Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker

Re: Opinions which are Unpopular

• Loading the player...
  • Oh good, @nopegoat , join me on the AW/creeper bench

DIStickerscom Ticker
    nopegoat
  • @sleepy33 Definitely looking forward to bump pictures, but right now I just feel bloated and gross. Also would like to get to know the group better before putting this belly on the internet. 😂

@nopegoat I’m excited to compare the blump/bump from this pregnancy to my last. At the rate I’m going, it should be interesting to say the least! haha
    nonlinear_function
  • msb615 said:
    @sleepy33 Definitely looking forward to bump pictures, but right now I just feel bloated and gross. Also would like to get to know the group better before putting this belly on the internet. 😂

This is what I don't get, tho. Like not to single you out, msb, clearly you are in the majority on feeling this way. But like...it's anonymous. Nobody knows who you are. Nobody IRL will know that's your belly. I think I'm missing something. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
    megsb615
  • @msb615 I've gotten bigger with every single pregnancy. I'm kind of scared this time around lol. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
    megsb615psychobutthead
  • @Pahialii I had a girl I went to high school with, who I hadn't spoken to since high school, pm me on FB the day I announced that my job that I dearly loved working for a nonprofit that helped kids with cancer had been downsized. She was like oh hey, I see you lost your job, let me talk to you about Plexus! She tried to compare me raising money for leukemia patients to selling friggin Plexus. I was like yeah thx I think I'm gonna stick to nonprofit development since I've been doing it for like nearly a decade now. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
    Pahialiiwishiwaspreggoexpandcontractpsychobutthead
  • @vivereidescent I don't drink so I get that! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
    vivereidescentbeccaneu
  • I like all the check ins :#

@nopegoat  when done appropriately, birth plans can be really helpful, which is what I think you’re saying too. With mine, at the top I wrote my main goal was to get baby and me safely through, whatever that took, and then listed my preferences under that. It was a quick, easy to read one pager and it helped me in the moment when I had to make decisions and was feeling overwhelmed, like a reminder of what I had originally wanted. It was also nice because my hospital put it in my file so any nurse/resident/OB who saw me knew what was up. That being said, my birth DID NOT go according to plan but I was aware that was a possibility. Also, it didn’t include anything like “play Enya while burning a candle in each corner of the room as a nurse feeds me grapes”. More along the lines of “I’d love to not have an episiotomy, cool?”

nopegoatmcewen3expandcontract
  • @DuchessOfCambridge exactly! It should be preferences/best case scenario not a list of demands ha!

If you want to go med free, awesome! Research different techniques but also do some research on the different types of interventions and meds as well in case you need them. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
    DuchessOfCambridgemcewen3nonlinear_function
  • @sleepy33 I like the HDBD pictures to buy I literally didnt start showing until like 15 weeks with DS. Although it's funny to look back and see even if I wasn't showing how the shape of my stomach changed.

@bluesky24 YES to the MLM companies. I have literally unfriended people on fb over this. Dont jUst message me out of the blue when I haven't talked to you for 5 years and act like we are bffs so I'll buy stuff from you!

@DuchessOfCambridge I do feel very similar about the ages in months. Although my opinion leans more towards anything after 18 months. 

@nopegoat I half agree with you. I didn't write a birth plan last time (more so just had a mental one but it wasnt anything crazy) I do plan on writing a small one this time because 1. It felt like I had to answer the same questions over and over whenever there was a nursing staff change and 2. Now that I know what to expect during labour and delivery there are things I would go back and do/ask for things differently. But do agree that some people can become way too attached to or stuck on their birth plans.

nopegoatDuchessOfCambridgebluesky24
  • My UO: I dont like going to the movies, or popcorn...I know some things wrong with me. I do like the smartfood white cheddar popcorn though 
    DuchessOfCambridgevivereidescent
  • edited September 2018
    @vivereidescent I also don't drink and I also hate those. This is likely because I don't drink but in general I hate the message that children drive you to drink. I get that wine can be relaxing but if DS has been giving me a hard day, H taking over dinner through bedtime so I can chill and zone out for a bit gives me more life than any alcohol ever could.

ETA: @bluesky24 a girl from high school I don't talk to added me (without asking) to her store VIP group like 50 times. I know it's not the same as MLM but I don't want to buy your stuff and stop adding me, especially when I keep leaving!

vivereidescentexpandcontract
  • Great, now I need Smartfood

DIStickerscom Ticker
    DuchessOfCambridge
  • @sleepy33 I guess I was  assuming I would have my face in the picture too. Don’t most people do it that way? I wouldn’t care if it was just belly and nothing else though. Don’t worry, I’ll join you on the creeper bench!

@bluesky24 I’m with you on the MLM all the way. My SIL’s bff who I’ve only met a couple of times messaged me on fb about one of them.. girl stop. 

@DuchessOfCambridge Also agree. I may have done months a little past a year old, but definitely by 18m, I couldn’t keep up with it anymore. Like.. no, your child isn’t 36m.. they are 3.. your child is 3. 

@nopegoat 100%. As long as I can get my epidural, and me and baby are healthy and safe, I’m good to go. 

@thebobloblaw @sleepy33I can agree that the STM+ check in and our Due Date check in is a little bit repetitive. I like the organization of the board too, but I would also enjoy more general topics. The random threads do get lengthy and it can be hard to catch up with everything being posted. I don’t know what would be the easiest way to do that without opening the flood gates though. 
    sleepy33expandcontractbluesky24bumbly_b
  • @msb615 I've known lots of folks who have cropped their faces out, either the whole time, or until later when they felt comfortable. Some ppl also will post then delete after a few days.

DIStickerscom Ticker
    megsb615
  • @peachy13 yes! I've found that middle priced stuff usually works the best and lasts the longest.

Also I think a lot of the baby gadgets these days are unneeded, expensive rip offs. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
    peachy13fifthemperorofthesea
  • @bluesky24 I know...I understand if we cant be friends anymore 🤣

@sleepy33 sorry!! It does sound really good right now though...at 10:15 am
    sleepy33bluesky24
  • @bluesky24 totally agree!!!  I can’t stand this. I have SO many friends on Facebook pushing their crap on me. And then they post all this passive aggressive BS about how they can stay at home because they have all this “passive income” or their “side hustle” biz. No basically you are asking me to subsidize your lifestyle. Ughhh!! 

@vivereidescent I know, I do drink wine and still hate this. My friend bought all these onesies for DD like “I’ll have the house white” with a picture of a bottle and “mommy needs her bottle” with a picture of a wine glass. Nope. Not. For. Me. 

My UO is I haven’t been feeling Insta lately. I think I need to clean up my feed maybe. I love to see my friends posts but all the other shit I follow just seems so tired and the same. All the house inspirations are the same. All the prior bachelorettes and other D list celebs all peddle the same shit like Diff eyewear and FabFitFun boxes. All the memes are the same. There are just too many insta “influencers” out there now all just trying to make money by endorsing shit and it’s no longer the creative outlet it once was. End rant. Maybe I need to follow less basic people ha. 
    beccabek92vivereidescentyouknowmenaomi
  • @peachy13 In general I agree with you (I don't think Aden & Anais is all that great?! Freshly Picked moccasins are absurd for the price, Target sells the same style for like $7!) I gotta say though, I'm pretty obsessed with my UppaBaby stroller system. It also doubles as my workout stroller and grocery shopping with it is a dream. For people who don't use their stroller much, though, something cheaper would definitely be just fine.
    Totally agree.  There are so many baby and kids items that I cheap out on, or buy secondhand (Bumbos and bouncers/jumparoos are some of the top of my list for buying second hand) But I also a few, well researched pieces that I have paid a small fortune for.  I am a big believer in a quality stroller, but I have seen so many cheapies start to fall apart after only a year or two.  My City Select is now 5.5 years old, gets tossed in and out of my vehicle, regularly goes over tons of various rough terrain and and has been on a dozen flights.  Aside from a few minor scuffs it is honestly still in near perfect condition.  On the other side, we will be the crib for this LO from IKEA (we sold our old one last year before we moved).  They’re sturdy, don’t get moved around, I like the look of a simple white crib and I just don’t feel it’s worth the $$ for a more expensive one that will get 2 (maybe less) years of use. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    brie_and_almondsfifthemperorofthesea
  • Here's an unpopular opinion: I hate fireworks. I have my whole life. I just think they're boring and take forever.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    vivereidescentflutterflutter
  • mcewen3 said:
     My City Select is now 5.5 years old, gets tossed in and out of my vehicle, regularly goes over tons of various rough terrain and and has been on a dozen flights.  
     I read too fast and thought this said has been in dozens of fights, and I was like say what now?

DIStickerscom Ticker
    fifthemperorofthesea
  • Ladies! All these opinions are actually normal! Lol. Even the popcorn one.  I, too, dislike popcorn. I hate the smell and taste.  I will sometimes eat cheesy popcorn though, but only a little.  

flutterflutter
  • @ibanezstarburst I would much rather watch a movie at home than the theater, but I do like popcorn, especially at the theater! 

@nopegoat My baby didn’t wear shoes either until he started pushing a push walker around. Just socks. I bought him a cute little white pair for Christmas that he maybe wore three times, but that was about it. 

@peachy13 Definitely agree with that. It would make me a little sick to spend a lot of money on a certain baby item, and my baby not even like it or use it much. We have some Walmart Velcro swaddlers that work just as well as more expensive brands we were gifted. I go by reviews. Sometimes you get what you pay for, but expensive isn’t always better. 
    nopegoatpeachy13fifthemperorofthesea