TTC After a Loss
Options

October Randoms

2»

Re: October Randoms

• Options
    Thanks @char245. Now that I've had a chance to calm down and do some research, I feel a little better. You're exactly right - the news was shocking. It really didn't occur to me that I could be a carrier of something so serious. But as long as my husband is not a carrier, we should be fine. Man, things are just never easy for those of us on this board.
  • Options
    @ruby696 sorry for the news.  Hopefully DH isn’t a carrier
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ruby696 I’m so sorry that something else may complicate this process. It really isn’t fair :confounded:
  • Options
    Dr told DH no sexual activity for 6 weeks! I swear I'm going to be 60 by the time I'm allowed to TTC again 
  • Options
    @40momma that sucks but I get it.  DH had to use pull out method last night as I’m ovulating and don’t want to try as my surgery is less than two weeks away.  Then we have to wait 6 weeks too.  I keep telling myself it’s not that long but it’s at least 2 months out of process and that’s a lot when you are our age.  I’m sorry.  Totally sucks 
  • Options

@ruby696 I'm sorry about your results, hope that DH isn't a carrier.  What a shock to get on top of everything else.

@40momma I hear ya, it sucks!  We're on a four week ban during IVF.  It isn't to avoid pregnancy for us, but more because it could traumatize my insides.  It seems unfair during an already stressful time!

• Options
    @40momma and @Mack2342 ugh taking a break for any reason is so frustrating!! Here’s hoping it goes by quickly!

@bakerstreetboys they haven’t said anything to me about no sex during IVF, I think they just said it had to be protected. Now im wondering if we should be avoiding all together! Ugh so many things to worry about!
  • Options
    @char245 For us, it has been a four week ban after egg retrieval both times.  Something they didn't mention beforehand!
  • Options
  • Options
    hi ladies- I started a thread over on TTGP to have a Wave of Light at 7 pm tonight.  I thought it would be nice if we can get a lot of people to participate.   This is the link to thread if anyone feels like joining in https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12735573/wave-of-light-at-7-pm-for-pregnancy-and-infant-loss-awareness#latest All are welcome, even if you've never posted over there before.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 that’s fantastic!!! I’m glad your surgery went well! I hope you have a smooth recovery! How long is your recovery time? 
  • Options
    Lurking to see your update @Mack2342 It sounds like the surgery went really well!  Wishing you a speedy recovery :)
  • Options
    @Mack2342 That's good news! I wish you have a quick recovery! :smile:
  • Options
    @char245 anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks.  I don’t think I will need 12 weeks as I can bear weight on my leg know.  I’m getting around pretty good and will probably ditch this walker soon and go to the cane 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 So glad the surgery went well.  It sounds like you are recovering quickly!  My dad had both his hips replaced in his 40s and I remember he was in bed for a while afterwards.  That’s great that you are up and walking!!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @Mack2342 yayyyy!!! I’m so glad it’s going well! I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly and quickly!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! 
  • Options
    I have a random question. Are any of you on seroquel by any chance? I've been on it for over a month now but AF is late but all negative HPTs. I know amenorrhea can be a side effect, so I'm curious to see if anyone else TTC has experienced this and what they did about it. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    @Mack2342 great news! Glad to hear it went well. 
    I'm sitting over here twiddling my thumbs. Normally would be in a TWW but DH can't have any sexual activity for 6 weeks (broken neck). So benched this cycle. Hoping to squeeze in next cycle but will have to see at the next dr follow up. 
  • Options
    @40momma I know we can’t have sex for 6 weeks either but know I learned I have to wait a little longer for these meds to get out of my system 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 Ugh. I feel like every month is a ticking time bomb. We aren't 23!!!
  • Options
    Exactly @40momma it’s annoying 
  • Options
    I just got back from my appointment with the MFM, and we are cleared to TTC!  She was very reassuring that the likelihood of having a normal pregnancy is high, and that if it’s not she will take care of us every step of the way.  

One of the two mutations that *potentially* caused DS’s birth defects is carried on one of my X chromosomes, so there is a possibility it could happen again if we have another boy.  The key is early monitoring and testing.

Overall, it’s a relief to get the official go ahead to TTC when we’re ready to try again.
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @SpongeWorthy exciting news to be cleared to TTC going forward!! 

*spelling edit*
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy Great that you are cleared to TTC again! Sounds like you have a kind, personable doctor, too, which can be such a relief! 
  • Options
    @minnek8 She is really great.  I went through 4 or 5 OBs with my last pregnancy before finding her, so I was so happy to hear she was going to take me on for future pregnancies for all my care even if they are “typical.”
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy That's great news that you can start TTC again! I wish everything goes well for you.
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy I really like providers who seem to recognize a need for consistency in these times. I switched to a new OB and she sort of insists on doing a lot of my care, even though some of the stuff I could have seen anyone for. She tells me (or the scheduler), "I think this is something we should do together." Since every appointment is sort of an unknown, it is nice that she stays the same and is familiar. Hopefully everything is smooth from here on out!
  • Options
    Glad you got the all clear @SpongeWorthy