May 2019 Moms

What's for dinner?

Re: What's for dinner?

• I'm in Washington state 😂😂😭😭😭 my car sucks too. Looks like I might be outta luck. 
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a 2 pound slab of meat so I'd totally share if surprise guests showed up! But, that being unlikely, I'll probably end up freezing portions of what's left and making it again later. Of course, now I'm eating 2 dinners a night so I very well may polish it off :flushed:
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited October 2018
    @mcewen3 That is the best freebie EVER..........

@missy052819 I'm going with yes to the salami bites because my OB is fine with everything (including small amounts of wine!) in moderation. (I won't have more than a sip or two of wine though).

Tonight's dinner was courtesy of DH who showed his veteran stripes of being a husband to a pregnant lady. He made a crockpot beef roast, sour cream mashed potatoes, parmesan roasted broccoli, and didn't even bat an eye when I was eating straight beef gravy from the crockpot while he finished the potatoes.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I fried some steak, made some veggies and boiled some corn on the cob. Super easy because I have 0 motivation to make something that takes effort.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Were having ham, baked potatoes with bacon bits and cesar salad! I hope I actually get to eat some tonight. The last few days I've been getting super nauseous right at suppertime and I can't eat.
  • I feel like I forgot ham existed. I think I need to buy some now because that sounds delicious. 😂
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds I love ham! So good!

@fatmonica the few bites I had were good then the nausea took over 🙁 maybe I'll have leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Also that is so so smart of you!! I usually have freezer meals in our deep freeze but not lately. I think you've inspired me to make some this weekend for days like today. Chixken spaghetti casserole sounds amazing!
  • Taco time. Seriously, one of the best recipes I’ve ever made. Flavorful, tender, a little spicy, and extremely satisfying. 
  • I went with honey sesame chicken and fried rice from Panda Express. 
  • Taco Bell 🌮 🌮 🌮  😂 
  • @keighty80 PHO?!?! Oh man, one of my favorite foods! It needs to cool off a bit more before we can go get Pho. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• I looked at recipes for pho because it’s delicious but it’s very complicated to make :/ I hate relying on restaurants for tasty food so I always try to learn how to make it myself. Pho might just be something I have to orde off a menu.
  • @wishiwaspreggo I did the same and looked into making it but with the special types of meat and spices and time, that was a big fat NO! And it tends to be pretty cheap to get at restaurants. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• rozpre said:
    Anyone have good soup recipes? Preferably in crock pot. I’ve never made soup, so go easy on me! Just feeling the New England Fall weather mmmmmmm
    YES! In your crock pot add frozen chicken breast, chicken broth, 1/2 can of corn (drained), 1 can of rotel, a little garlic and add seasonings (cumin, chili powder and pepper). I always add salt last cause sometimes I feel like I dont need too much of it. Recipe calls for beans but I don't like them so I leave them out.

Crock pot for 4 hours on high. Around the 3.5 hour mark, remove the chicken, shred it with a fork and dump it back in.

Top with tortilla strips, shredded cheese and avocado - SO YUMMY! If it's too spicy, add a little of sour cream to your bowl. This was always my go to in the winter and it's super cheap to make too!
  • @rozpre I love making Zuppa Toscana like they serve at Olive Garden in my crockpot! 
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/143069/super-delicious-zuppa-toscana/
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @wishiwaspreggo I want that taco and I don’t even like brisket 🤤 H does though so I might surprise him with that next week and try it again myself! I try things I don’t like over and over just in case I change my mind. 

Heres our meal plan for the week. Tonight is leftovers from ordering last night and next Sunday is chili. It’s so wonderful eating real food again. 

• @DuchessOfCambridge that crispy honey chicken sounds so good! 

We're doing ham tonight with mashed potatoes, gravy and a veggie. 
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds it’s a PF Chang’s copycat recipe. I’ve never made it before, I hope it’s close as good to the real thing!

• @DuchessOfCambridge let me know how it turns out! 
  • BIL invited us over for dinner tonight. I’m so excited to not have to cook. He is making green chili steak stew and cornbread. It’s so stinkin amazing. I’m drooling just thinking about it.

• Made French onion soup tonight. Totally hit the spot!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had A&W tonight because they make the best burgers and I was hit by a craving that was spurred on by a memory of DH getting A&W with his dad while working on some renovation project and texting me if I wanted some, but I didn't respond in time AND HE DIDN'T BUY ME ANY so I ate half of his. Months ago.

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• @DuchessOfCambridge what is that app you are using!? I need to get more organized with my meal planning. I'm sure there is a whole world of apps out there to help me but I am the least technologically savvy person in the universe.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrskoz428 Ahh I love Olive Garden soup (and breadsticks). I haven't been to one in years. I'm sad I didn't look at this before going grocery shopping this morning to buy the ingredients.

I am on day 6 (of 7, yay!) of solo parenting and I am just going to make pineapple fried rice for dinner the next 2 days. DD is 14 months and loves it! I bought low/no sodium steam brown rice bags, canned pineapple, and have frozen veggies to use so this should be super easy. I'm planning to make enough for DD's lunch tomorrow, too.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• bluesky24 said:
    @DuchessOfCambridge what is that app you are using!? I need to get more organized with my meal planning. I'm sure there is a whole world of apps out there to help me but I am the least technologically savvy person in the universe.
    It’s called Paprika. You do have to pay for it but I use it ALL. THE. TIME. You can download recipes from Pinterest or wherever to it and it saves them. From there you can add them to a meal plan. For each recipe there is also a grocery option so you can go through and check off what items you need to buy. It’s always how I meal plan and grocery shop! We have significantly decreased our takeout dinners since I started using it. Friday’s are our eat out or order out days and it’s worked really well to keep us on track. 

• @secicc12 we had French Onion last night too! So good. I can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Breakfast for dinner...eggs, potatoes, bacon, beans, and salsa in a tortilla. Can you tell I haven't gone grocery shopping since Monday?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I haven’t been to the grocery store either! I avoid it at all costs because of all the smells. Dinner tonight was baked potatoes with steamed broccoli and the girls helped me make a cheese sauce to pour all over it.  :p

• @kvh22 Breakfast burritos for dinner is a great idea. We might have to do that this week. 

• I made an awesome lasagna tonight.  So much leftover but that means DH has easy work lunches for a couple days.  

@secicc12 just scrolling through this thread and now I want to make French onion soup this week.  My onion soup bowls are packed away in storage though so I may have to improvise🤔
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I always buy this kit from the grocery store. I can not wait to go home and cook it. Also, can I make myself pancakes for dessert? Someone at work mentioned pancakes, now I need pancakes.  :s

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @mcewen3 What about a mug? Or an oven-safe cereal bowl? Gotta satisfy that craving!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @missy052819
    I've never seen those! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker