June 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms - Week of 10/21

Re: Symptoms - Week of 10/21

• Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I had horrible sciatica with DS that started 2nd tri and again with my last MMC, which started around 6 weeks I think.
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I have an old injury in my lower back on the right. It starts to hurt very early on in pregnancy so unfortunately I don’t think it’s too early for your sciatic pain. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 nope, likely not to early esp if you've had other issues. I had problems from a former job that were exacerbated by being preg with DS. It didnt take long for it to start acting up again last time so I'm sure its coming soon...
  • Options
    @luckystar28 How are you today?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I’m really hoping I just strained my back a bit doing some yard work over the weekend, unfortunately it seems to be on one side which made me think sciatic. I really hope that’s not the case, BTDT not pregnancy and it was awful even with the muscle relaxers. I’m guessing those are a “no no” during pregnancy :(
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I did not have specific issues last time, but my low back has been kind of sore. I'm wondering if my posture is already suffering. I do know that the Relaxin that your body releases to let your ligaments loosen up for birth doesn't ever go fully away after each pregnancy so things get looser and looser with each subsequent pregnancy so that can cause issues. Maybe work with your OB on some core strengthening exercises that are safe? I need to do the same.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

@luckystar28 I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy.  I hope the doctor can give you some relief.

@KissmeImScottish I just wanted to chime in to say that I'm happy you're finding support here.  I can't imagine raising three little kids with your husband gone most of the time, while dealing with depression/anxiety.  I find that when my anxiety flares up, I have to handle the day in small chunks.  Instead of thinking about all the things I have to do, I try to just think of the first thing.  Easier said than done, I know!

I'm still not feeling particularly pregnant other than being exhausted and not being able to sleep, some heartburn, and headaches.  I stopped my progesterone yesterday, so the headaches could be from my body adjusting to that.

@nmbrcrnchr1 I had horrible sciatica with my first.  I hope your pain is from the yardwork and goes away soon.

@charla1224 I hope you feel better soon.  I miss my sleeping pills and Advil more than I miss wine!

• Options
    Those taking unisom and B6 for nausea .How many mg of each are you taking?
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing
    this is what my OB gave me today on dosage. (In spoiler).

• Options
    So, no MS or nausea but man...lower GI issues are what I am going through now.  Diarrhea is getting a little old. 
  • Options
    I now have Diclegis, Zofran and Reglan to help with this relentless nausea/vomiting. My MFM said if I have no relief with any of these I’ll just have to go in for weekly fluids until it passes :( 
  • Options
    @amaren-2 that sounds terrible! 

@Charla1224 I’m so sorry you caught that cold! There is nothing worse than being sick while pregnant. 
  • Options
    I am having so many food aversions. The only thing that sounds good are unhealthy things. Also, everything is giving me heartburn. I have a lot of anxiety so feeling extreme symptoms gives me peace of mind. 
  • Options
    ohheyitsbohheyitsb member
    edited October 2018
    @antera23 I'm sorry you're feeling anxious. I hope it gets better with time. I try to reframe anxiety as a another way to show I'm excited! Somedays that helps. Other days I google things obsessively until I forget why I was googling in the first place.

@luckystar28 I'm so glad you have medication! Is it helping? When I read you vomited 15 times I nearly sympathy gagged. I hope you get some relief soon!

Here I am... ridiculously early and wide awake at an unholy hour day 5? Stared at my husband sleeping peacefully for about 20 minutes before hopping on here. He's probably dreaming blissfully of nothing...very tempting to wake him up. 
  • Options
    @luckystar28 I hope the medicine combination helps you. Sounds like you are having the roughest first tri. Do you have hyperemesis gravidarum? If you don't mind me ask. Not sure if you've mentioned that before. Not sure what qualifies as hyperemesis gravidarum but what you're going through sounds miserable. 
  • Options
    I really hope the meds help @luckystar28
  • Options
    @runyogamom I wasn’t diagnosed with anything, no! I’ve read on HG and I’m not sure what’s they’d do differently if I were diagnosed. Do you know? 

My MFM said 8 weeks is the tip top of all the raging hormones so I might see nausea relief soon. I hope this is true and he’s not just trying to make me feel better. 

Thanks to everyone who has tagged me. It’s been really hard :( I wish I knew how to stop it at least for an hour a day. 
  • Options
    @luckystar28 I don't think there is anything more they can do if you have HG except hospital and IV if you get too dehydrated. FX that it's not the case and the meds start to work soon.

Funny that your MFM would say that. I was just talking to my coworker and telling her how my raging, head exploding migraine usually hits around 8wks (and to be prepared for my call out because that's next week). I was just looking online and it seems that around 8 is when the cord/placenta start to slowly take over. It does make sense that it would peak at that point and then ease up. FX that you do in fact find relief at that point.
  • Options
    @luckystar28 I can't say anymore than @prpl11butterfly did. Just some hospital time if you get dehydrated. Hoping you don't have to have any fluids but get them if you feel you need them! Hope you get some relief like your MFM said.

