April 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 10/8

1235»

Re: Randoms w/o 10/8

• Options
    TMI alert ahead. Sorry I don’t know how to do a soiler on mobile web browser... 

so my 4 year old somehow got constipated over the last few days and now he’s afraid to poop. We’ve given him tons of fruit and juice and I even bought prune juice (which he doesn’t like, apparently). At this point it’s a matter of will, not actual constipation. He’s actively holding it in, while moaning and crying with cramps. I feel so sorry for him. He just pooped in his sleep and woke himself up. I’m predicting it happens at least one more time tonight. Any ideas how to ease a kids fear with something like this? It’s not like he needs a laxative... it’s purely mental at this point. 
  • Options
    I’d do lots of dried fruits and sitting on the potty with a show or something to distract from the fear. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TW!

I ended up in the ER tonight when I started bleeding heavily. Thankfully the baby looks good, measuring ahead at 13 weeks 2 days, cervix is closed. They said pelvic rest and take it easy. No explanation for the bleeding, which I’m still having. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Sorry you had a scare! @thatbaintforbetty glad to hear baby is doing good though. Rest up!
  • Options
    Ugh, sorry you're going through that @thatbaintforbetty Fingers crossed it stops soon!
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty oh that’s scary (still, even with the ER reassurance). I’m so sorry.

Meanwhile, over here, I’m getting sucked into drama on the local Facebook page over the proposed design of a boathouse and park that most commenters don’t find sufficiently quaint but they can’t be bothered to show up to Town Meetings, P&Z meetings, or presentations with the architects, or even understand how their form of local government works. I am not impressed with these people.

I am also able to criticize the design within reason, but it’s creating shoreline access 100’ from my house with a community rowing program to boot so I am basically thrilled that I can row and not kill all the grass in my yard moving a shell around. 
  • Options
    So scary, @thatbaintforbetty! But so glad to hear baby is okay. Take it easy for now. I’m sure everything will be a-okay!
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty ER trips are never fun and the worst scare right now. Hugs and glad everything is okay!
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty how scary!! I’m glad the ER said baby looks okay. But still unnerving. 

@lyse01 the NIMBY is real with some people. It’s so obnoxious. 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty so sorry about the bleeding and ER trip! It’s so scary. 
  • Options
    kangstadtkangstadt member
    edited October 2018
    @professormama, do rewards help at all?  I don't like bribery, but if he's in that much pain I totally would!

So scary, @thatbaintforbetty, I'm glad everything looks okay!

I've been feeling almost completely normal the last two days and it's freaking me out since I had random really bad stomach pain Wednesday night.  I know I'm being paranoid, but I wish I had an appointment sooner than a week and a half from now to check heartbeat  :sweat:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt omg I’m usually anti bribery but let me tell you I’ve freakin tried. I have a bowl of m&ms sitting out and I keep offering. I’m going nuts. Constant whining but refusing to poop. Even though I KNOW he can (since he did in his sleep last night). He even had a prune juice and chia seed fruit smoothie this morning. He’s got an iron will. 
  • Options
    @professormama, oh boy.  Sounds like my kid, stubborn to a fault! Hope he finally gives in and gets some relief soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys! It was super scary, I never had any bleeding with DD. So it was a new and unwelcome experience. I’ve pretty much committed to sitting on the couch resting all weekend and DH and my mom are helping/supervising/forcing me to take it easy. 

The bleeding has lightened up this morning so that’s a good sign at least. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    Really struggling with stuff after I eat. 
    I’ve noticed that no matter how slowly I eat, I get this weird gagging issue afterwards. I just gag and gag and gag until I finally burp. I don’t have the ability to force myself to burp. I’ve tried. I barely eat at work anymore because of it. I noticed that drinking a sprite helped yesterday, but I can’t treat soda like medicine 🙄 they said the second tri is easier but for me, nope. 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty glad to hear babe is ok.  Scary for sure!!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Really struggling with stuff after I eat. 
    I’ve noticed that no matter how slowly I eat, I get this weird gagging issue afterwards. I just gag and gag and gag until I finally burp. I don’t have the ability to force myself to burp. I’ve tried. I barely eat at work anymore because of it. I noticed that drinking a sprite helped yesterday, but I can’t treat soda like medicine 🙄 they said the second tri is easier but for me, nope. 
    I tend to have this problem. No idea how to fix it :(
  • Options
    @professormama I’m doing much better so far today! I ate half of what I normally would for breakfast, and have been following it up with small snacks ever since. I really think my body just isn’t a fan of normal-sized meals anymore. 

@thatbaintforbetty glad to hear that you and baby are okay. I’m sorry you had to go through that! Good thing you’re able to rest now. 
  • Options
    So my kid turns 4 in November and really wants a party. I’ve been wracking my brains for how to do it without spending like $400 on some indoor party place. And tonight I finally figured it out! He’s only going to get to have like 2 friends, but it’s more than he’s ever had before so he should be happy with it. We will roll up the rug in our front room, and just have the party at our house. He’s obsessed with Donuts so it will be a donut party. I’ll do a fancy cheese and charcuterie spread with beer and mimosas for the adults. Fruit and veggie chips and cheese sticks for the kids. We always do a donut cake which is adorable and easy. Plus sparking juice. I found adorable donut plates and cups and even balloons online. I’m going to print out donut coloring printables and put out art supplies. Maybe do cookie decorating with store-bought icing and all different sprinkles. And if the weather is going to be nice then I’ll last minute rent a bounce house! Wooooooo. Whole thing should be under $100-150 unless I rent the bounce house. But that would be worth it. 
  • Options
    @professormama that sounds awesome! Can I come too? Lol
    @thatbaintforbetty so glad the baby looks good. Get some rest. Did they schedule a follow up appt with your OB?
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma lol I think we live in different regions of the country, but I’ll fly you in on my private jet for the event ;) 
  • Options
    Dang it, @professormama.  Now I want doughnuts.

:lol:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kangstadt said:
    Dang it, @professormama.  Now I want doughnuts.

:lol:
    It’s our Saturday morning tradition. We always have donuts. 
  • Options
    Another day, another bathroom battle. *cries into coffee* 
  • Options
    So tired of puking. Every time I have a good day, it's inevitably followed by one or more bad ones. I really want this to go away now that I'm into second tri.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    My DH, and I have noticed that for the past two months I have been talking in my sleep just about every night. I wonder once the baby arrives, will I continue to do this?