May 2019 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 10/20

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 10/20

• Options
    @psychobutthead and my Stuart nipped at my nephew last week, who is 8. Who was chained to a picnic table with no interaction with humans for 2 years (he’s currently 2.5) so I have zero faith and will do extreme training because of it.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @imrachellea DAMN,  your boobs!!!!

No homo, though.  

• Options
    100% with you @psychobutthead. Our dogs were fine when we first brought DD1 home but once she started moving and we’ve started being around other kids more often, we discovered how nervous our younger dog was of little kids. Dogs can be unpredictable. 

@mrskoz428 doing some training with your dog now is probably a good idea, but I think your best focus will be working one-on-one on tricks and obedience to really develop your bond, working on a routine for exercise and play that you’ll be able to maintain after baby, and - most important of all - learning everything you can about how your dog communicates with you. With those things in place, bringing baby home is more likely to go smoothly. If you’re really concerned, I would check in with a trainer. We used one at our local humane society and learned so much about dogs and kids. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @mcewen3 please report back on what she says! I’ll call my OB if I end up actually getting a cold and needing it. Which I’m sure will happen eventually because winter and DS is starting daycare in Jan. 

A friend came over this morning and this afternoon we went to an arboretum. It was cold but nice!

• Options
    @k2k2tog I have experience training dogs and working with reactive dogs from when I worked at a dog boarding, day care, and training facility. He’s highly motivated, I just need to dedicate more time to training than I have been. He’ll be there in no time, I know it!
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge she got back to me very quickly.  Basically, as with many things, there isn't a lot (if any) scientific research available to make a claim of elderberry syrup being either safe or not safe.  She ended her email with this:

What it really comes down to is your comfort level in pregnancy, we do not have scientific research to say that it is or it is not safe in pregnancy, but we do know it has been used for generations.  Sorry I don't have a concrete answer for you, you can give me a call to if you want to talk about it further.

When I replied, she did add an anecdotal story that she herself used elderberry syrup throughout her last pregnancy.  She avoided the kid germs and colds and managed to make it through the winter without so much as a sniffle.  Healthy baby arrived in the spring.  I've ordered some to have on hand, but will likely only use it if I'm really coming down with something nasty.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Way over did it this weekend and I am paying for it today. One of my bffs visited from out of state this weekend and we did all the fall things. During the day we went to the apple orchard and then at night we went to one of those Halloween horror scream parks with 5 different attractions (we go every year). We got there around 7:30pm and stayed until almost 2am. It was super busy so we had a wait in long lines. It was so cold out too, my feet were so cold but thankfully for the most part I dressed for the weather. I ended up getting to bed at 3am and then got up at 8am for breakfast before she headed back home. I was so tired today and my stomach was so upset, I had to run to the bathroom several times (not for vomiting, but TMI it was a "nice" change from constipation hahaha). I took a super long nap all afternoon and cannot wait to go to bed tonight.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    @MelissaMay82 you're a trooper! Everything you said you did.... all of that sounds awful to me.  No. Energy.  

• Options
    I'm taking a break from studying because it's making me feel so dumb. 😩 I have 3 questions left for this practice test I'm taking and I'm really afraid to see my total percentage. Overall I've been doing okay, but blah. It's just making me more nervous. And I still feel like death so I kind of just want to sleep. 
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 ah, you already know everything I suggested then! For us, we found it almost impossible to maintain routines and get them enough exercise which I know is linked to Kingsley becoming reactive.

All our cleaning this weekend was 100% worth it. When we got the girls back from my ILs, they actually played with the toys (because they could see them!) and then it only took me 5 minutes to tidy up after they were in bed. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    mrskoz428 said:
    @psychobutthead and my Stuart nipped at my nephew last week, who is 8. Who was chained to a picnic table with no interaction with humans for 2 years (he’s currently 2.5) so I have zero faith and will do extreme training because of it.
    I forgot to mention my dogs had been around kids.  My daughter was 7 at the times and we had the dogs since she was about 5. I don't know how they would be now since the rott got cancer and died and the chiweenie grieved himself being alone so much we found him a home to go to that had other little dogs. 
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @k2k2tog we have two and they love to race each other outside, which is their favorite form of exercise, thank heavens! We also use doggy daycare for energy exertion. I’m sure he’ll calm down as he ages as well. Dogs definitely go through the terrible twos, just like toddlers! 😂😂 Also, props on the cleaning! I definitely need to “spring clean” right now.

DH successfully painted the guest room and my parents have officially moved out of our house! So excited to spend our first night alone in our house since we bought it two months ago!
  • Options
    @mcewen3 same, I’m planning to take it if necessary, not preventatively. So weird it’s not known if it’s safe, isn’t it just berry syrup?! Or am I dumb 🤔

I can’t contribute to the dog convo but my baby is obsessed with my cat. He makes him so happy. My cat is decidedly not obsessed with the baby but will continually sit near him and then look offended and run away if the baby crawls over. He’ll also do this kitten-like deer hopping thing at DS which is his “play with me!” signal but if DS moves a muscle he runs away. What a weirdo. He doesn’t bite or have claws out, though he has swatted him with a soft paw before. I keep close watch when they’re interacting. 

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I think that's probably why no one will deem it safe or not.  I feel like these days medical groups and/or professionals are so hesitant to advise patients to take anything that doesn't have science based research behind it.  But no one has got around to doing a long-term study of how taking berries for a cold could affect the fetus.  When it comes to using anything natural as a treatment option it suddenly is no longer just a food, its medicinal and the rules get all fuzzy.  I like to know the guidelines, but also feel like I have pretty solid common sense too.  I take it all into account when making decisions re: pregnancy and babies
  • Options
    What kind of maternity jeans are you guys buying? I had low panel for my first. I loved it in the beginning but hated it toward the end. I remembered that this time so I got full panel and I'm a lot smaller than I thought I was 😂 so now I hate those. Was looking into inset? Has anyone tried those?
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I have a pair of inset panel jeans from The Gap.  Super cute but I hate them right now.  They are always slipping off.  TBH, I feel like every pair of maternity pants I have ever owned always slips down, whether it be full, Demi or inset panel.  Maternity pants suck, but are so comfy and necessary.
  • Options
    @mcewen3 I'm just so over leggings. Which I never thought I'd say lol. And this full panel is SO uncomfortable right now. I just bought some inset. Hoping they fit. My regular jeans fit still. On a particularly bloated day the hair tie trick works. 
  • Options
    I had to google what inset maternity pants were, haha. I have never tried them. I don’t remember them being available when I had my girls. And I’m going to really make myself sound old, I worked at Motherhood Maternity before kids in the early 2000’s and the new must have pants were the full panel with elastic type of material. Prior to those, the panel was a cotton material that had a drawstring at the top!!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @MelissaMay82 I did the same thing with my friends saturday. I didn't get home until 4am, I felt so awful the next day!  :s

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds @mcewen3 I feel like all maternity pants slide down too. DS was an end of the summer baby, so I mostly stayed in maxi dresses and shorts. I had a couple of pairs of jeans, but they just didn’t fit great. Pants at least hold the blump in pretty good for now, but I’m not sure how much longer that’s going to last. I’m pretty pumped about leggings though 😂
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I can't stand inset, I ordered some last pregnancy when I was pretty far along and was just like...how are these supposed to fit?! I just bought some at Target yesterday, they are full belly but the back is low crossover...I'm not sure how I feel about that so we'll see. My regular jeans fit too. Actually they are my two sizes up postpartum jeans that I've been wearing with a hairtie since I had DS soooo. Ugh, realizing that just made me feel so sad.

• Options
    In conclusion, I feel like all maternity pants suck and maternity clothes in general are designed to torture pregnant women who are uncomfortable enough. IT'S 2018 WHY HAVEN'T WE FIGURED THIS OUT YET

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge well, I already bought them 😂 so, we shall see. But I also got jeggings the other day that aren't maternity and I like them a lot better. Basically wearing leggings but they look like jeans so I don't look like such a scrub.
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I'm also really picky about clothes and am often uncomfortable so I'm probably not a good person to have responded haha! I hope I like the ones I bought at Target. I don't know why I haven't tried them on yet.

• Options
    In conclusion, I feel like all maternity pants suck and maternity clothes in general are designed to torture pregnant women who are uncomfortable enough. IT'S 2018 WHY HAVEN'T WE FIGURED THIS OUT YET
    @DuchessOfCambridge What's worse is i don't understand why desi designers do not make maternity clothes! WTF is up with that?! With my daughter,  I had two close weddings to attend and it was awful trying to find something that fit, was comfortable  and looked nice.  For my niece's wedding,  I legit ended up wearing an American maternity dress.  It was oh so comfortable!! 

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I have a pair of maternity jeggings and I love them. I got them when I was pregnant with DS and lived in them. They're getting a tiny hole from a snag which makes me so sad. I really need to go grab some more maternity pants/leggings.
  • Options
    @ibanezstarburst I need to know the brand!
    @expandcontract oy. Luckily with my first I didn't show much until later on so I could hide it in some of my clothes but agree, they really don't have many options! I only had one event to go to around 20 weeks and was able to deal but any later would have been impossible.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge they were motherhood maternity. That's pretty much the only place I buy maternity pants from.