May 2019 Moms
Options

Opinions which are Unpopular

Re: Opinions which are Unpopular

• Options
    This thread exploded today! I can't keep up with everything. 

I agree, I don't think people should get attached to any particular birth plan. *Keep mom and baby safe and alive* is a good enough plan for me. 

DH has been a stickler about keeping dogs off the furniture after we bought new stuff (before DD was born) and they've never been allowed in the bedroom or even upstairs. It ended up working out for me though because a few years ago I found out I'm allergic to dogs (scratch tests don't lie)... after having had dogs my entire life. Explains the constant runny nose and eczema, though. 

My UO is that I don't think Game of Thrones is all that great. I mean I've watched all of it and of course I'll watch the final season because I'm invested now, but they rely heavily on gratuitous nudity and violence and hot people. I mean, I do enjoy Kit Harrington. I will say the story got way way better after they surpassed the books and the writers were just going off of George's notes/outlines. But they had a lot of not good seasons. 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mcewen3 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    mcewen3 said:
     My City Select is now 5.5 years old, gets tossed in and out of my vehicle, regularly goes over tons of various rough terrain and and has been on a dozen flights.  
     I read too fast and thought this said has been in dozens of fights, and I was like say what now?
    About a dozen flights (in 5.5 years) 😉 I did a couple air travel trips per year when my first was a baby/toddler (4 trips = 8 flights).  Since having my second daughter 3 years ago we’ve done 3 trips, but only 2 with the city select.  This past spring I took the smaller BJ City Mini (bought used for $40, super score!) to Europe since the CS is pretty bulky and my 5 year old is too big/wouldn’t want to ride anyways.  
    I know but I just had a flash of you fighting other moms in the park w/ your stroller like roller derby or something and it was awesome
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:
    mcewen3 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    mcewen3 said:
     My City Select is now 5.5 years old, gets tossed in and out of my vehicle, regularly goes over tons of various rough terrain and and has been on a dozen flights.  
     I read too fast and thought this said has been in dozens of fights, and I was like say what now?
    About a dozen flights (in 5.5 years) 😉 I did a couple air travel trips per year when my first was a baby/toddler (4 trips = 8 flights).  Since having my second daughter 3 years ago we’ve done 3 trips, but only 2 with the city select.  This past spring I took the smaller BJ City Mini (bought used for $40, super score!) to Europe since the CS is pretty bulky and my 5 year old is too big/wouldn’t want to ride anyways.  
    I know but I just had a flash of you fighting other moms in the park w/ your stroller like roller derby or something and it was awesome
    😂😂 i totally misread your original reply (I blame the zombie mode I’m currently in).  I was just like yeah, lots of flights but not more than a dozen.  This makes way more sense now that you put it in context, lol.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @secicc12 That’s a good suggestion of cutting out the initial question and keeping the how are the kids, questions and the gtky. 

@mcewen3 They do have some super nice features for sure, but I feel like there are other SUVs with just as much room. The sliding doors are really really convenient though. It irritates me so bad when someone parks close and I can’t even open my door enough to stuff my 2 year old in his rear facing seat, which is difficult enough in a car as it is  :disappointed:

@kbrown2385 I figure with only 1 kid and this one on the way, I shouldn’t have any need to cross over to the minivans. 
  • Options
    @msb615 the sliding doors and the vacuum were really my 2 main envies.  I was joking with a gf that I was going to write to GM and get them to redesign the Yukon with all of my mom must-haves for me and that I would drive that baby and promote the heck out of it on social media.  I have a feeling they wouldn’t go for it though.
  • Options
    @poshspice you’re opinion of GOT is wrong ;) i cannot wait for it to come back!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    @nopegoat I get bigger each kid too. Totally worried how much I'm going to blow up with this kid.

Also my doctor never asked me about a birth plan. But when we went to the hospital to do the paperwork before my induction they asked me there what mine was. I told them get this kid out alive. I did tell them I didn't want a c-section unless it was life or death and that I wanted drugs so theres that.

Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options
    @poshspice
    I need to know if you've actually read the books or not tho. For science. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @mcewen3 I would pay a lot of money for a Yukon with a vacuum...
  • Options
    ruby696 said:
    @mcewen3 I would pay a lot of money for a Yukon with a vacuum...
    Right??  
  • Options
    @poshspice I used to be a huge GOT fan, but I don't really enjoy the show much anymore. IMO, though, it's suffered more as the source material got worse, and then didn't exist. The first three books were amazing, the fourth was terrible, and the fifth was nothing to write home about. There aren't yet (ever??) any books 6/7, and I haven't really enjoyed where the producers have forged their own trail. Mostly because they've ruined some of my favorite, more nuanced characters, and decided to inflict gratuitous and unnecessary torture on others. I don't know, I'm just not as into it anymore, and it doesn't help that GRRM is always delaying the final books.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    OK UO chikfila fries suck. I always ask they swap it for a fruit cup for me. Neither of my kids like their fries.

• Options
    @DressageDarling Danes are the best! Although I would love a Bernese Mountain Dog too. How's the shedding? Here is a bigger picture of our girls.
  • Options
    @psychobutthead say what??? I can’t even with that comment.. and now I want CFA fries. 

