January 2019 Moms
Options

Pre-term labor

Re: Pre-term labor

• Options
    DD can’t visit right now because she is getting over a cold. Once she has no symptoms she can come. My mom said she’s starting to get confused about why I’m gone. 😭
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @pttomato I'm working remotely though next Friday will be my last day. I'll then go on leave until after my maternity leave. I've been reading books, watching TV/movies, and doing as much online as I can to help our family (ordering groceries, household supplies, arranging doctors appointments or other appointments, etc.) in addition to my work load. It's filled my days for the most part but I will be creating a little schedule for myself once I'm finished working. For me, the schedule makes each day feel more structured and productive even if the schedule includes things like "9:00-10:00 Reading, 10:00-10:30 Bumping" it just helps divide the days. I do know how to knit but I'm in a purging mode right now and don't want to craft more things that I have to find a place for in our home. 

Once I'm done working, I've thought about learning Spanish using on online program. I have a few books standing by to read and I'm planning to do all of our holiday shopping and baby shopping. I definitely don't have activities that fully fill my time, but that's ok. I've also found bed rest exercises online (youtube) that can be done safely so I try to get those in every few days. The physical soreness from bed rest has been one of the harder parts for me. I just want someone to stretch me out!! I found a bed rest massage therapist that I see every few weeks to help with all the pain that comes with laying down for such long periods of time. It's a nice treat! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh my gosh @pttomato and @parentingishard! Thinking of you both. PPs had great advice on filling the time, and I love that you have some bed rest exercises that you can do to help with the soreness! FX that all will go well, that your DD will get to visit soon Pttomato, that babies stay in there and keep incubating for many more weeks! 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• Options
    @pttomato im so sorry to hear you are going through this. So scary and stressful, i cannot even imagine!  Ill be sending lots of good thoughts your way! Please keep us posted!

Maybe we should get a "how to pass time while on bed rest thread" going?
  • Options
    I was on bedrest for a week at home with DD , nothing compared to what you ladies are going through but one idea to pass time was to work on photobooks (Shutterfly, etc). I enjoy doing those but always seem to be behind so it was a nice activity when I couldn’t do much else!
  • Options
    For those interested in photo albums, the project life app is awesome. I think the app is free and a few of the kits, but the kits themselves aren't that expensive. You can use the photos straight from your phone. You can save the pages and order through whatever printing service you like OR you can print pages and or books straight from the app.

My heart breaks for those of you on bed rest. I get teary eyed thinking about you being away from your little ones for so long...but you'll make it through this!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this @pttomato! I can't imagine how it feels to have to be away from your daughter. 
    I spent the last three months on pretty strict bed rest (at home) when I was pregnant with DD and I will second what @parentingishard said about a daily schedule and maybe even a visitors schedule. My mom came over for about 20 minutes every morning to eat breakfast with me. I had a couple friends that came over on set afternoons per week. My parents and in-laws each a night a week that they brought us dinner so DH didn't have to cook after work. I did a lot of crafts (hand-stitched little birds for DD's mobile, finished our wedding scrapbook, colored in those grown-up coloring books), painted my nails, re-read all the magazine I had piled around (and then tore out pages to keep and got rid of the rest!), made a lot of lists for DH. I bumped a lot and did a lot of googling on babies that were born at X weeks and days (whatever I was that day). For me, it helped to know what to expect if the bed rest didn't stop things from progressing. 
    Thinking of both of you!  <3
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    @pttomato - I am so sorry for what you are going thru. That sounds really scary. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way!
  • Options
    @parentingishard I am sorry you are going through this too. I just wanted to say I am a knitter too but I tend to knit for others. If you feel like knitting there are a lot of organizations that take donated goods. For example there is Knitted knockers which are knitted bra fillers pretty much for women with breast cancer who have gone through it to use instead of other heavy fillers. Just a thought for passing time. A local group in my hometown actually donates hats and scarves and such to children in cold climates in Mexico who don’t have much.
    praying for everyone and hoping for the best!
  • Options
    @pttomato Oh no! I am so sorry you are going through this. I am really happy to read that your contractions seem to have stopped and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts that baby boy continues to cook for another 4 months! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to be away from your DD. I hope she feels better and can come to see you soon.
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    @pttomato how are you holding up?
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm so glad you got to see her! If your contractions don't come back, will they let you leave? How's your cervix? Any talk of a cerclage?
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    pttomatopttomato member
    edited October 2018
    They might let me leave eventually but not any time soon. At 24 weeks I’ll get mag sulfate and steroids to help the baby’s lungs. And then it will depend on how everything’s going. I’m not a candidate for a cerclage, my cervix is too short (0.5 at the ultrasound last Wednesday) and I’m near the end of when they like to do them anyway. They don’t do cervical checks unless something else happens because that can trigger contractions, so we are assuming it’s about the same. No bleeding or fluid leaking, and I haven’t lost my mucus plug so it’s probably still closed at least.

