

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? No kids yet so not dressing up. But my 18 month old nieces (twins) are going as unicorns and I can’t wait to see them trick or treat!!!!

• srscott3srscott3 member
    edited October 2018
    @mcbabyjune2019 My OB said that only small amounts of hair dye are actually absorbed by the skin and there’s very little chance of harm to the baby. Also, these days, semi-permanent and even permanent dyes are not highly toxic like they used to be. She just advised making sure to be somewhere well ventilated (more concerned about the fumes). I just go to the salon and let my hair dresser know I’m pregnant. She sometimes turns a fan on for me and I never smell a thing. 
  • nmbrcrnchr1nmbrcrnchr1 member
    edited October 2018
    @eleven_ yay! Welcome to group 1 😁 and hope everything goes well at the new dr tomorrow! 

+1 to telling work early, well my supervisor is the only one that knows. Makes it easier with the extra appointments or if I don’t feel well.

@mcbabyjune2019  I got my hair dyed last week. I’ve read, and confirmed with my dr during my first pregnancy, that it’s more the fumes of hair dye that is dangerous than anything so as long as the salon is well ventilated it should be safe. 

• Due date/W+D: 9 weeks 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): blackberry

Any appointments? Questions?: nuchal translucency ultrasound on nov 19. A bit nervous about results due to my age (34 going on 35)

Rants/Raves?: rant - up until today i only had mild nausea during weeks 6 and 7. Combated it by eating but today was puking. Not fun. Raves - we are getting close to telling our friends! Our bosses and some family already know.

How are you feeling?: aside from today just tired in evening after work.

GTKY: not dressing up but will be handing out candy with DH

• Due date/W+D: 8w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): a canapé? 

Any appointments? Questions?: NT bloods on the 12th, scan on the 26th and next OB appointment on the 29th. I had to meet with the work doctor today to develop a “rework plan” and was told company policy is to see him every 4 weeks, which both of us think is a bit excessive considering I see my OB this often as well 😒 

Rants/Raves?: rant: I’m getting pretty sick of everyone asking me if we’re going to find out the sex and what parties we plan on having! This includes my mum, Nanna and all medical personnel I’ve had appointments with that I have to disclose this information to. Butt out!! 😩 no raves at the moment.

How are you feeling?: tired and sick, though I feel like I’m more nauseous when I’m sleep deprived, but finding it so hard to sleep because I need to pee ALL THE TIME! 

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? (Stole from Group 3) we’re not doing Halloween this year. I feel blergh and my partner works 2 hours away so no parties for us. 

• mackororimackorori member
    edited October 2018

Due date/W+D: June 5th, 8+6

Any appointments? Questions?: US tomorrow, my RE does them weekly given prior MC, which is a super helpful piece of mind.

Rants/Raves?: Rave - I work remotely so can avoid telling coworkers, but I told my supervisor and he’s been so great checking on me each week and being excited when I tell him it was good. He knew we were going through IVF and has been super supportive of the emotional drain that was on me this year. Being older and a senior level consultant I’m curious what people will say around the office and I just hope his reaction is more the norm rather than having to deal with judgey people who couldn’t possibly understand my life choices.

How are you feeling?: Achey, occasional headaches and mild nausea. I had an all day meeting yesterday and happy hour after..I was so tired, it felt worse then if I had loaded up on booze at the happy hour.

I’m not into Halloween and dressing up, but love it for the kids. We don’t get a ton of them, but we cook dinner and hand out candy. It’s fun to see them come around.

• Due date/W+D: June 3, 9w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Maltesers candy :p

Any appointments? Questions? Genetics and CVS next Wednesday. If we get normal CVS results, I'll be much more comfortable about announcing.  I do have a question: what are the chances we'll all be feeling better by 10-11-12 weeks? Does anyone have a good website with statistics on nausea and exhaustion?

Rants/Raves?:  I've finally gotten a few nights where I've slept more than 3 hours in a row and I feel better. My nausea is a bit more manageable

How are you feeling?:  Basically like everyone above. Tired, including from going to pee all night, pukey, not hungry for anything but needing to eat all the time (and gaining weight big time), etc. etc.

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? (Stole from Group 3)  My kid is dressing up as an owl for the preschool party. My husband might take him out trick and treating for an hour, but I'm not sure. I don't think I'll be up for it.

• prpl11butterfly and @TJtheGoat - I had wanted to wait until after the NIPT before telling work folks (because I'm a highly paranoid person), but I might cave and let my cubicle-neighbor know soon. On top of needing to take time off for my next couple appointments, I feel like she's worried about me b/c of the fatigue & a moment yesterday where I couldn't hide my nausea. At this point, I feel like its cruel to make her think I have something seriously wrong with me. Also, I'm a terrible liar, so this is getting hard.

I'm in an odd position right now where I don't have a direct supervisor (mine left about a month ago and they're still looking for a replacement), so I've been reporting up to the CEO of my division. Definitely not ready to tell her yet! But luckily she doesn't really have much insight into our comings and goings (isn't located anywhere near my work area), so as long as I make sure to get everything done on time, I can kind of fudge *when* I worked my 8 hours. As long as no one else mentions anything to her, I should be fine.

In the long term, I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to contact HR before telling her or the other way around? I'm also super nervous about what's going to happen when they finally hire someone new to be my manager - hoping its someone who will be cool/relaxed about me needing to take some time/have a more flexible schedule, but it's hard to predict.
  • mackorori said:

Due date/W+D: June 5th, 8+6

Any appointments? Questions?: US tomorrow, my RE does them weekly given prior MC, which is a super helpful piece of mind.

Rants/Raves?: Rave - I work remotely so can avoid telling coworkers, but I told my supervisor and he’s been so great checking on me each week and being excited when I tell him it was good. He knew we were going through IVF and has been super supportive of the emotional drain that was on me this year. Being older and a senior level consultant I’m curious what people will say around the office and I just hope his reaction is more the norm rather than having to deal with judgey people who couldn’t possibly understand my life choices.

How are you feeling?: Achey, occasional headaches and mild nausea. I had an all day meeting yesterday and happy hour after..I was so tired, it felt worse then if I had loaded up on booze at the happy hour.

I’m not into Halloween and dressing up, but love it for the kids. We don’t get a ton of them, but we cook dinner and hand out candy. It’s fun to see them come around.

I would hope that your coworkers would be supportive. One of my coworkers did IVF twice for their two little boys and she was in her late 30s for number 1 and almost 40 for number 2. I think its so much more common to wait now and your age and the way you needed to conceive is no ones damn concern. I am 34 and we didnt tell anyone we were going off the pill except our doctor. I told my husband I didnt want to call it "trying" to have a baby it was more like stopping the prevention and seeing what happened. I think there is so much pressure around the expectation about having kids... its sad really for the people who struggle to have and those that dont want or dont feel the time is right. 
  • @canuckbaby thanks, I really hope they are supportive too, though I’m sure most suspect we just are not having children since I’m 42 now. In general I feel like most people will be great, but I heard through the grapevine some comments made about a woman that interviewed recently along the lines of “how she will succeed with getting started in this job if they are trying to have kids now”. I don’t know who said it and I want to smack them, are we in the 1950s? If I ever find out who it is they are getting a piece of my mind!
  • @mackorori thats awful! And discriminatory. .. 
  • @TJtheGoat lol a potato that cries. We already decided we want to know for ourselves but not tell anyone. I dont want a baby shower until the kid comes and my husband is already down with piercing her ears early on if its a girl. I think hes on team i hope its a girl so he can dress her up - both girlie and boyish.... then yesterday he pointed out but then girls want DOLLS lol. Somehow that was a drawback. My kid is also going to be mixed and have always had comments about how "someday when you guys have kids they are going to be so cute". Maybe my kid will be ugly. No one knows till its here. I am also not down for creepy 3 d ultrasounds. I dont need to know that badly what it will look like.
  • r_kr_k member
    edited October 2018

Due date/W+D: June 6th / 8w+5d

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry (or as the US tech said today, a half shelled peanut)

Any appointments? Questions?:  had my first appt today and saw the precious heartbeat!  so neat!  next appt is in 4 weeks on 11/27

Rants/Raves?: lots of cramps which today discovered i have a small uterine tear which dr said is very normal in the first trimester and should resolve itself on its own but would explain all the cramps.  EXHAUSTED!  and have had a lot of headaches... probably from cutting back on caffeine lol.  RAVES - have to give a shout out to my hubby who has really tried hard this past week to be super supportive - just so sweet :)

How are you feeling?:   same as above!

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? (Stole from Group 3) - no kiddos for us yet... and we aren't dressing up this year bc we are going to make the rounds and tell our families tomorrow about our little pumpkin now that we got the good news today at our appointment!  Happy Halloween, everyone!

• @TJtheGoat my buddies had a gender reveal but they’re both on the “let the child choose their identity” team so it was a cake that had purple icing inside it and the mama cheered “YES IT’S HUMAN!” And the dad pouted and said “I WANTED A T-REX!”
  • @battleangel thats pretty funny. 
  • Due date/W+D: 6/7/19 - 8+5

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear! Yum 

Any appointments? Questions?: nothing this week. Not until the 16th for.... something. They’re starting to run together and I just STARTED this journey!

Rants/Raves?: we told my parents and his and a few friends, and my mom is trying to dress me as her own “mom to be” Barbie. I don’t WANT maternity pants right now. I want to keep wearing my jeans (soft and stretchy! I was already a big gal) as long as I can before I get the panel pants, and her tastes and mine are about a million miles apart anyway. She’s pressuring me to tell everyone else in the family before I want to. It doesn’t even feel like my pregnancy where she’s concerned

How are you feeling?: in spite of the above, okay. Smells have been killer for me. My city has a lot of homeless people that travel on the train lines I usually use, and they don’t have ready access to showers so it’s tough for me to get places on my own without encountering a lot of rough smells.  

DH and I aren’t dressing up, and if we do we’ll do an easy costume like wearing a jersey and roller blades and being a hockey player. 

• @chrssyms i am insisting on having a party to tell our friends that we are pregnant with an ice cream cake. I am planning to get the biggest one available in hopes of leftovers and i am requesting extra fudge and cookie crumble lol
  • @chrssyms @canuckbaby same! I LOVE cake (especially ice cream cake) so i definitely plan on doing a small gender reveal with my close family... and a large cake.
  • @chrssyms we wont do a gender reveal since we will find out for ourselves but i am sure i can talk my husband into a DQ log cake for the occasion
  • @chrssyms haha, I love your dedication to cake! I think I will do the same, just a cake for the family to find out together :)

Due date/W+D: June 7th, 8+5

Baby is the size of a(n): gummy bear :)

Any appointments? Questions?: Had first US last week, where I got to see the heartbeat! I was ecstatic, because last time was a MMC so I didn't get to see it. Next appt is 11/13 where I'll have my first appt with the OB. Question:  there are several genetic tests offered, which ones are you taking and why? I know the blood tests and NT US are pretty standard, but there are a few that may not be covered by insurance like NIPT and SMA. Trying to navigate through all the testing! 

Rants/Raves?: Rant -- I have a coworker who has been making a lot of unprompted negative comments to me about "minorities" as he likes to call us. I work at a small business and we don't have an official HR dept..so I may need to talk to him myself in order to explain how his comments make me uncomfortable. I realize the political landscape is very charged right now and people have the right to their opinions, but I don't think they should be allowed to make others feel uncomfortable in the workplace. Hoping to spread love and understanding into the world for the sake of our childrens futures!

How are you feeling?: Better! Nausea is a lot less as long as I snack throughout the day. I have been taking a folic acid tablet instead of the full prenatal vitamin which was making me throw up.

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? Just going to hand out candy as usual and admire all the adorable costumes! :)

• Actually, I see there is a NT/NIPT thread with a chart! I'll check it out there :)
  • Due date/W+D: Was moved to 5/31 yesterday....original was 6/2 so I'm calling it 6/1 now 9w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): southern pecan

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my first appointment with my midwife yesterday. Blood worked showed I am just slightly anemic (6.5, normal range ends at 7.0). She said not to worry about iron just yet, just try to eat iron rich foods and she'll recheck at 28 weeks. I'm not surprised...due to what was all day nausea the last 7 weeks or so I haven't eaten much red meat or veggies. Chicken is what I can stomach

Rants/Raves?: nothing really

How are you feeling?: exhausted all.the.time

GTKY: What are you/SO/kids dressing up as for Halloween and what are your plans? My husband and I aren't dressing up, save for my jack-o-lantern sweater I'm wearing. Our 4 year old is dressing up as a police officer "just like Daddy" (husband is a deputy) 

BabyFruit Ticker