March 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 9/20- 9/26

I didn’t see one, so I went ahead and started a thread, mainly so I can complain.

I have already entered the strange, sweaty vag region portion of pregnancy. And. It. Blows.

Re: Symptoms 9/20- 9/26

• Options
    I feel like I stink!! I remember smelling horrible post partum due to night sweats but this time I feel like I already stink! 
  • Options
    @ashley14598 I get some gnarly hormone sweat too.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My new practice did a pap this week and (sorry tmi) apparently I have a yeast infection. I had no idea you could have one without symptoms! I did some reading on google cause I’ve never had one before and now I’m worried my ph balance is going to be permanently thrown out of whack by the medication and I’ll end up in some yeast infection-BV loop that I read about. Can someone please talk me off this ledge??  :s
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 unfortunately this is what happened to me. I’m going to a naturopathic doctor after pregnancy to help get my PH back on balance. 

Add me to the sweaty club.... ugh. Also, doctors confirmed I have the flu so I’ve been dying on the couch for a couple days. Yay me. 
  • Options
    Add me to the stink squad. I shower and I smell later that afternoon. 14w5d and still nausea and vomiting at least once a day on zofran. Tired. Been taking a nap almost daily. I keep telling myself it's worth it, but I think it's even driving my poor wife crazy. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @mamakeeg That is rough, the flu is the worst! I hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    My latest symptom is a complete lack of sex drive. I was super horny during my last pregnancy and we were doing okay this time until recently. I was away from my husband for 10 days and I swear I didn’t think about it once! 

I am blaming the carrying-a-boy hormones. I want my mojo back! 
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 that happened to me, and I swear by Rephresh probiotics for getting me back on track. 
  • Options
    I am so relieved to see other people talking about the sweat/potential stink. I didn't even realize that could be a symptom and was wondering what was up with the increased sweat and general not clean feeling despite showering and deodorizing. Lol.

Other than that, just back pain and occasional aversions to food. Not sleeping well, but starting to get some energy back just in time for vacation first week of October!
  • Options
    The stench is real.

I wake up almost every night with a mouth full of vomit.  I had this symptom with DD2 but not quite this early.  Not looking forward to another 5 months of it!
  • Options
    You are all making me feel so much better and normal with my stench! Ha! 
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure it was this thread that I read about “swamp crotch” and I’m wondering if I experienced it last night..... I woke up at 3:30am and my shorts were wet!!!!! I actually panicked and assumed I was bleeding or something... nope... just wet. Not dischargeish either. I’ve chalked it up to the fact that it’s either sweat (though I’m not a very sweaty person) or watery CM..... because if god forbid I was leaking amniotic fluid it would persist - but I went back to bed and just woke up completely dry!!!! That was the weirdest thing ever.
  • Options
    The back pain is real with this pregnancy... I don’t remember it being this bad w DS. I go through waves of being tired/having energy. Also sweating from doing nothing, so that’s always fun. Luckily the weather is starting to cool down, so hopefully I will too! Last weekend I almost had a mental breakdown. Was so proud because DS and I were up and out by 10 so we could walk the trail at our local park... I brought DS bike so he wouldn’t complain (it’s a 3 mile walk from start to finish) about .25 way in DS bike pedal falls off... DH was away for work so I had to take the bike to my in laws house so my FIL could fix it...didn’t get back to park until 1130...when it was scorching hot. It’s like when you try to be productive, the earth works against you. Also my MIL told me “I’m getting big” so that’s always fun. 16 w 4 days here. Happy pregnancy ladies! Hoping to have a better week this week! 
  • Options
    My pregnancy pillow in bed had been helping with my hip aches in the middle of the night but now things are back to feeling how they were before I had the pillow and it's constantly waking me up. Just made my first prenatal massage appointment and I'm hoping that will help.
  • Options
    @mayoduck I'm also getting hip aches that wake me up and I did a lot of walking today and noticed my hips are now sore. What's up with that? Just ligaments loosening and body parts rearranging? I slept on my side regularly before being pregnant but never felt so sore from it. 
  • Options
    Add me to stinky and swampy. My worst symptom right now are my massive headaches though. But I have a mound of other things making me miserable as well. I’m not a fun preggy person. :(
  • Options
    @lindseyb918 do you start taking them right away and stay on forever? I have some from amazon coming tomorrow and some reviews suggested it would be a new part of life lol. Thanks for the tip!! 
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Starting to get some heartburn. It's a very foreign sensation to me; I mean, I've been nauseous and pukey before in my life, but this is totally new, so it feels a little unsettling. STMs who've experienced this- what worked well for you?
  • Options
    @lucysmom2016 tums and sleeping on an extra pillow or two so your esophogas is at an incline.
  • Options
    @lucysmom2016 Ugh, pregnancy heartburn is the WORST. I agree with @meggyme that tums and sleeping more upright is a good place to start.

