June 2019 Moms
Options

FFFC 10-19-18

Not guaranteed to be FF....

Re: FFFC 10-19-18

• Options
    @ruby696 Along the line of yours. I have about 25 wondfos, I take one every morning and have them all lined up in my bathroom to make sure they are getting darker. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a couple infamous FFFC so let’s have fun here. 

I genuinely dislike someone if they if they tell me they hunt. I eat meat and have shot a gun so hypocrisy is abound on this confession. What I can’t wrap my head around is people enjoying the sport of killing an animal. Regardless of the reason. I doubt that will ever sit right with me. Even if it’s more humane...I just don’t trust or like someone who finds sport or enjoys it. 
  • Options
    @klmcguire Mine are lined up too, but since FRER's are kind of big, I keep three days at a time. So far they're looking good! I would really like to see the test line get darker than the control. I'd feel better then. 
  • Options
    I did a Wondfo yesterday and it was a dud!  The first one ever, no control like and it was short in the that area.  I was so mad I didn't save my pee so I could test again.  I only have like 3 left so I'm stingy now. 
  • Options
    ruby696 said:
    @klmcguire Mine are lined up too, but since FRER's are kind of big, I keep three days at a time. So far they're looking good! I would really like to see the test line get darker than the control. I'd feel better then. 
    I had another round of bloodwork this morning, so I am saving my last FRER for the next week when I need some peace of mind! 
  • Options
    @Dcwtada I'm the same way. I just don't understand how someone could enjoy killing animals. I always tell DH if he ever goes hunting, it's over. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I don’t really like FFFC, I guess that might be more of a UO. But I find that UO/FFFC brings out heated discussions sometimes and I’m not really a fan. 

Unless the confession is humorous. Something like forgetting to put underwear on for the day etc. 
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing I totally see your side. And yes, I do think it can be hypocritical to eat meat and then look down on hunting. I don't think of hunters as evil or cruel people. It's just not something I would want my husband doing because thinking about it really upsets me (as does factory farming). I was a vegan/vegetarian for over 15 years and decided that I am okay with eating "ethical" meat (where the animal enjoys a good life and experiences a humane death). I just don't want my husband to be the one doing the dirty work if that makes sense. 
    TW

• Options
    Most of the men on my side of the family like to hunt, and my sister does too. However, I prefer to stay away from guns. Unless I really felt like I needed one for protection, I’m not going to be messing around with something that dangerous just for the fun of it. I respect other people’s choices to use guns, but I stay far away when they’re doing target practice.
  • Options
    @dntstpbelieveing MH is a game warden and it is fascinating to learn about the positive environmental impacts of hunting. I am a major animal lover, so big game/trophy hunting is off-putting to me. However one of MH's coworkers recently hunted in Africa and all of the meat was given to locals who needed the food. Apparently that's pretty standard, but I'd had no idea. MH likes to fish, so we eat a lot of fresh seafood. And when we are gifted elk or venison, we are thrilled! I still don't like the idea of people hunting because they like to kill animals, but I have complete respect for hunters who are ethical and hunt to feed their families. 

I do have lots of opinions on hunting with dogs and wild animals being put down because people are stupid, but I'll keep those to myself.  :)
  • Options
    I personally would not hunt, but as long as people are eating what they kill I'm good.  My grandmother grew up on a farm and said how it was common before dinner for her dad or older brother to go hunt a rabbit/duck/squirrel and then her mom would cook it.  
  • Options
    I don't care for hunting. It doesnt bother me that people do it for food but I dont agree with it for sport only.
  • Options
    @eleven_ oh no! I couldn't either. My uncle has raised pigs for that purpose and I just couldn't. I mean, their names were pork chop and bacon but still. They had been such cute little babies!
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I snorted at the names pork chop and bacon  :D Piglets are the cutest things in existence! 
    TW

• Options
    Yea my husband goes a handful of times a year. He only hunts deer and turkey. 1 deer will give us about enough meat for a year. We do not purchase any red meat from the store. There are also years where he has gone out and come home with nothing. While we are gun owners he only hunts with a bow. Mostly I think he just likes getting away from us and sitting in the woods all day. 

