May 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms Week of 10/28

Re: Symptoms Week of 10/28

• Options
    @psychobutthead I have those ass pains every single pregnancy, super early to about half way through second tri. It sucks! I have some weird genetic thing where my tendons are more flexible than the average persons, so that’s why they start so early I think. I had to do yoga and chiropractor with my daughter because I could barely walk it was so annoying and painful. Prenatal yoga felt amazing when stretching the area.  
  • Options
    @fatmonica I didn't know zantac was allowed. I took some rolaids and it helped a bit, but sleeping propped up definitely helped me overnight. I'm hoping that my heartburn was a one-off, but if it's not I may have to try zantac. Sorry it's not working for you.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thebobloblaw oh oh oh! Is it Ehlers-Danlos syndrome????
    <the nerd in me is showing>

• Options
    @lovelybabybumpz Zantac150 is safe, I took it twice a day from 21 weeks through the end of my pregnancy for the heartburn

i threw up today for the first time and am currently waiting at social security for something and I need my turn to be soon because I need to throw up again and I’d prefer not to here. There is a private restroom but I’m pretty sure people would hear!

• Options
    @thebobloblaw oh oh oh! Is it Ehlers-Danlos syndrome????
    <the nerd in me is showing>
    Hahaha, I honestly can’t remember what it’s called... I’d have to go find my report from the rheumatologist. It was called something weird, and more weird that he’s the first doctor that cared to tell me this. I just thought I was freakishly double jointed. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @thebobloblaw Ooooo shucks. Now I can't congratulate myself on being a nerd.  Lol. 

@DuchessOfCambridge doesn't the SS office let you skip ahead if you are pregnant,  disabled,  or a senior? Or is that only at the DMV? 

• Options
    @mrskoz428 I felt baby move on the early side even with my first, although I can’t remember exactly when. I think being thin/petite makes a big difference in how soon you feel quickening. I know for me, it felt like a little goldfish swimming around inside me and brushing against my organs, lol. 
    @kaycald Do you think it’s Braxton Hicks? I’ve been feeling those for a few weeks now, waaay earlier than I’ve felt with previous pregnancies. When it happens a lot I try to drink a couple big glasses of water and put my feet up for a while if I can.
  • Options
    Damn @expandcontract your DMV must be nice. There's no skipping at ours, but you can check in online ahead of time and they text you when it's almost your turn. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @sleepy33 oooo must be an Illinois thing,  then.  

• Options
    @siouxieq87 Thanks so much for replying! Can that happen this early? I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. There wasn't any cramping but just a very uncomfortable hard, tight feeling in my stomach around my belly button that lasted all day until I laid down.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Those of you with heartburn already is there anyway that you can prop up the heqd of your bed by a few inches? That was always a recommendation for me with my heartburn issues and it helps a lot. You don't even notice it when sleeping either.
  • Options
    @expandcontract they didn't give me that option but turns out I went there for no reason and was able to resolve what I needed to do online through a different gov thing. Ugh. Waste of time.

• Options
    DS just woke up from his nap (he gave me a good long one!) but I'm so nauseous I don't want to move. He's not crying yet soooo.

• Options
    For those with heartburn, elevated my head for sleeping never helped me, but I always lay on my left side when I have it and that helps me be much more comfortable and actually able to sleep. 
  • Options
    soo thankful that DH and I just bought a sleep number bed with the separated adjustable head portions! I can sleep on "snore mode" (like 4 inches raised" and it's soooo comfortable. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @kbeers13 DH and I are thinking about one of those sleep number beds. Is it worth the extra money! I’ve only ever bought cheap beds, but he’s a snorer so if it could help that it would be worth it to me.
  • Options
    @kbeers13 I love my serta memory foam but the snore setting would be life changing for DH's snoring. I will likely look into it when we're due to upgrade. We both bought our beds when we were 22 and first move out of our parents house so those are the two we still have (ours and the guest room).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I think I’m at the start of leg cramps. When I was pregnant with my daughter I had the most excruciating leg cramps every morning. This morning I woke up and stretched and felt everything tightening in my calves. I was hoping it wouldn’t happen again 😭😭
  • Options
    I have a Tempur-Pedic and LOVE it!
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited October 2018
    @thebobloblaw check with your provider to see if you can take magnesium for the leg cramps. I started taking 1000mg/day about 1 year ago to help with restless leg and its really worked well for me (it's actually 1000mg of magnesium and 500mg of calcium). I've heard that magnesium is one of the things that can really get depleted during pregnancy, so it might be that. My NP suggested I try it, and my midwife has kept me on it. It does add 3 more horse sized pills to take each day, but I feel like my daily vitamins are already out of control, so what's 3 more? 
  • Options
    @knarlytaurus I will bring that up, thank you! I would easily trade more pills for leg cramps any day!
  • Options
    mcewen3mcewen3 member
    edited October 2018
    Busy researching all the new stuff that has come available since I had my older babies.  I am so intrigued by this Haakaa silicone breast pump.  The other one I've come across is the Willow Pump.  Has anyone tried it?  It's not cheap, and I really don't know if it would be worth it in my own situation, but dang that thing seems to solve so many of the pumping struggles I have heard mamas complain about in the past.  I'd love to hear if it really works the way they say it should.

ETA: I'm moving this to Randoms, where it belongs ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @mcewen3 I think it might be haakaa I've heard is great for catching milk from whichever breast you aren't feeding from at that time. That Willow pump looks amazing. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds just realized I posted in symptoms, not randoms when you tagged me, oops 😳  But yes, the Haakaa I've heard works best for catching letdown, but and Insta influencer that I follow (plus other online reviewers) have raved that they get a pretty good haul over the course of one feed.  I've only ever nursed my kids on one breast per session, so if I could use that to catch 2-3 oz. each feed I would build up quite the back-up stash for date nights or a mama's day out.  As a SAHM I don't think I could justify the Willow, since I don't need to be able to pump often or a lot, but if I worked outside of the home I would be all over that.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @kbeers13 we have an adjustable base for our bed & we never keep it flat haha

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @mcewen3 I don’t know anything about the willow but I looooved the haakaa with DS. I used it for quick relief if I needed manual expression but not full pump and I would stick it on the other side while he nursed. It was great. I bought some knockoff version on amazon

• Options
    knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited October 2018
    I had been considering getting a willow in addition to my pump from insurance. We have a bunch of $$ left in our FSA, which is the only way I could justify the cost! Our insurance covers a Spectra pump which I've heard awesome things about, but they won't cover the battery powered one. While most of the time I'd be pumping indoors, there will be times when I'm on the road/pumping on the side of a road once the LO comes along. Has anyone used the spectra before? 
  • Options
    @kvh22 @chloe97 so first I must say, I don't work for sleep number and I don't get paid to sing their praises 😆 DH and I will be life long customers. DH likes his bed soft and I like my side firm so whenever we got a bed, one of us would be unhappy or we'd find out a year later that we both were disappointed with the bed and not sleeping well. Being able to have different settings is great! Also, the excess cost for the bed is outweighed by the 15 yr mechanical warranty which covers it if it stops holding air like it should which is how it adjusts the firmness, and all labor to fix everything. If they can't fix it, they'll give you the newest version of your bed for free. I also used to turn a lot in my sleep. Now I may mice into like three different positions over the course of the night and I always wake up well rested (until I got pregnant that is...) Now that I'm peeing Lily l like 5 times a night, it's great that I don't worry about waking up DH either. I looove my bed.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I have had the WORST cough with this cold and I swear I've bruised my ribs. I think maybe because a bunch of my organs are pushed up in ways they aren't normally? My whole abdomen hurts and it's worse every time I cough - which is a lot.

Is it possible to overdose on menthol cough drops?

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @knarlytaurus I used the spectra (battery powered) with ds and I loved it. I work from home but I’m still going to get the battery powered one again this time, it’s just so convenient to not have tj be right by a plug to pump, and especially once ds was weaning I could pump while walking around or sitting at the table while he ate dinner or something. And I know there are car adaptors but it was nice to not worry about extra parts when I needed to pump in the car.  
  • Options
    aels12 said:
    @knarlytaurus I used the spectra (battery powered) with ds and I loved it. I work from home but I’m still going to get the battery powered one again this time, it’s just so convenient to not have tj be right by a plug to pump, and especially once ds was weaning I could pump while walking around or sitting at the table while he ate dinner or something. And I know there are car adaptors but it was nice to not worry about extra parts when I needed to pump in the car.  
    +1 to upgrading to the battery powered one

• Options
    @kbeers13 do you mind sharing, ballpark, how much those beds run? My SO snores and has apnea but refuses to consider wearing a mask. I'd like to look into the adjustable bed option...
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @k2k2tog So sorry your cough is still not better.  I don't know id you can overdose on those cough drops.  I would call my nurse for advice.  Good luck to you!

• Options
    @knarlytaurus I had the Spectra for DD and liked it well enough. Lots of moms I know prefer it to the Medela PISA. I paid ~$30 to upgrade to the battery one and it was SO worth it, even though most of my pumping was in my office. I did pump in the car, at work conferences, at home, etc, and it was nice to not have to be by an outlet or spend the extra minutes plugging in, forgetting the power cord, etc. It does suck that parts are not as easily available as the Medela, so you will want to have a back up set in case something breaks. You can get parts from Amazon, on prime. 
  • Options
    I feel like we need a breast pump thread! Not sure if it's too early for that and I know for the most part what I'm doing but to help the FTMs. I think I submitted mine around 7 months but some might be doing so earlier. Happy to start one whenever (or someone else can start one).

• Options
    @kvh22 Yes! I know I personally chose the Spectra after reading our BMB's BP thread last time around. Maybe wait until we're closer to half way/thinking about actually placing the orders? Definitely in favor of a thread, though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard my insurance only covers Ameda which doesn't get great reviews.  Should I splurge for something different or wait to see how I do?
  • Options
    Before my insurance (Tricare) covered breast pumps, I actually was just given one by the lactation consultant at the hospital I delivered at. It was a Medela pump in style, I loved it. But I don't plan on going back to work for a while and I'm honestly hesitant to spend any money on a pump when I am not entirely sure I'll even breast feed this one. 
  • Options
    I have heard my insurance only covers Ameda which doesn't get great reviews.  Should I splurge for something different or wait to see how I do?
    This is what I was given and HATED it. Ended up having to wait for super good sales at target to splurge for a medela and loved that one. I feel like if I had had it from the beginning my supply issues wouldn’t have been so prevalent. 

ameda was just what my hospital gave and I didn’t think to do research until it was too late. 
  • Options
    Can you push them? That seems weird to me. Or maybe there's an option to upgrade without having to shell out the complete cost OOP (like the insurance would cover the equivalent of the Ameda). I submitted a request through one company and they said I had to wait until 8 months. Then I submitted it to another (withdrew my original request) and they sent it to me at 7 months.