ETA: One of the reasons to stay here is that I don't feel contractions very well. If I'm standing I usually can't even feel them.
  • Options
    @tosh24 It's good to hear positive stories. When we got here a NICU doctor came to talk to us with statistics and potential complications and preparing us for the worst. It's helpful to have the hopeful stories to have something to hold on to.
  • Options
    I just wanted to let you know ive been thinking of you and thank you for the updates.  I'm glad you're being monitored. I hope your babe stays put for as long as possible and keeps growing!
  • Options
    Same ^ I’m thinking of you. Thanks for keeping us updated.  <3
  • Options
    pttomato said:
    They might let me leave eventually but not any time soon. At 24 weeks I’ll get mag sulfate and steroids to help the baby’s lungs. And then it will depend on how everything’s going. I’m not a candidate for a cerclage, my cervix is too short (0.5 at the ultrasound last Wednesday) and I’m near the end of when they like to do them anyway. They don’t do cervical checks unless something else happens because that can trigger contractions, so we are assuming it’s about the same. No bleeding or fluid leaking, and I haven’t lost my mucus plug so it’s probably still closed at least.

ETA: One of the reasons to stay here is that I don't feel contractions very well. If I'm standing I usually can't even feel them.

Just seeing this thread!! SO hoping baby sticks in for as long as possible! Every week he stays in his odds are better and better, also thinking about @parentingishard .... I hope you both feel loved and supported and that those babies stay put!
  • Options
    I am finally catching up, and I'm sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I'm so glad things seem to be a little better, contractions are under control, you've been seeing your daughter, and have more food. 

All my fingers and toes are crossed you meet all these goals and LO stays put.
  • Options
    That’s a great update @pttomato and awesome job advocating for yourself! I’m glad you’re getting a little more freedom, and hope you get more good news in the weeks to come.
  • Options
    So glad to see that update @pttomato . I'm thinking of you and everything continues to improve.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    Thanks for the update @pttomato. I was just wondering how you were doing! TBH, w our EDD right around the same time (I think ~1/24?), whenever Thursday rolls around, I often think of you.

Hoping baby boy stays in there for as long as possible. I’m glad you were able to meet other moms today! Cheering you on from afar. You got this.
  • Options
    I think of you often and am very glad to see a good update. I’m glad they have a group for women in similar circumstances and you get to mingle a bit. 
  • Options
    @pttomato hope all continues to go well and bed rest keeps your little man in there’s for as long as possible. You’re both in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • Options
    @pttomato I was thinking about you today! I hope you had a good day. 
  • Options
    @pttomato I’ve been super busy and not nearly as active in the last few weeks as I’d like, but I wanted to drop in and say I think of you often! I hope things are continuing to go well. 
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Options
    I also found out today that flu season visiting restrictions start Nov 1. So if I do stay longer, DD may not be able to visit anymore. :/
  • Options
    Thanks for the update @pttomato. I'm sorry to hear that you are still having contractions while happy to know they are non productive. Still nerve-wracking I'm sure! Hopefully you won't have to stay past the point of DD visiting. Video chatting just isn't the same as a real hug.
  • Options
    @pttomato I asked my doctor about flu restrictions at the hospital because I was worried about DS visiting when I have the baby. She said she has only seen my hospital put in restrictions once and it was when we had the H1N1 outbreak. So hopefully DS will still get to visit 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    pttomatopttomato member
    edited October 2018
    drabong88 said:
    @pttomato I asked my doctor about flu restrictions at the hospital because I was worried about DS visiting when I have the baby. She said she has only seen my hospital put in restrictions once and it was when we had the H1N1 outbreak. So hopefully DS will still get to visit 
    My hospital didn’t allow kids under 12 last year, but last year was a bad year for the flu. As long as this year isn’t too bad the restrictions will probably be that they have to have a flu shot or only the patients’s own children can visit. They are pretty strict on my floor, they already require immunization records for any visiting children under 12. Maybe because my hospital is only women and newborns and my floor is specifically for high-risk pregnancy?