@mcewen3 I think any vehicle with a vacuum is a fantastic idea! 

@journey721 I feel like as long as your not trying to have people buy you the same things they did just a couple of years ago, a shower for a second baby is perfectly fine. You always need diapers if nothing else, and I think all babies should be celebrated. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@DressageDarling Big dogs are my favorite. He/she is so pretty! 
  • Options
    @ruby696 The shedding is absolutely insane. We got him neutered at 1.5yo, and since then it’s year round shedding plus blowing his coat twice a year. I get him groomed once a month to attempt to help with it.
  • Options
    @Kbrown240 the whole #bossbabe thing is the worst!!! 

• Options
    I'm sorry that I missed this thread all day, but I'm caught up now: 
    Popcorn, meh. 
    MLM is the WORST. 
    Age in months is unnecessary after 1.5. I tried to avoid it with #1, but people ended up filling it in for me anyway. 
    I can see both sides of abbreviations. 
    I hate animals on the future. My husband has the world's worst cat who sheds everywhere. She's at least 17, so it won't be long now.... Bwahahaha 

My UO: I keep my social media on lock. Outside of informative groups, I'm only Facebook friends with like 100 people. My rule is, if I ran into you in public and wouldn't sit down and have lunch with you, we aren't friends. That being said, I do have a few friends from my 9/16 mommy group that I've never met in person. But I would totally eat with them if we were in the same state. 
  • Options
    @msb615 the point of a baby shower is to welcome the new mom to motherhood. You can have a party to celebrate your baby but it shouldn’t include a registry or expectation of gifts. 
  • Options
    @liliumstargazer13 not gonna lie.... I’m side eyeing you at laughing about your husbands cat possibly dying soon. 
  • Options
    sleepy33 said:
    @poshspice
    I need to know if you've actually read the books or not tho. For science. 
    @sleepy33 nope, haven't read the books. I don't think I could deal with them if they're even more gratuitous than the show. 

@misskimsue I'm probably skewed since I haven't read the books. I also think GRRM hopes he'll die so he doesn't have to finish writing them. 
    Ticker

• Options
    @journey721 I knew that was coming. Rest assured, this cat will outlive us all. 
  • Options
    @liliumstargazer13 My doberman mix is turning 17 in January. We're pretty sure he's immortal. 
  • Options
    @ruby696 we should introduce them! That would solve my problem at least... 
  • Options
    @liliumstargazer13 He's pretty quick for an old guy, but he was raised with cats and really likes them. He's also half blind, so I think your husband's cat would come through just fine. 
  • Options
    msb615 said:
    @psychobutthead say what??? I can’t even with that comment.. and now I want CFA fries. 

@mcewen3 I think any vehicle with a vacuum is a fantastic idea! 

@journey721 I feel like as long as your not trying to have people buy you the same things they did just a couple of years ago, a shower for a second baby is perfectly fine. You always need diapers if nothing else, and I think all babies should be celebrated. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@DressageDarling Big dogs are my favorite. He/she is so pretty! 
    You can keep those nasty fries lol

• Options
    Im just now getting caught up.....whoever said she wants to fight me on the popcorn... LET'S GO! 
    I'll stick you in butter! 

Plus also,  i hate cats.  They're little bitches. 

• Options
    @expandcontract aw, my husband and I have had our cat since we first started dating almost 10 years ago when he was just a baby. To be completely honest, he’s usually my favorite in the house. 😂

@journey721 A registry would be a bit much, and I personally wouldn’t do that, but to each their own. Everyone has also different circumstances. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    msb615 said:
    @expandcontract aw, my husband and I have had our cat since we first started dating almost 10 years ago when he was just a baby. To be completely honest, he’s usually my favorite in the house. 😂

@journey721 A registry would be a bit much, and I personally wouldn’t do that, but to each their own. Everyone has also different circumstances. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    You can always make a registry for yourself that way the store gives you like a 20% coupon for one big item closer to your due date.

• Options
    @psychobutthead that’s a great idea! Do they all do that or only certain ones? 
  • Options
    @expandcontract HATE cats. I’m also allergic to them, so that doesn’t help. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @msb615

I know amazon did,  buy buy baby,  and target. 

• Options
    @hutterflutter1019 I cannot watch Coco. I cry every. single. time.
  • Options
    msb615 said:

You can always make a registry for yourself that way the store gives you like a 20% coupon for one big item closer to your due date.
    I may have already started an Amazon registry with a March 1 due date so I can get the completion discount on Dec 31. :) I think it's 15% for Prime members. 
    Ticker

• Options
    @hutterflutter1019 I cannot watch Coco. I cry every. single. time.
    I absolutely love it. I love the message throughout the whole movie. And I'm a giant bawling mess at the end, but it's a good cry.

I like to think that our loved ones who have passed gather around us and keep an eye on us. It's very comforting. 
  • Options
    poshspice said:
    @misskimsue I'm probably skewed since I haven't read the books. I also think GRRM hopes he'll die so he doesn't have to finish writing them. 
    Now, this I agree with 100%  :D
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers