June 2019 Moms

Symptoms - Week of 10/8

I meant to start this yesterday and got busy at work. We discussed this being a weekly thread for first tri so it wouldn’t get too long each week! 

Post your symptoms here!

Re: Symptoms - Week of 10/8

• carleym93carleym93 member
    edited October 2018

Plus 1 to the nausea party this week 
  • So effing tired 
  • Loading the player...
  • Tired. Cold then hot. Acid reflux kicked in hard last night. Nausea has been at bay since Sat so I'm assuming that was mostly the migraine.
  • srscott3srscott3 member
    edited October 2018
    Feeling a bit nervous. Nausea and all other symptoms (bloating, sore boobs, fatigue) are pretty much gone. It’s only been a day or two like this, but google is not my friend right now. 
  • @srscott3 Hang in there! I know its quite normal for symptoms to come and go at this stage. Dr. Google is just a scary guy. May be worth a call to your OB for peace of mind though. 
  • edited October 2018
    @prpl11butterfly +1 to the tired and the hot flashes. Last night DH reached over to hold my hand and dropped it immediately, saying, "Are you ok? Your hands are so hot!" 

This was also probably a bit of a shock because usually I have ice cubes for hands and feet.

@srscott3 Dr. Google is the worst! FX that it's a temporary lull. I had a couple symptom-free days last week before the wall of fatigue hit me. It's too bad that it is so nerve-racking when they disappear, because otherwise the break would be nice.

Edited because autocorrect is not my friend.
  • The constipation is real...I feel like I've gained 10857490235 pounds already. And the heartburn. And I feel like I'm at altitude right now because I can't 100% catch my breath. 

• marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited October 2018
    @srscott3 how far along are you? That was me a few days last week (middle of week 5).

Now I’m in week 6 and symptoms are creeping back up: burping, mild but more frequent nausea, and fateeeeeeegue. I left work early and have been in bed since 3pm (granted I’m also super jet lagged and was up and working by 3am this morning). Thank god for grandma. 

I’m also hungry every two hours and get nauseous if I don’t eat. I don’t remember that from last time!

• @marijaa333 yup! That’s right where I am. 5 weeks and 4 days. That makes me feel better!
  • @srscott3 I'm 5w 3d and my symptoms are also less intense than last week. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @srscott3 I come from the future to tell you to try to enjoy the calm before the fatigue storm. 😝
  • @eleven_ this is really messing with my PGAL brain. I know it’s going to suck, but I’d like those symptoms back please. 
  • @srscott3 I'm feeling the same. I'm so stressed about it even though I know it's normal for symptoms to come and go. Do you have a 6 w u/s? 
    TW

• @eleven_ big hugs girl ❤️ And no, no u/s until my 8 week appointment on 10/25
  • @srscott3 @eleven_ I literally have zero symptoms either. I never got sore boobs with any of my pregnancies. I’m not nauseous. Zero cramping the last few days. 🤷‍♀️ 

Im just really tired, but that could be working late and getting up early with DD. 

So basically if if I hadn’t taken a test, I’d probably have zero idea I was KU. 

If if I remember correctly most of us wont start feeling awful until week 6-7. 
  • I agree w/ @meatballs37 that in a few more weeks real symptoms kick in. With DS I didnt test until AF was a full week late. At that point the only symptom was sore boobs (and that was something that NEVER happened). 2nd pregnancy AF was about 4 days late before I tested and the only symptom then was heart burn. That started last night (which coincidently would have put AF 4 days late).
  • I am on the other end of the pooping issue... the diarrhea is real and angry sometimes. Also yes to the hot flashes and fatigue. When I’m not at work I don’t like to leave the couch. That should be fun for our vacation next week!
  • I have had dry skin for years, but since going off BC I am oily. Now in pregnancy my skin and scalp are getting even more oily every day. My makeup that was great for dry skin just slides off halfway through the day now. I used to be a once a week shampoo girl, now it is every other day and my scalp itches. And I have a lot of hair so this is already getting annoying. I need to find some good pregnancy safe dandruff/anti itch shampoo. Luckily I have a regular scheduled derm appointment in a couple weeks.
  • A new one as of last night... increased libido and sensitivity! This didn’t happen until later on in my last pregnancy. But I’m not complaining 😉
  • Unable to stop the nausea. Doesn’t matter what time of day, how many small meals, or what I eat. I experienced mild nausea with my daughter but this is something else entirely. 
  • Nausea to the max. Brushing my teeth is even difficult. Gagging on random smells is fun. Up at night with insomnia too. So so much creamy cm! 
  • Had my first bought of real morning sickness at work today -- threw up in the trash can next to my desk! Luckily no one saw me and I was able to clean up afterward. Is it weird that this made me a little happy? Hoping it's a good sign :)

What do you to control nausea? Need to be able to keep food and vitamins down.
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited October 2018
    Unable to stop the nausea. Doesn’t matter what time of day, how many small meals, or what I eat. I experienced mild nausea with my daughter but this is something else entirely. 
    Ugh, so sorry to hear! I had minimal occasional nausea with my first pregnancy, and now it's definitely worse, though not constant and eating does help. 

