DS 05/29/2013
M/C 02/14/2017 
M/C 06/05/2017 
C/P 03/01/2018
BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/29

• Options
    I had to call in sick. I have a bad cold and woke up too many times last night to count. Needless to say when I woke up this morning I knew I hit hopefully the crappiest day of this cold. I hated calling in because I knew I was on interview committee all day plus had other things I needed to work on. But I figured coughing all over potential hires wasn’t the best idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Has anyone watched the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix?! I may or may not have started & finished the entire season this weekend, then had the weirdest dreams last night. It's creepy, but not too scary. (But apparently too scary for me because I'm a baby sleeping alone and SO was out of town this weekend.) Definitely good Halloween binge material. 
  • Options
    @kianarain I need to add it to my watch list
  • Options
    @leighbrek it definitely picks up! The first episode was mostly just setting the table. But there's definitely a teen-angst undertone throughout the series lol
  • Options
    @saltedcaramel518 But... Facebook posts are forever, so maybe good to tell a sweet fib for baby to potentially find later. lol
  • Options
    @saltedcaramel518 couldn’t agree more. The first month with DD was far from magical...no sleep, struggles with BF. I remember crying to DH that I wanted my “old life” back. Once we were all sleeping more things got better. 
  • Options
    @bradleysmommy28 you'd better knock on wood! lol 

I just realized we're 90 days out from my due date and I'm kind of panicking but no idea why. We've done this before and she really doesn't need much in the beginning so..... lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Whenever I see someone post their baby’s one month photo on social media with the caption “It has been the best month of our lives!” I can’t help but think they are LYING. Having a child is an amazing thing, no doubt, but the first month of DS’s life was far from being the best month ever. :D Newborns are hard. 
    I actually really enjoyed DD’s first months. She was so portable and would fall asleep on her own, I think that was her easiest age. After the first month she fought sleep as hard as she could.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @ladystout08 oh, i totally did knock on wood!!
  • Options
    pttomato said:
    Whenever I see someone post their baby’s one month photo on social media with the caption “It has been the best month of our lives!” I can’t help but think they are LYING. Having a child is an amazing thing, no doubt, but the first month of DS’s life was far from being the best month ever. :D Newborns are hard. 
    I actually really enjoyed DD’s first months. She was so portable and would fall asleep on her own, I think that was her easiest age. After the first month she fought sleep as hard as she could.
    I legit don't remember the first month of my sons life. I was dealing with PPD, a two year old, and a newborn. I was on autopilot and I don't remember anything. I remember if something pops up on FB vaguely but I was living in a blur. I remember the hospital. Leaving the hospital. Pictures at 3 weeks. A vacation at 5 weeks. That's it. Day to day there is nothing there. So I tend to think people are lying too when they say that. 

Going from 1 to 2 was the hardest thing I've ever done regarding my kids aside from my losses.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Good and bad things at work this week, but mainly I just want a start date for my new job! Being in limbo (accepted the job, waiting on HR for start date) is the worst!
  • Options
    I enjoyed the first month! The recovery from birth was the hardest part, but I wasn't even that sleep deprived yet - I feel like that didn't hit me until going into the second month both times (which is exactly what my mom told me would happen). Basically newborns eat and sleep and you change their diaper every few hours. When DH and I brought home DD (our first) from the hospital the very first day, she basically just slept the whole time except for feedings so we rented movies and ordered pizza and lounged around like we did pre-baby. It was the oddest feeling. I feel like it's not a huge undertaking until you have to worry about a nap schedule, meals, daycare, working, etc....the first few months I found very chill and I mostly did whatever I wanted and just dragged baby around with me.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    Last week was a 50 hour week and DH was out of town for work three days. This week is already shaping up to be a 50 hour week as well and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by the amount we have to do before DS2 gets here. Like purging a bunch of stuff. So of course that's what I thought of this morning at 4:30.
    Then I work 12 hours, get home and get the kids in bed, do the laundry, clean up in the kitchen and livingroom, picked up in my room and finally ate dinner. Its 9 and I feel like it should be midnight. 
    Oh and DH went to dinner with some colleagues so he hasn't been home yet. My kids watched Netflix on my phone and colored on my whiteboard at work while I worked for an hour. I'm so so tired. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @AliKay20 your breakfast an outfit sounds like a dream!  I’m jealous!  I’m working from home Thursday and now I want to stock up for a special breakfast (assuming my 3-hr results come back ok)!
  • Options
    @leighbrek can you return some of the newborn clothes?  I returned almost everything my mil got us for a credit to use at Carter's later. I'll do that as much as I can after my shower as well.  

I realized this week because of the way the holidays fall i've had some of my last staff meetings. Although i've been waiting for this day for years it's bittersweet, i've worked at this company for 12 years and I know im not coming back. Without this job I wouldn't have been able to do ivf in the first place because the insurance had been amazing. 
  • Options
    @ersh1010 I wish! The only people who gave us gift receipts were people who got us stuff from the registry! lol
  • Options
    @AliKay20, I work in sales so the end of month is insane. I was here 12 hours yesterday because of normal end of month and a few interviews. Today I have to train a new hire so I'm not optimistic about getting out of here at a decent time. 
    I still have to make my costume tonight too and the kids desperately want to carve their pumpkins. I just don't know how I am going to do it all. 

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I've noticed from my registry stalking that my SIL has been SUPER generous and bought me multiple splurge items. I'm hoping that it's a joint gift with my other SIL but it's honestly still too much money to spend (She bought the Stokke Tripp Tripp Chair and a Cuddle and Kind doll which together are over $300). Now I feel like awkward and like I need to step it up on a gift for her son who is turning 2 the week after my shower but he already has soooo many toys. What do you get the toddler who has everything??
  • Options
    @kaf1788 what about an experience? Like a membership to a museum or aquarium? They are usually tax deductible gifts as well. I got my nephew an art class gift certificate last year.
    @leighbrek I would try to return the clothes anyway for credit, some stores may surprise you and take them back anyways. Most of the time you can tell where they are from ie cat and jack are target etc. 
  • Options
    @ersh1010 Thanka! I'll look into it. Luckily we don't have Target anymore, so that's one less possibility! Hahaha
  • Options
    I can no longer, comfortably, reach the kitchen sink or bathroom sink faucets. My belly gets in the way. I have to kinda hunch over and extend my arms to get underneath either faucet. I remember getting to this point with DS and thinking, "ok, I'm done." Lol! 
  • Options
    Got my flu and tdap shots today. Both my arms are sore. 😕
  • Options
    @CoastieGirl79 I had that thought today that my belly was uncomfortably bumping into the counter and it was harder to wash my hands. How do I still have a couple more months of growing to do???
  • Options
    @mrsmang only two more months to go!
  • Options
    @kaf1788 my parents got a Koala Crate subscription for my daughter's birthday and it was awesome. I highly recommend it if it seems like he doesn't need another toy.
  • Options
    @CoastieGirl79 today I turned quickly in my bathroom and rammed my belly into the door frame :D It's like where did this come from?

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @AliKay20 I sobbed to Coco 2 nights ago. But SO cried too so I don't feel that bad :joy: I'm so not usually a movie crier though
  • Options
    @AliKay20 I cried many times watching The Post yesterday, which... why?! 
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    @kianarain we did that last weekend and it sent us into a panic! Having a baby a week after Christmas was a dumb idea on my part lol
  • Options
    Welp that was a bummer... we bought tons of candy thinking we'd have a million trick or treaters... noooope maybe 5. We have two bags of the 400 count minis.