April 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 10/19-10/27

we need to bring this one back. 

tell me how you feel, ladies.

Re: Symptoms 10/19-10/27

• Options
    I've actually been able to eat food this week!  Real food, and green things!  Not just bread!

...I'm a tad excited :tongue:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt woot! I’ve been able to eat green ice cream ;) (sore throat + mint chocolate chip = awesome)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Exhaustion, shortness of breath, RLP, and I get indigestion SO FAST. I guess I should go buy some Pepcid?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @lyse01, as soon as my appetite came back, I was craving mint chocolate chip ice cream.  So good.

@MRDCle, hopefully you get some second tri energy soon!  I've been able to go most days this week without a nap (which was daily before now).  Although you've got two babes in there taking your energy!

RLP and migraines haven't been as bad this week either, but some seriously bad sciatica.  For some reason going up the steps the other night it tweaked it, and I had to literally crawl the rest of the way cause it hurt so bad.  Bleh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt hooray for eating again! 

My symptom right now: I keep getting canker sores on my lip. Ouch. So much ouch. I'm really glad abreeva is pregnancy safe. 
  • Options
    Hunger! Shortness of breath, headaches, and round ligament pain, but otherwise I feel great. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    You guys are making me want the mint cookies and cream that’s in my freezer. Well I know what I’m doing when I get home. 

I still feel like the height of first tri awful. Still nauseous and gagging and dry heaving. Food is still difficult but salads have generally gone alright lately. Headaches are a common occurrence, thankfully migraines (which I have a history of) haven’t hit me. Still cannot breath very well and have all the rhinitis and allergies stuff. Still exhausted. Spotting has stopped, hallelujah. RLP and the likes. 

I do think I might have felt the baby though, but it’s faint and sporadic. 

Eta:  itchy as a motherfucker. Lotion is not helping. :(
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    I thought I was better that last couple of weeks but week 15 hit me hard. Nausea, food aversions, migraines, exhaustion, and restless sleep. 
    All green stuff still makes me gag. I want to eat a salad so bad but every time I try I can’t even swallow a bite 
    I peed myself a little  dry heaving/throwing up last night (that was new)
    RLP whenever I cough or sneeze. The right side is worse because my ovary on that side is adhered to my insides 

@thatbaintforbetty bendryl at night helps with my itchiness 
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma I sneezed and peed my self the other day. So it begins....
  • Options
    @kangstadt I’ve been having terrible sciatica too, for about two weeks now. It’s manageable now, but for the first 2-3 days I literally couldn’t walk. It was horrible!! Heat, stretching/yoga, then ice seemed to help a bit. 

@thatbaintforbetty I’m super itchy too!! Nothing seems to help!!

@blueberrymomma / @midway_mouse Glad I’m not alone! I seem to squirt a little pee everytime I cough/sneeze/laugh too hard!! 😂
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma @midway_mouse @llamamamanyc so glad I’m not alone! Was wearing a dress outside today (alone thank god) and totally peed when I sneezed! A Shocking and terrible surprise. I’ve also been itchy on my legs, starving and eating tons got my first maternity stitch fix which is awesome because barely any of my clothes fit well. Is anyone showing yet? I think I’m starting to show but no one has asked yet, awkward gray area 😂🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Still kinda gagging in the mornings and when I brush my teeth. My face is breaking out. I’m peeing a little less often but still too much. 

My most annoying symptom right now is the insomnia. I have such a hard time falling asleep and when I do, it’s for a few hours and then I’m awake again for a couple more. I am SO tired. I wish I could nap but DD has been taking short naps thanks to her teething. 

One thing that does kinda help me stay calmed and quiet after a wake up MOTN is the Sleep With Me podcast. Would recommend to anyone else with insomnia. 
  • Options
    @HGRich oh me too I’m struggling so hard to fall asleep + I’m sick which makes it worse. Will try this podcast! 

Also peeing so much like having to get up 3-4x before I fall asleep at nite, and still in the middle of the nite too! 

Super tired 
  • Options
    I’m at 13 weeks — still super tired and taking naps frequently. My skin is horrible acne and eczema — though I think eczema is from the stress of me and my department being laid off.  I’m still not hungry and the only thing that taste good are quest, apples, and salads. Onions, now, give me heart burn but that’s it.

• Options
    I’ve been getting migraines every day for the last week so fml. 
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname, I feel you.  Migraines are the worst.

Also, why the heck are my boobs SO DAMN ITCHY?!  Gah.  I know it's probably because they're growing (*whimper*) but even in a sports bra today, the only thing I could think about was getting home and ripping it off.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Really, REALLY bad acid reflux. 
    Gagging after every meal, feeling like I have something stuck in my throat, and burping that leads to puking. Nothing has helped so far and I’m absolutely miserable. So far the second tri is miles worse than the first. 
  • Options
    Super sensitive hearing and pregnancy rage. Things have never gotten on my nerves so bad. It reminds me of my angry teenager phase and I’m not ok with it >:(
  • Options
    @kangstadt mine are like that too. I’ve already gone up at least a cup size from the DDD I was pre pregnancy. I don’t even want to think about what I’ll be by the end. I actually have red scratch marks on my boobs, stomach and legs cause I’m so itchy. I went and bought some super thick ultra moisturizing lotion and it’s not helping. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname migraines are the pits. The only thing that remotely took the edge of for me was a small glass of coke (weirdly it has to be coke), a Tylenol, ice pack on my neck, and a warm foot soak. 
    @thatbaintforbetty I had the itchies in a previous pregnancy and my midwife suggested a lotion called Sarna. It seemed to help some. My skin has turned from oily to desert dry overnight. 

• Options
    @florallimeade Yes, the rage is so bad. My good friend joked about how Cheerios weren't great for kids, and I should know that by eating them I'm training the kid to like them, blah blah, and I snapped on her. Like, my face went bright red and I was on the attack with hand motions lol. I was still mad that night and the next day, finally calmed down and now feel like a huge dickhead.

@thatbaintforbetty I'm with you on boob size. I was a 34DDD before pregnancy and now I've bloated so much that the band size isn't comfy, so I went to 36DDD. Scared as I've been shopping around and the 34F didn't fit at all, band size or cup size. Feel like my boobs are going to eat the world at this rate. 36G here I come...
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    @kangstadt I didn’t even think about that as the reason mine are so itchy. I bet that’s it though. 
    @ktnoel I hope it helps! It takes a couple tries. The first one is weird but by the second or third it really helped me. 
  • Options
    @HGRich, that and I think the cold snap we're experiencing here are causing it.  But I refuse to measure my bust line again because I'm in denial... if I don't know, it's not changing, right?  :tongue:

@thatbaintforbetty and @sheepshepherdess, you have my awe and sympathies.  Not that I think there's anything wrong with having big boobs, but I can't imagine the backaches and other problems when nursing makes them even bigger!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@florallimeade Yes, the rage is so bad. My good friend joked about how Cheerios weren't great for kids, and I should know that by eating them I'm training the kid to like them, blah blah, and I snapped on her. Like, my face went bright red and I was on the attack with hand motions lol. I was still mad that night and the next day, finally calmed down and now feel like a huge dickhead.

@thatbaintforbetty I'm with you on boob size. I was a 34DDD before pregnancy and now I've bloated so much that the band size isn't comfy, so I went to 36DDD. Scared as I've been shopping around and the 34F didn't fit at all, band size or cup size. Feel like my boobs are going to eat the world at this rate. 36G here I come...

HAHA that is definitely something I would do! My MIL has been telling DH to make sure I’m eating lots of vegetables and I’m hoping she doesn’t say it to me on an off day soon.... 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty @sheepshepherdess I was so worried I wouldn't be able to even find maternity brahs my size (was starting with a size of 36I and gone up to 38J) but I found this great new lingerie shop earlier this spring that has sizes from A-M and they luckily have maternity brahs too. Not cheap, but at least I don't have to worry about them falling out in public. So far I don't think they've launched in the US yet, but in Canada (www.change.com). I always found it so hard to find big cup sizes for a smaller waistline, and hoping my boobs won't grow much more... (wishful thinking probably). 
  • Options
    Pro of being in the giant boob club: I can pretty much lie on my back and still be side-lying nursing with dd’s head on my arm. On the other hand, nursing in a chair isn’t very comfortable, and my success at nursing definitely came once we were out of the hospital and had a bed to stretch out on.

I also kind of enjoy whenever DH questions how much bras and bathing suits could possibly cost. Bwahaha.

Anyway, my symptom is that I was starving today. Could not eat enough. Fetal growth spurt?
  • Options
    @lyse01 Must be.
    In my first trimester I woke up several times a night with hunger pain. Eventually it stopped. Now, 5-10 minutes after I eat I feel hunger pains unless I eat high-carb foods (guilty). I asked my doctor if this was a concern and she said just to keep eating the good stuff and avoid the carbs that make me feel full. So I've decided to just stop when I think I've eaten enough and not give in to the unsatisfiable hunger pains.
    My joke with DH is that we're going to have a teenage boy in April.
  • Options
    Barely slept last night so I tried coffee again. Still a nope. So, coffee aversion still.
  • Options
    @lyse01 Hahaha, I love the big boob nursing plan! That has been my plan all along, never stopped to think that other women would have to be on their sides  :D
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    I've been getting headaches almost every night. But the good news is that I've been able to eat more and I've gained a pound, per the OB scale. My scale at home still says the same weight. And he weighed me in the middle of the day versus first thing in the morning (when I weigh). I could also take a two hour nap every day. I wish I could.
  • Options
    Add me to the can’t sleep and extremely irritable. Literally everything DH does (or doesn’t do) has been pissing me off. I can tell he’s getting tired of tiptoeing around me. I think if I could just get a solid 8 hours of sleep with no interruptions my mood would be better
  • Options
    I'm STILL puking. At 15 1/2 weeks. I'm pissed.
  • Options
    Ha! To the teenage boy, @mighty_montgomery.

new symptom: I now get carsick as a passenger. Not cool, little one.
  • Options
    I puked this morning, I was having sciatic pain at work last night (???), i’ve Been having lots of Round ligament pain, I feel like i’m Hungry all the time, I basically didn’t sleep last night, and i’m Super emotional which is just not normal for me. It’s definitely a lay in bed and sulk kind of morning.
  • Options
    @lyse01 same. I was in the back of my sister’s car the other day and I felt so awful.
  • Options
    Add me to RLP group and @blueberrymomma my DH is pretty much always in the dog house right now. I'm ready to not be cranky anymore.
  • Options
    Haha, I'll have to make sure to tell my DH that he's got it good right now! I haven't been emotional at all (which is actually unusual for me)
  • Options
    Ughhhh. This new symptom I'm having is not cool. A few nights ago I started burping while eating, which lead to intense vomiting for a solid 5-10 minutes. I thought it was a one-off, but the enormous, near-vomit, burps have NOT STOPPED. I've tried to eat my lunch twice, and I made it through about 1/3 the first time, then started having massive burps, barely held my food down. Just tried again, made it through a little more before massive burps started again. Does anyone know What the F*** is going on with this? And preferably how to stop it? 
  • Options
    I feel like I've swapped nausea for headaches. I still retch occasionally though!

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    Ughhhh. This new symptom I'm having is not cool. A few nights ago I started burping while eating, which lead to intense vomiting for a solid 5-10 minutes. I thought it was a one-off, but the enormous, near-vomit, burps have NOT STOPPED. I've tried to eat my lunch twice, and I made it through about 1/3 the first time, then started having massive burps, barely held my food down. Just tried again, made it through a little more before massive burps started again. Does anyone know What the F*** is going on with this? And preferably how to stop it? 
    I have no idea if it is the same thing, but when I was pregnant with DS my gallbladder started to have problems. It wasn't performing as efficiently as it does normally. This led to bile sludge build up in my gallbladder which in turn made it difficult to digest foods high in fat. The telltale symptom for me were very distinctive burps. I found I was able to manage my symptoms by limiting my fat intake to <10 g per meal. My OB was able to diagnose this issue with an ultrasound of my gallbladder.

Apparently gallbladder issues may be caused by--you guessed it--pregnancy hormones. The good news for me is that it completely resolved itself once I stopped breastfeeding DS. I am cautiously watching for any signs of the same issue this time around. When I was pregnant with DS symptoms first started in early 2nd tri.