Does anyone know if symptoms tend to be worse with #2 in general?

@ibreemaboo Have you discussed with your nurse/doc? Can you take something for it? My prenatal already has 2.5mg of B6 (recommendation is 1.9mg for pregnant and 2.0mg for nursing women) so I'm hesitant to take more...
  • @marijaa333 my second pregnancy was very much like my first. The only thing that was different was that I started showing sooner. With my first I was at 20wks and there was just a hint of a bump but 2nd was almost 12 wks and showing about that same bump.
  • @ibreemaboo hoping it doesn't get much worse for you! To lessen the nausea eating smaller meals frequently through out the day is supposed to help.  Also, eating right when you wake up is supposed to help. You can ask your doctor for medicine if it gets worse, like marijaa333 said (that's what I did this time) or take a unisom/b6 combo. If you take your prenatal at night that might help you keep it down.

@marijaa333 and @mamamaggie524 the symptoms are definitely worse for me this time (stm). With my first I had nausea but I could still do all the stuff I normally did. This time I go to work, go home to the couch, then to bed. It's hard to function normally right now. 
  • Nausea seems to be hitting more today. Last few days I have had some at night before bed but not bad. I currently want to curl up under my desk for a few hours. 
  • I threw up in our rental car and am now at the airport queasy af. Here’s to not vommitting on the plane... 
  • @marijaa333 @runyogamom
    I saw my primary care doctor today (for a separate skin issue). She recommended ginger and sea bands that should help with long car rides. I will try this weekend when I drive to LA! I'll also try taking the vitamin at night too. Today I had early morning nausea that woke me up at 4am.

@luckystar28 best of luck on the plane! 
  • harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited October 2018
    @luckystar28 - OH NOOoo! FX for a no-puke flight. 

I haven't been sleeping well - I'm really restless. For some reason my symptoms really hit me at night (queasiness, mild "cramping"). I don't know if this is because I'm actually sitting still and able to notice them, or what. 

I used to sleep like a baby so this is really frustrating. And then to look over and see MH sleeping soundly? Grrrrr!

ETA: Also, the constipation, gas and bloating is real. I can't stop burping. 
  • Here's a fun one, I'm so swollen my wedding ring doesn't fit right now.  It is a little tight prior to pregnancy but now I can't get it on at all. I'm six weeks. Last time I wore it until 35 weeks. This swelling so early is crazy. 
  • @harrierwife My symptoms were hitting me really hard at night too. I would feel so nauseated right when I got into bed. 

@runyogamom Just checked my ring. It won't come off and usually it's a little loose  :|
    TW

• @elven_ while I'm sorry yours is tight too it's reassuring to know I'm not alone in the swelling this early. It took my mind back to developing preeclampsia last time and that's not something I want to experience again. 
  • chrssymschrssyms member
    edited October 2018
    Oh my gosh ladies, the morning sickness has been absolutely terrible. Nausea started hitting me last week when I was about 5W3D but by this week I was nauseated 24x7 and throwing up a few times a day. My doc prescribed me Diclegis. I’m on full day 2 of that right now. I’m still a bit nauseous but it seems like things have gotten better. I work from home but I’ve honestly had a really hard time concentrating on anything other than not throwing up. This is my first time, so I’m really hoping it gets better by 12Ws. 🤢

is it normal to feel this crappy?
  • You guys are about to get reeeeeal personal with me...

I have internal hemorrhoids that I’ve had since before DD was born (3 years ago). They have never really bothered me except after delivery. WELL being pregnant has made them unbearable. I am on the verge of tears every time I have to use the bathroom and am in pain for well over an hour after! 😭😭😭
  • Ugh @carleym93 that sounds aweful.
  • The swelling is real. I’ve noticed that it’s been so much worse ever since my daughter was born. I seem to be much more sensitive to salt these days. Trying to stay away from it and hydrate hydrate hydrate
  • @Dcwtada yes, last week when I was 5w I had vivid weird dreams almost every night. This week I’ve had dreams but they aren’t near as weird. 
  • They've gotten less odd for me too. Very realistic still. I can go back to sleep most of the time.

I would like to not wake drenched in sweat MOTN. It's getting old fast....
  • @prpl11butterfly it is so gross, right? I don’t remember this at all