January 2019 Moms
Options

Registry 911!

2»

Re: Registry 911!

• Options
    @bradleysmommy28 @tosh24 @kmvisioli @sweetyjenj thanks for the input! What I also neglected to mention at 5:10am (shocking!) was that our dining table is counter-height as opposed to traditional dining table height.  I had found a few full size highchairs that work with counter height but then the space issue came into play.  I am going to add this Fisher Price Space Saver chair to our registry too.  I love the clip on one but agree the versatility of the FP one is more appealing and like that we'd be able to use it for more years than the Inglesina one.  I will do like a lot of people do and use the Inglesina as a travel chair.  It is really compact and fashions into its own little backpack -- highly convenient!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    Oh! One note about space saver seats. I have both the fisher price and the ingenuity brand, and I highly prefer the Ingenuity one. It’s a more solid seat instead of so many plastic seams, and the cover goes over the entire seat so you don’t get nasty food residue and crumbs in every crevice. It raises higher and the top half of the back comes off, so it doubles as my kid haircut seat lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 for the space saver high chair. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Options
    @rooonilwaazlib the one I have is this one: Ingenuity ChairMate High Chair - Benson https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FZHU6MY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_nc-QBbNDSJ94H

I don’t remember if it came from Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby.
  • Options
    Agree with the Fisher Price space saver high chair. Super slick and one less huge baby thing! We also easy to travel with. 

We got the pack n play that is raised to use in the newborn stage and never used that part of it. DD1 loved the rock n play and we would just bring that with us for car trips. We did use the regular part of the pack n play. 

Register for multiple crib sheets/mattress protectors. You go through those fast. 
  • Options
    @UnbreakableKimmySchmidt I have 3 matress protectors and I think 6 sets of sheets.  How many should i register.  I was reading that you should stack them three layers deep so you can just peel off and your good to go
  • Options
    @galactickates I had about 4 sheet sets and 2 mattress pads. I found that was sufficient. I think I tried to stack my sheets and mattress pads but found it too tight so if baby spit up I would just switch the sheet quickly, most times the mattress pad was ok to leave in place. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @galactickates I think for DD we had 2 mattress protectors and 6 sheets total, still to this day and never needed more. I didn't layer the sheets due to safe sleep standards, someone told me that you weren't supposed to? Not sure how true that is though
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We only had 4 sheets and didn’t layer Them (never thought about It) but think we lucked out - the only times we had to change them in the MOTN was the couple times she had a stomach bug and threw up. We changed sheets more frequently in the night time potty training stage- and only have one full size sheet!

I never thought that layering sheets would be a safety hazard, but I guess one could come undone as mattresses aren’t designed for that.
  • Options
    I have three crib sheets and two protectors.  Mostly had to change when baby spit up...I found with doing laundry frequently that was enough.
  • Options
    I have 4 sheets and 3 protectors and that was more than enough. I ended up not needing to layer them, as DD stopped spitting up around 3-6 months, but wasn't sleeping overnights in her crib until 8 months. She never leaked out of her diaper, either, so that ended up never being the issue. I think we did have to change her sheets one morning because she was sick and threw up.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @PolarBear517 I have a registry for #3. There aren't any big items on it (other than the car seat and extra base) because I got all of the furniture and gear either from friends or off the local buy and sell (kicking myself for not keeping it all from the first two....). But, I do have all the little stuff we need on it - more washcloths, more socks, more burp cloths, etc., and replacements for some things that were broken once I took them out of storage like our activity mat and some musical toys. My registry is just private so I'm not sharing it with anyone. Basically waiting for Black Friday/Cyber Monday to take advantage of the sales + completion discount.
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    Any STM+ doing a small registry of items they plan to buy themselves for completion discount?? We will be buying a crib, dresser, double stroller, and baby carrier for this little one and I've heard other moms do this for the discount even when a shower will not take place. With our first, we were advised by store employees to put large items we planned to buy ourselves on the registry and we did get the discount on all the furniture etc. which ended up being pretty substantial.
    Yes, I plan to do a registry mostly for the completion discount. And I know my parents keep telling me to let them know what we still need because they'd like to still buy us something, so I'll drop them the link. I'm sure H's parents will be the same. We have the crib mattress (because I love ours which is stupid expensive) and double stroller on there. Then just little odds and ends. :lol:
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    My registry started as a completion discount thing with the few big ticket items we needed (new carseat, carrier, swing) then my mom told me they were throwing me a shower since DS is almost 6 and lots of things change in that time and she asked me to add stuff.  Even now, its only those few things with towels, washclothes, sheets, bottle nipples and other odds and ends that were basically worn out from DS.  We still have all the baby furniture, changing pad, etc for this baby because DS has new furniture.  I'd honestly be pretty ecstatic to get mostly diapers :)
  • Options
    Yes @PolarBear517 That's the whole point when you get second and third kids. Discounts. Lol. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @polarbear517 yep, I set one up on Amazon just for the registry goodie box and the discounts, plus it’s a nice way to keep track of which things I need when I think of it. I’ll probably send it out when family asks around Christmas time.
  • Options
    STMs - you never know who in your life will want to love on you! Or throw you a sprinkle. Plus discounts! And @kmvisioli Christmas gifts are a great idea! People always ask me what I want and it's nice to have a list.  
  • Options
    PSA for anyone with an Amazon registry: ask someone to confirm that your registry can be found via search. Mine was set to public, but several people told me it wasn't showing up in searches.  It didn't start showing up until I added in my shower date. I'm not sure why that was necessary since that info is listed as "optional," but it was for me. 

• Options
    AshVA said:
    PSA for anyone with an Amazon registry: ask someone to confirm that your registry can be found via search. Mine was set to public, but several people told me it wasn't showing up in searches.  It didn't start showing up until I added in my shower date. I'm not sure why that was necessary since that info is listed as "optional," but it was for me. 
    On that note, mine was searchable under my name but not my husband's even though I had added him as a co-registrant and he had clicked the link to confirm.We have different last names and mine is long/hard to spell so it was important that his family was able to just search for his name to make it easier. I had to contact amazon customer service but they were able to fix it pretty quickly. Just another thing to look out for!
  • Options
    Anyone else a registry stalker?  I swore I wouldn't be this time but I can't do it LOL.  Actually I wasn't too bad but last night I went to order something on Amazon and saw a few gifts were purchased so I got excited and checked them all.  Oops!
  • Options
    @bradleysmommy28 me!!  I feel bad...  I was the same way for our wedding registry too. I just can’t help it!
  • Options
    @bradleysmommy28 I am the WORST at this. Literally my amazon registry emails me when anything is purchased but it's on a bit of a lag and I'm such a stalker that I've seen everything that was purchased before I even got the email. I was totally that kid that would wait for my parents to leave the house and then go searching for my birthday/Christmas presents every year too. I hate surprises!
  • Options
    @bradleysmommy28 I was like this last time around lol I don't know if anyone would even ask if I have a registry this time around, but I'm making one this time around for myself. But last time, I checked often to see what was purchased. For better or worse, a lot of our gifts weren't on my registry, but were fantastic nonetheless. So I still was quite surprised. 
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj I haven't had anyone really ask this time and honestly only did 3 different registries for the welcome box and completion discount so I was pretty surprised to see stuff was bought off of each one. I also had to delete stuff from them because there were duplicates (so i could decide which price was better with completion/black Friday sales!)  Guess I hadn't really thought that one through lol
  • Options
    +1 to registry stalking  :# we've gotten a lot of much needed stuff so far! Our shower is this weekend!! I can't believe it!
  • Options
    Yep, confessions from another registry stalker here too. I'm in the same boat with stalking and knowing things are purchased before I even get the email. LOL
  • Options
    My invites went out last week so they should be arriving this week so I'll start stalking next week. lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I look at mine all the time but as a bleak reminder of how much more stuff I need to buy. On that note I am annoyed that my side of the family hasn’t even asked about buying anything... I am not having a shower because they all live way to far away but yeah they show no interest.