February 2019 Moms
Options

Ten Things Tuesday

I don't think we've done one of these in awhile if not, ever.  

Hit me with 10 random things about you/ your life/ whatever is going on.  

T & J 5.9.09
MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
PVM 5.8.12
GWM 3.17.15
RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Ten Things Tuesday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits Silence of the Lambs is my favorite too.. and I agree about never being able to be a SAHM but I did enjoy my full 12 week leave because I did not like that particular job.

..but a Kentucky fan? Come on now, you’ve got to have higher standards than that!
  • Options
    @cmjenkies hahah born and raised! My husband is a Duke fan, much to my parents’ dismay. Everybody’s got to have a flaw though, right?
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits I married a life long die hard UK fan. Met when I was in grad school at UK. I'm from Penn State football and wrestling country so the whole basketball insanity was a shock to me. I usually let him have the room when they play and the kids and I go elsewhere! He definitely yells at the tv!!
  • Options
    @BourbonBiscuits- I went to Duke for law school and so if I have to have an allegiance, that's it (my undergrad was not a sports school).  But it's a really vague occasional, only if I have to, allegiance.
  • Options
    @BelleBaby it’s such a bizarre obsession when you haven’t lived it your whole life. Like soccer for Europeans. My husband is a huge basketball guy and even he couldn’t believe the craziness around Kentucky basketball when we moved back home. 

@sjnsjnsjn my grandfather went to Duke too, so at least someone was pleased lol. 
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays what is the minimalist challenge? You have me curious. 
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays my house has had unpacked moving boxes in it for 2 months and shit scattered everywhere. I don’t like having people over either for any reason. If I waited for magazine perfect nobody would ever come in my door again  :D I have no sense of style and my husband is a slob.
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays I struggle with feeling like I lose myself while pregnant too. It’s such a challenge and I do think it continues (for me at least) into motherhood. That’s part of the reason I struggle with maternity leave too because it takes up my entire identity
  • Options
    @allthingsgo On the first of the month, you get rid of (donate, throw away, etc) one item you do not need any more. Day two of the month, two items, day three, three items... through the end of the month! It was so freeing. What started it for me was watching the Minimalism documentary - stumbled upon it on Netflix. you can read more at www.theminimalists.com/start/ -- the essays are really helpful to understand more and get started.
    @cmjenkies  :D:D I wouldn't judge you!!! Maybe I can blame whatever i'm not happy on with my "lived in" house on my baby! LOL like he can immediately mess up the house at a few days old. o:)
  • Options
    @madreofdragons I have never actually eaten a French dip. 
  • Options
    @madreofdragons lately I find my farts scary!
  • Options
    @becks_726 .. or are your birthdays just 1 day apart? ;)
  • Options
    @becks_726 I’m 33 and H is 40. We still wonder where the adults are sometimes lol.
  • Options
    @becks_726 I'm also 27 and already have one kiddo - definitely still don't feel like an adult. I thought I would wake up as a mom and miraculously feel grown up but that certainly did not happen lol. It does make me laugh remembering being a kid and thinking my parents had it ALL figured out. They were probably just as clueless as we are!
  • Options
    @thechickendance- With you so hard about the skiing. I am a lifelong skier and it's one of my favorite things, and my SO, who is a beginner who started skiing when we met, is planning two different ski days/excursions this winter and IT IS KILLING ME WITH JEALOUSY!
  • Options
    @sjnsjnsjn that is unfair!! And the ski season now seems so short since baby will be born right in the middle of it.
  • Options
    32 going on 33 next month and still unsure who the adult is.  Haha

i also miss wine like it’s my lifeblood (it is)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I miss wine and beer. I actually caved and drank some mediocre alcohol free beer on the weekend. I can't wait to have a guilt free glass of red wine, cozied up on the couch, in front of the fireplace... 
  • Options
    @becks_726- I was buying the FRE wine for a while, which is a seriously poor substitute, but the grocery store that had it by me doesn't any more and so now I am substitute-less. I am fairly certain I'll have a glass of real wine at the wedding I go to this weekend, and I feel fine about that.
  • Options
    Do it @sjnsjnsjn! If I were in a setting where I could have a little wine without the rest of the bottle going to waste, I would too. 
  • Options
    @changadee #9- same here!!