TTC After a Loss

Re: October Randoms

• Options
    You are on it @prpl11butterfly.  Loved the simpsons gif lol
  • Options
    Holy crap, it's October!  This is probably an UO, but I really dislike Halloween :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys

My random is I’ve already pulled out all my Halloween decorations. Can’t wait to get the outside all set up! 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 my decorations have been up for a week now!   I love Halloween. Met my DH at Halloween party/pub crawl lol
  • Options
    DH brought my (3) decorations up from the basement yesterday. I know, that's expensive right 😂 We have a skeleton hanging in the front door and then a black cat candle holder and a pumpkin candy jar.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I don’t have scary stuff.  Mostly pumpkins it’s more fall than Halloween.  I do like some of the scarier things just waiting for DS to get a little older
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly @Mack2342 I have a whole setup with bats, spider egg sacs, cobwebs that worked perfectly for the porch on our last house.  The new one we are in has a huge front porch so I’m not sure how I will set it up this year. Maybe I will get to buy new decorations  :D
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 new decorations are always fun
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I second new decorations!

@Mack2342 DS loves scary stuff! He has to turn on all the things at home depot lately 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly Omg, every. single. button. Mine are obsessed. Home Depot, Target, doesn't matter. As long as there are "try me" buttons to push.
  • Options
    @ruby696 and @prpl11butterfly he was mesmerized last year by a few scary things but not so much this year.   He picked out a scary dinosaur costume and then when it arrived he was scared lol.  So we went to look at costumes at store and he didn’t like a thing.  So I don’t know 🤷‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 Mine are going as Batman and Robin. DS wanted to be Batman, so DD (2.5 yrs old) demanded to be Robin. I found a costume with a red tutu, so everyone is happy  :)

Super heros are big at our house.
  • Options
    Sounds cute @ruby696
  • Options
    kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited October 2018
    Why is it so humid out today! Putting up Halloween decorations is no fun when Im sweating in places i didn’t know existed  :s

@prpl11butterfly @ruby696 we have to go see all the “spooky things” and touch all the buttons at every store we got to. If there’s big blow up decor, ds is obsessed and yells at me until we go by it. 

Edit because grammar is hard
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys I'm with you! It's not that I hate the whole holiday, it's mainly just the adult costume parties when girls use it as an excuse to dress super sleezy. If you want to dress sleezy then do it, but don't cover it up by pretending to be a sexy cat or a sexy butterfly. Either dress like a cat or a whore but not both. And I dislike it when someone dresses in costume so much that you can't tell who it is and they refuse to tell you, it's scary and creepy and I'm sure sexual assaults sky rocket on Halloween 
    I love the little kids dressed up though. That part is awesome 
  • Options
    Here’s something funny....DS was in bath looking at his penis/balls and says mommy did the water put stripes on my penis (talking about balls).  I said no they just look like that.   So he yells to my husband to ask if his has stripes on it too! I was crying I thought it was so funny 
  • Options
    😂😂😂😂

Some of the things they come out with kill me! 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 That's hilarious!  My DS is at the "why don't you have a penis Mommy" stage.  Whenever I tell him it's time to get ready for a bath, he yells "diaper off, hello penis"!
  • Options
    @Mack2342 that is hysterical! 

@bakerstreetboys my ds asks me the same. I do my best to explain it so he gets it, but I’m not sure he does haha
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys that’s funny.  
  • Options
    Starting my IVF shots tomorrow and feeling super nervous! Not nervous about the actual shot but nervous about mixing everything correctly.
  • Options
    Meet with surgeon today for hip replacement and he said not a problem to TTC afterwards.  
  • Options
    @Mack2342 Great news!
  • Options
    Good luck @char245  How’s your dad doing?!

Yaaaaaay! That’s great news @Mack2342
  • Options
    good luck @char245 !
    so happy for you @Mack2342 !

any Canadians around? Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • Options
    That’s great news @Mack2342!

@mwmiller4 thanks for asking! He’s doing well, round two of chemo starts tomorrow. Today I went to get “typed” to see if I’m a stem cell transplant match for him. Hopefully we will get those results soon. Right now it feels like I’m just concentrating on what step I need to take that day. 
  • Options
    @justarius Canadian here! Hope you had a lot of turkey / stuffing and pumpkin pie this weekend 
  • Options
    @justarius I’m still full of turkey!
    @Mack2342 that’s great!  Hopefully you recover quickly. I’m excited for you to get your new hip :)
    @char245 that’s great!  How did the first day go?  We had two day five blasts transferred today. Off to the tww!
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys first night of shots is tonight! FX I get it all right! If you don’t mind me asking can you explain what you had done? Did you have embryos implanted? Hoping to hear a positive from you soon!!
  • Options
    Hey @char245. You mean what I had done today or my protocol?  Today we had two embryos put back in. I can PM you other info if you want!
  • Options
    Sooooo much turkey! Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians. 

• Options
    @bakerstreetboys that’s what I meant, so very exciting!!! I have everything crossed for you! Just started my shots last night and it wasn’t so bad :) 
  • Options
    @bakerstreetboys that’s exciting! FX one sticks.  Really I’m hoping they both stick for you!! But will settle for one 
  • Options
    Haha @Mack2342 thank you!  We would be more than happy with one ;)
  • Options
    So..to vent for a minute...
    I start work tomorrow, with a new partner.  An incompetent, rude, lying, inconsiderate, lazy jerk. It's going to be a LONG year...
    I'm trying not to stress about it. Becuase stressing is counter productive for TTC. But I'm a little mad at my boss for sticking me with this jerk face.
    Fx that we get lucky this month, and I can limit my time stuck with this guy 
  • Options
    @hoping4arainbow3 Sorry about the work jerk. So, you're stuck with him for an entire year?!?  Ugh! FX for you to get KU soon so you don't have to deal with him as much. I know first hand how awful it can be when your TTCAL loss and your work life are both in a downward spiral of portent doom...

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    So I just got the call about my genetic test and I found out I'm a carrier for spinal muscular atrophy. Next step is for MH to get tested, which he'll do on Monday. If he's a carrier 1) our TTC attempts are over and 2) we'll need to get our LC tested. If he's not a carrier, our TTC attempts may still be over, but we will wait to test our LC, as they'll need to know if they are carriers, but they are unlikely to be symptomatic. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed right now and I'm actually relieved that it's unlikely I'm pregnant this cycle. Also, it still doesn't explain my RPL.   
  • Options
    @ruby696 I’m sorry for the hard news you received. When we did our testing we found out I’m a carrier for CF. It came as a complete shock. We did our testing at the same time and luckily my husband is not a carrier so we were able to continue down this path but it was still shocking news to receive.