My FFFC is that my kid will never be allowed to go on sleep overs and I don't really want other kids sleeping at my house. I think sleep time for children is a really vulnerable time and sleep overs are asking for trouble. 
  • Options
    I’m lukewarm on hunting although we are a gun owning household. Ive never been hunting nor has my husband but I have some family who hunt. But they all eat what they hunt. 

My FFFC is I’m eating sushi for lunch. 😬 it sounded so good and we have a very reputable place I’ve been going for 20 years. I figure these days I’m more likely to get food poisoning from lettuce or frozen food than sushi. 
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I can't wait until next week when I can have a roast beef sandwich for lunch! The roast beef is cooked medium/medium rare and I will not be heating it up.  I
  • Options
    My husband don't hunt often. In the 4.5 years we've been married he has gone hunting once. Mostly because his best friend really wanted him to. It was duck hunting. Neither of us wanted to meat so he gave it his to his friend. They do eat it. I've heard duck is greasy. He does shoot sporting clay's regularly. I've even gone with him twice. That is kind of fun since there's no animal involved and its challenging. We are a gun household though. 

My FFFC is boring but so is my life lately. I've eaten Wendy's everyday this week. Because a spicy chicken sandwich, fries, and strawberry lemonade is the only thing my nausea wants me to eat. I can't explain it. I don't even like spicy chicken sandwich normally.
  • Options
    We're surrounded by hunters, both friends and family but it's not something MH or I do. We do appreciate all the meat we get during hunting season though!
    I can't wrap my head around trophy hunting, especially big game. 

• Options
    I know FFFC aren’t flame free and while I don’t want to cause issues, I also like people opening up about themselves in a real way. And as I said my issue isn’t the concept of hunting but the sport behind it. If you enjoy hunting for that reason, I will enjoy not being your friend. Plus I don’t think it’s a sport. 
  • Options
    @ruby969 it is great that we can "live and let live" Maybe we could teach the rest of the world that...
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly If only! I've heard some BMB horror stories, so I'm really glad the June ladies are so awesome.
  • Options
    I'm sure drama will ensue when all the SS arrive. I would be amazed if we got this lucky all 9m!
  • Options
    Probably not. Enjoy it while it lasts I guess
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 I don't think it's weird or bad you are scared you won't be able to connect with a daughter. I also was worried about that because I didn't have a great relationship with my mom. Now that I have a daughter though, the fear is 100% gone. She was just as easy to bond with as my son.
    TW

• Options
    @eleven_ it’s nice to know I’m not alone in this anxiety about having a girl. I dont have a great relationship with my mom and I didn’t even consider that possibly aiding in my anxiety. I guess if a girl is a reality I’ll need to have some long talks with DH to get ready! 

I think it’s like when you have your first child and you’re like, oh how can I love a second baby just as much and then it happens effortlessly! 
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 I actually am hoping for another boy too. Neice and I don't have a great bond because her mom is still involved (and we have waaaayyyy different parenting -ok everything- styles). So its hard for me to imagine a daughter too. Another boy also doesn't take away from her "attention" from DH (BIL has passed). And to be totally honest, a boy would make our house search easier because we could/would room them together. Now, if only I could get DS on board with a baby brother instead of a baby sister....
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly DS1 says he wants a princess. I’m like we are definitely not calling her princess. I’m not encouraging that sassy attitude lol
  • Options
    DH and I both want to have a girl first, but we both feel like this LO is a boy. DH comes from a family of all boys, so that might be a good start for us.
  • Options
    @SunflowerMama428 MIL calls niece her princess and I despise it. 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly totally with you on that one. And the glittery pink shirts that have it on the front get the same treatment.