February 2019 Moms

First Time Mom Check-in

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/ raves/ questions?

5. GTKY: What's your favorite place to get maternity clothes so far?

Re: First Time Mom Check-in

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    19 weeks, mango baby.

2. How are you feeling?
    I got a terrible cold this weekend. I'm starting to feel a bit better now, but it still stinks.

nope, but I need to schedule my AS

I've been pretty happy with Gap's stuff. I tried letote for a month, but it was too expensive for not that great quality.
  • Loading the player...

19 weeks and 5 days. Baby is a mango.

2. How are you feeling?

Feeling good no complaints other than headaches and back pain from time to time.

No appointments until next Friday. Anatomy scan part 2 since he wouldn’t show his face for the first scan.

Baby was measuring on time for anatomy scan weighing 10 ounces. He was very active punching and kicking although I didn’t feel anyone of that! 

Motherhood maternity, I love the shirts and jeans. Kohl’s for leggings and bras! 

• @JamieH2000 Ha that’s awesome! My AS is at 3pm so I’ll be restless that whole day at work I’m sure. And yes, can’t wait to find out the sex! Hopefully he or she is more cooperative than during the NT scan (they almost asked us to come back because baby was not having it).
  • @casperthefriendlybeeb I have called one pediatricians office yesterday actually to ask. They said parents come in for a prenatal meeting at any time. Some wait until right before, like 35 weeks, some don't. The ones that don't wait too long are the ones who might be trying to decide between a few practices. I might call around and see, esp. if there's a waiting list. Not sure where you live and what the demand is.
  • 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  20+3, A banana or endive

2. How are you feeling? Tired with heartburn on the incline

3. Any appointments this week?  Mw tomorrow, hopefully discuss placenta previa in more detail and find out when my next u/s should be.

4. Rants/ raves/ questions?  The labour stories at work have started, ahhhh!!

5. GTKY: What's your favorite place to get maternity clothes so far?  Tyme Maternity... although the size large I bought in one pair of pants, so they weren't too tight on my calves, are not cooperating, they're so lose in the belly band.  I've ordered some shirts from old navy, turns out Im not as big as I thought I was, which is nice... but I'm too lazy to return so I guess Ill be using them once Im bigger, lol.

• etnyahetnyah member
    edited September 2018
    @ksdelong20 I think we might skip the baby shower entirely and just do a sip and see when baby comes. Everyone's usually exhausted after the holidays, plus my in-laws migrate south every winter, and my parents and siblings live in Norway, so we won't have any family close by.

H isn't happy about it because "a baby shower is when people buy you shit" (so classy), but I figure anyone who wants to give us gifts will do so anyway. Plus, we'll buy the big stuff ourselves (not like I expect anyone to gift us a stroller) and get hand-me-downs from friends anyway.

18 weeks. Size is a sugar glider?? 

2. How are you feeling? Getting there. Been sick with a respiratory infection and bronchitis but it is clearing. Still very nauseous off and on which might be due to the mucus draining. 

3. Any appointments this week? None until October

4. Rants/ raves/ questions? Hormones are being stupid. Like a roller coaster lately! And soooo tired!

I got hand me downs so buyjng hasn't been really a thing. I did buy a bra at khols which is doing awesome since the girls no longer fit in my old ones

As far as baby shower: we are doing it mid January. It is after the holidays and it coincides with my birthday. We also already annouced it so people can plan. 

• @ksdelong20 I think I'm going to have one in early November. A friend offered to plan one for me, and that was the timing that worked out for her. And I think it makes sense, because this way we miss the holidays, and also because it's early enough in the year that I won't be worried about snow stopping things up.
  • @ksdelong20 I’m like @grebretso , I’m going to skip the shower and have a sip and see. I’m going to register now though because I do have family who have said they would like to buy us things. Yes, it’d be nice to have people buy us all.the.stuff, but I just don’t want the awkwardness of a shower while pregnant - just my personality though . Plus my family just doesn’t do them. 
  • @ohsunnydays Yeah I hate being the center of attention too! Sip and see sounds more like my style, the baby will be the center of attention then. Plus I hate planning parties, I don't have anyone who would throw me a shower so I'd have to do it myself. A sip and see is way more casual. We'll just have food and drinks and people can come around whenever they want to during the day. 
  • @grebretso exactly. Have you thought about how many weeks after birth you will have your sip and see? 
  • ... I have no idea. I'm having a hard time figuring out my post-birth timeline. My mom has yet to buy plane tickets because she wants to be here for the birth, but I want her to come a couple weeks after my due date. I'd hate it if she's here on my due date, what if I end up going way over and she has to leave before I give birth? She can only come for a week. But I also totally understand her wanting to be here for the birth, and I want her to as well, it's just logistically very difficult to plan.