With my first it became absolutely unbearable, and things like drinking plain water gave me heartburn. I tried everything I could think of, including natural remedies like daily ACV, but eventually had to go on Zantac per my midwife’s instructions. But someone recently told me that drinking Kefir solved it for them, and I will give that a try this time before I cave to medicine.
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 oh definitely not! They were too expensive for that. I just took them for a few weeks and haven't had any issues since. 
  • Options
    @lindseyb918 phew! I’m so glad cause yes they are way more than I want to spend regularly! 

ditto what @meggyme said for the heartburn, I actually already have a bottle of tums on my nightstand. When it was really bad I would drink baking soda water which was disgusting but it did work. 
  • Options
    @lucysmom2016 I had THE WORST heartburn last pregnancy and the only thing that saved me was Gaviscon liquid extra strength mint flavored. I swear it worked as it was going down the pipe. I had never heard of it before and a coworker told me about it. I went through a couple of bottles of it. Worked absolute wonders. Tums etc did nothing. 
  • Options
    Not sure if this is heartburn, morning sickness or a stomach bug. I've been feeling sick now for about 12 hours. I'm not feeling the normal nausea but just feel like I want to vomit.  I'm having what feels like motion sickness Everytime I move. Not sure what's going on or how to feel better. Suggestions???
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Yes!!! The sweat and body odor is real. It's like no matter how much I shower, I still feel gross. I am also experiencing some hip pain but only on one side (weird). 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, ladies. I think we have some tums at home, so I'll probably start there, but definitely might try the kefir- @maggiemadeit I also prefer not to take medicine if I don't have to. And @JLaVO888 I've never heard of that medicine either, but if the tums fail I'll have to try it 
  • Options
    @lucysmom last time my midwife suggested papaya enzymes, you can get them in chewable tablets from natural food stores, or probably on amazon or something. They helped - I wouldn't say they made it 100% go away but it was more bearable.
  • Options
    Went out for a walk today with a friend (something we used to do regularly and got away from more recently) but I got so light headed and nauseous on the walk! Ugh! I knew it was my blood sugar was too low. I really hope I’m not developing GD again I’ll be so sad!!! 
  • Options
    OMG I thought the stank was just me!! Well that's a relief haha. I've been showering morning and night. Hoping this isn't a lasting symptom and that things will regulate eventually. Does anyone know if it sticks around?

I've also been having lower back and hip pain. If I walk a lot during the day it almost feels like the nerves in my hips are pinched and I have to lay down for a few hours.

Nausea is still making a daily appearance, but I'm no longer vomiting and it definitely isn't as frequent. My skin is also starting to act out. So much for pregnancy glow!
  • Options
    I have luckily evaded most symptoms and the stink sweats, but ever since yesterday it feels like someone has kicked me in the crotch. It is painful and sore. 

Anyone else?  This is new. 
  • Options
    15 weeks and my nausea has pretty much faded, except at night - nothing like trying to go to sleep while queasy... 
    Not loving the constant hunger or the fact that I’m freezing pretty much all the time, unless of course I’m outside, then I’m a sweaty mess...
  • Options
    TMI but extra discharge can leave at any time...why do I have discharge all day everyday except when DH & I try to have sex and I'm as dry as the freaking Sahara?
  • Options
    Lol @HoneyBear40 same, same
  • Options
    Well turns out my symptoms we're a migraine. Spent all Sunday night in the er.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @violetmarie61516 hope you feel better!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @ashley14598 I didn’t have GD last time. But I have been so dizzy and light headed this time and I’ve had horrible headaches that have been turning into migraines. I’ve really been worried all these signs might point to GD this time around. 
  • Options
    GD as in gestational diabetes? I have it and had it with all my pregnancies, the dizziness is just increased blood flow to the baby and headaches from the hormones. I’ve never been told they were due to my GD. I had head aches quite a bit before I got pregnant so I’m not sure if mine are really pregnancy related.

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 I am not a doctor but dizziness and light headedness is a symptom of low blood pressure and blood pressure commonly drops during pregnancy. Do you feel it more when you go from lying down to sitting up or sitting to standing?
  • Options
    I get light headed pretty consistently when I stand up too fast. Usually when I get out of bed or up off the couch. I think it’s just that my heart can’t react fast enough to keep all the blood in my head when it suddenly drains to my feet upon standing.