Constipation is a crappy pregnancy symptom. Straining to go the bathroom causes me to stress out. Ready to be off zofran so hopefully the constipation goes away after that.
  • Options
    I am so bloated. I told H today that I look pregnant already. He said it couldn't be since it's only five weeks (duh, I know I'm not showing) and that he thought I looked the same as ever. Thanks hunny, I feel so large and you basically agreed that I'm fat. Also, emotional, obviously.
  • Options
    @desoky01 I'm so bloated, too. Its frustrating. I know as a STM I'll "pop" sooner, but that wont be for another couple of months. But, I can hardly button my pants. As I recall, that got better for me after a bit. Although, I couldnt' eat anything and lost some weight first tri with my DD, so that may have contributed.
  • Options
    @luckystar28 I really hope you are getting over the hump and will start feeling better soon!

@runyogamom I'm also on the constipation train. It's really frustrating because I am normally like clockwork.

Yesterday my emotions were on overdrive. I actually cried on the way home from work because of the traffic. I just wanted to be home so bad! Today I was hit by the tired bus. I could barely get out of bed this morning. I almost called out sick, but I was worried I might start feeling worse and will eventually need those sick days.
  • Options
    I'm having a good couple of days... It's disarming. But I'll take it while I can?
  • Options
    EDD: June 21st

As of today, I'm exhausted, a little nauseous and have extremely sore boobs. 

Doc apt. scheduled for November 1st. 

• Options
    @luckystar28 I really hope you find something that works for you and it gets better soon.
  • Options
    So far I'm mostly super emotional, exhausted and have raging heartburn. I feel terrible for all of you who are so sick.
  • Options
    This week things are basically the same. Super tired, light cramping here and there but omg the night sweats! I am waking up and my shirt is damp. Its soooooo gross! Never had night sweats with my first 2. 
  • Options
    @luckystar28 I hope something works for you soon!
    @desoky01 I'm wearing maternity pants today.  I'm so bloated that it's either that, or be miserable in my regular pants, sitting at my desk with them unbuttoned.  It was a little embarrassing when I had an impromptu u/s today, but whatever.  This is my 8th pregnancy, I stretch out early!
  • Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies. Love that we can commiserate on this because, damn, do I feel awful. 

The morning sickness hit me like a brick yesterday and its right back again today. I'm taking daily naps (I am on vacation so don't be too jealous) that don't do ANYTHING to help my serious fatigue - I can barely keep my eyes open. I have that stretching cramping that is just downright uncomfortable, and I cannot sleep through the night. 

Oh right, and the digestion issues (ahem) and the ACNE.....oh Lord, the acne. 

6+0 today. 
  • Options
    Bloated here too. Maternity band on and pants fully undone. Yesterdays dress for sure made me look preg. Ugh.

And how is it possible that something smells good and disgusting at the same time?! I cant take that nonsense.

@bakerstreetboys do you find that even after MC you stretch earlier? I know its quicker in subsequent pregnancies but wasnt sure if the MC counted in that or not.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I imagine that it depends how far along you are before the loss.  I'm quite tall, so with my first pregnancy, I could hide it until I was at least 6 months.  Not so much with my second....  My stomach definitely expanded with my MMC too.  Can't wait for my Bellaband to get here
  • Options
    I'm short 😕 I was 20wks before I even had a hint if a bump with DS. With my MMC I was almost 12wks and was starting to show. I'm hoping it doesn't happen any/much earlier this time. Currently wearing mine and thinking I need another on hand.
  • Options
    @luckystar28 I had HG during my last pregnancy and what you’re describing is what I remember from last time. Daily Zofran as SOON as I woke up allowed me to eat a little. By the end of the day i was vomiting again. I lost nearly a lb a week until week 20 and didn’t stop daily vomiting until an hour before delivering. 
    The good news is my daughter was a very healthy baby and I felt back to my old self the day after delivery. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    @Charla1224 Thank you for sharing and I’m so sorry you experienced that! It’s extremely rough :( 
  • Options
    This is my first ever pregnancy and morning sickness is knocking me out. I’m averse to basically everything except plain baked potatoes & sweet potatoes, carrot sticks, oatmeal, broth with noodles, and toast. If I try to widen my diet a little bit I get sick just preparing the food. Gross smells or images make me sick. I am worried I’m not tough enough for pregnancy :(
  • Options
    This is my third pregnancy and holy morning sickness! I’ve literally never had pregnancy nausea before - this sucks so hard. I’m having such a hard time hiding this from my family. I feel like I have constant motion sickness. Combined with the EXTREME fatigue and the low grade headache just behind my eyes and I’m struggle bussing HARD.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't stay awake past 9:30 these days. I used to stay up until H got home from work at 11 most nights. I just can't make it. 
  • Options
    I’ve always said that pregnancy was the worst part of having a child, (really the only bad part) and I will say that until I die. I had no idea it could get any worse. This time I have been proved to be very wrong.  I still hadn’t been seen by my office officially, they’ve been crazy booked, but my nausea and vomiting have been so bad that I have been diagnosed with mild hyperenesis gravidarum. 😭 I knew, just KNEW that this level of nausea wasn’t normal, but I didn’t want to come off like I’m whining. But when you loose 15lbs in two weeks, you start to get a little concerned, you know? I finally had the lady balls to call the office again, and someone finally took what I had to say seriously. This whole thing has made me question if I even want to stay with this practice, but I’ll stick it out for a bit longer. 

Sincerely, hoping that none of you have anything like this going on ❤️
  • Options
    @chikin_mama_3 - UGH. So sorry to hear this. I think we all tend to underestimate our discomfort to a degree so I'm glad you spoke up. No need to suffer like that, you know? And 15 lbs?  :s I'm glad they finally started taking you seriously. Take care of yourself.