Ideally I want the sip and see to be after she leaves, because I want her to be able to focus on enjoying her stay and the baby. If she's here during she'll start party planning and stressing and baking a million cakes. I'll probably plan to have the sip and see around a month after my due date.
  • I have never heard of a sip and see. Luckily I don't plan to be the center of attention at mine. It is very informal and co-ed since most of my friends are guys. It is also on a sunday so football will be a thing I guess. And it is also at a local brewery here that has significant meaning to us sooo....not at all traditional!  Obviously I won't drink but just because I can't doesn't mean my guests can't if they wish. We will still have food and a cake probably but nothing too crazy. 
  • Thanks @ohsunnydays !  Guess I will start doing some research.

@ksdelong20 we’re looking at early December.  In between the holidays, but not too close to the due date (I’d hate to go into labor at the shower!).
  • @grebretso hmm. I would have the same thought about your mom’s timeline, having her come by 2 wks post due date.  Also I cracked up when you said she would stress and make a million cakes, as my mom would do that too!! Is that what we will turn into? (Mm now I’m thinking about cake!!!)

@ksdelong20 wow if I was having a shower, I’d love that! That to me sounds PERFECT. enjoy. 
  • @grebretso that's tough. One week is so short... I hope you can convince her to come a bit later. 

I have no baby shower plans and if no one offers to plan, I'll be perfectly happy. Given the time of the year, travel requirements, DH's schedule... it seems like sooooo much effort. 
  • @ohsunnydays Honestly if I’m able to do half the things my mom does I’ll consider myself successful at the whole being-a-mom thing, but I know my cakes will never be as good as hers. We can try though!

@becks_726 Yeah, a week is way too short, but she can’t take more time off work. I know I’ll miss having her around to help me! I usually only see her two weeks a year since we live so far away from each other. Thankfully my MIL is close by and she’s awesome too, but she’s not my mom.
  • @grebretso I completely understand. I'm glad you have your MIL nearby and like her though. 

My mum has kindly agreed to come stay with me while DH is gone, probably from week 37 to EDD, so I really don't feel like I can ask her to come stay with me after for any length of time. But I'd love for her to stay with us while we figure everything out. 
  • Baby shower timing?  No idea, it hasn't even been discussed, between the holidays, two weddings and being due in early feb, it is indeed a busy time and our parents live in different states. If there isn't a shower, then the registry can be my Christmas list.
  • @grebretso - ours is at 8am fortunately. We are going to take the whole day off and have some lunch and start registering i think!

As far as baby shower timing, my sister is 6 weeks behind and will be in state from accross the country the second weekend in Dec, so we are doing a joint shower for family on Sunday 12/9. I am hoping its early enough before christmas and being a sunday, most people will be able to stop by. My friends are throwing me a seperate friends shower in early Jan since we struggled for years and they insist i get my own shower where I don't have to share. I don't love being the center of attention either, so i don't mind sharing with my sister. But an intimate friends shower will be nice too! I will also have a work shower sometime in early January. Its just what we do at work, and I have helped plan at least 5 other showers.

Regarding a sip and see, I think that is a great idea too! My only concern would be not doing it TOO soon, since March and April even can be bad flu/cold season and I think the first two months are the riskiest time for a newborn.
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!

20 weeks, banana baby.

2. How are you feeling?

Tired of everyone asking lol. I'm feeling ok. Still achy, RLP, BH, lots of acid reflux.

AS on Tuesday :)

Mostly just tired of worrying all the time. I can't wait to meet this baby.

TARGET. I love their pants. Also Motherhood for the shirts with the ruched sides.

In regards to shower planning, hoping to have it early January. Won't be big as my friend circle is small and none of mine or my husband's family lives anywhere nearby. The few friends I have asked have said they're happy to have something fun to do in Jan :) I just hope it's not too late, I'll be 36 weeks lol. We can always postpone if need be.

18 weeks, artichoke

2. How are you feeling?

My hips have been killing me but other than that okay

My AS is today in less than 2 hours!!!!! Can’t wait to find out if it’s a baby girl or baby boy!

4. Rants/ raves/ questions

What exactly is a sip and see? I’ve never heard of those. Is it just a party after the baby is born when people can come congratulate the parents and meet the baby? If so, that sounds lovely! 

ThredUp! It’s an online thrift store where you can buy clothes that are as good as new but significantly cheaper!

For the shower, I know I’ll have one because I’ve already had lots of people ask me about it, but no idea yet when it will be. It will probably be pretty casual which works for me! My guess is either early December or mid January to avoid the holidays. 

20+3... A banana

2. How are you feeling?
    Pretty good! Me and insomnia are good buddies but other than that doing well.

Nope, AS next week.... as late as they'd let me push it lol

Nothing really... noticing more changes, particularly in the gym, that have me a little bummed. I definitely underestimated how difficult it would be to maintain my old pace/distance of running. Not giving up though!

Don't know! So far I've only bought a pair of shorts... but it is definitely getting to be time to get some actual maternity clothes. I have a few items in my cart at Nordstrom and PinkBlush always looks so cute.