June 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 10-19-18

2»

Re: FFFC 10-19-18

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly I just went through my kids' toys for donations and realized DD has like 5 girl toys. Everything else is shared gender neutral toys and boy toys. I was such a tomboy and not at all girly, but she's turning out to be the opposite - she loves all things princess and her baby doll is her most prized possession. I guess we're going to have to break down and get some girlier toys for Christmas. Ugh.
  • Options
    @meatballs37 @eleven_ My last bmb was also pretty tame. We consistently had lurkers from other boards come and try to start drama. Saying things like “Lurking until you guys stop being fake.” It was really freakin’ annoying and immature. Do you remember that, @jhems776?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Whenever I see a cat related screen name I think the cat gif troll is back 😂
  • Options
    Welp, 

I’m sooooo not anti-vax, but I’m not getting a flu shot while I’m pregnant. I honestly don’t even know why I don’t feel comfortable with it. I got the whooping cough shot while pregnant with DD and I will get it again this time, but for some reason I get mega anxiety about vaccines while pregnant. 
  • Options
    @luckystar28 yep, every time I see @wearyfuzzball’s name I think it’s another cat troll (sorry)!

They are still lurking as they’ve liked a few posts and it showed there was a comment on one of our posts but when you click on the post it was deleted
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I saw that earlier and got excited. And then I was seriously disappointed there was nothing.  The BGs must be on the prowl 😉 for them.
  • Options
    @carleym93 I totally support vaccinations but for some reason cannot get behind the flu shot. My kids pediatrician totally guilted me into giving in this year. That man is good. 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly same in this house too. TTC has sorta ruined the appeal of sex for me. I’m hoping after this baby, we can get back to normal without the stress attached. This will be our last baby for sure. 
  • Options
    So the only reason I started getting the flu shot was when I was pregnant with ds. I’ve heard horror stories of pregnant women ending up hospitalized with the flu. Didn’t want to be that person. Now we get it every year. I shamelessly requested all the grandparents get it the year ds wasn’t born too.

DS is having crackers for dinner because he refused the healthy dinner I made him. I’m too tired to fight it. He’s eaten a whole sleeve already.
  • Options
    The little fur maid 😂😆 #ded 
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    edited October 2018
    I get my get my flu shot but understand why some people balk. My aunt got Guillan Barre syndrome from it and was paralyzed temporarily. It’s a rare side effect but did in fact happen to her. 

One of the the things I do at my job has to do with pandemics so we are always taking about the 1918 influenza. That has scared me enough to make me get over it and get us all the shot. 
  • Options
    I was always anti-flu shot (although I'd get it while pregnant), until I got the actual flu last year. Not what i always thought was the flu. The actual flu. I thought they were going to have to admit me to the hospital. 3 days of anti-nausea suppositories (yes, anal), and two weeks of missed work, I felt almost human. It was scary to realize, oh yeah, now I get why people die from this. I figure even if the flu shot lessens symptoms, it's well worth it. So we are a flu shot family for sure.
  • Options
    @runyogamom That was me, Christmas day while pregnant with my son, started feeling run down and then full on influenza hit. I was out of commission for so long. I've never experienced any think Ike that and never want to again. 

• Options
    Is the flu shot safe for those with egg allergies? That’s the other reason I’m worried, I have a pretty bad egg allergy. 
  • Options
    @ruby696 my mom has the same one you had I bet. She was down and out for close to a month. It was no joke. There is a reason that 10-20% of the worlds population died a hundred years ago. 
  • Options
    @ncm1919 I believe it. I was actually scared for a while. And it came on so fast. DH and I were in Disneyland and within an hour of getting back to our room, I knew something wasn't right. We left at 4 the next morning, just to get home. I was at the doctor that afternoon. Thank god for Tamiflu.
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 Ha! Promise I'm not a cat troll :wink: When I created my xbox live account they randomly assigned me this username and I fell in love with it. 
  • Options
    Man! Now I don’t know about the flu shot! I will probably get it because I work with infants and toddlers. They’re germ factories. 
  • Options
    I only ever get the flu shot when I'm pregnant. I will likely get one at my appointment this Wednesday. I always end up ambushing my kids with it though. I take them all to a well visit for a sibling and then they all get the flu shot. They aren't happy but I don't want my babies getting the flu. I should be more responsible with my own health and get it for myself yearly. 
  • Options
    So what is up with the cat troll? I'm trying to catch up.

• Options
    I am not a cat troll!! I just have kitties!