January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly check-in EDD Jan. 8-14 w/o 9/17

EDD? 

Symptoms? 

Upcoming appointments? 

R/R/Q: 

GTKY: Fall officially starts on Saturday!  What is your favorite thing to do in the fall?

Re: Weekly check-in EDD Jan. 8-14 w/o 9/17

• Options
    EDD? 
    1/11

Symptoms? 
    Feeling full fast, lots of kicks

Upcoming appointments? 
    Next one mid-Oct for the glucose test.

R/R/Q: 
    We are getting ready to take a family trip to visit my in-laws who live in California (we are in Minnesota).  We usually go over Thanksgiving or Christmas but decided to travel now before I get verrry pregnant.  Looking forward to hanging out at the pool a lot but reminding myself that a vacation is not a vacation when you're traveling with the toddler.

GTKY: Fall officially starts on Saturday!  What is your favorite thing to do in the fall?
    I love to go to apple orchards and get fresh apples and try all the baked goods.  I also love seeing the trees change color! 
  • Options
    EDD? 1/14

Symptoms? Heartburn has begun! Lots of rlp and movement and Braxton hicks. My sciatica pain is starting to get really bad too. 

Upcoming appointments? Had one this morning, everything is looking good. My primary ob is going to be on vacation when I'm supposed to have my next appt which means I would have to see the other OB that I HATE. So next one will be in 5 weeks because I'd rather wait a week than see the OB who will push my to have a c-section and brush off my concerns. 

R/R/Q: Question for STMs: At what point did you bring your hospital bag in the car? When you started weekly appointments or bi-weekly? I never had one for ds and was so unprepared for his birth that I never even had a bag packed. 

GTKY: Fall officially starts on Saturday!  What is your favorite thing to do in the fall? Going apple picking and to the pumpkin farm. And decorating and carving pumpkins. I LOVE fall so much! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD? 
    1/11

Symptoms? 
    Starting to have some heartburn. Also I've felt really out of breath lately and I'm nervous that it might be the start of pneumonia (I get it at least once every fall/winter). Other than that, just lots of movements from babies. 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Had one this morning and happy to announce that baby girl's heart rate went back to normal and baby boy's kidneys looked clear. Still looks like they might have extra toes, but that isn't surprising lol. Next appointment is Oct 12 for glucose testing.

R/R/Q: 
    Rant-ish: as much as I love the amazing things my body is doing and being able to carry these two little lives, I'm so sick of being pregnant. I've had to cut back or rearrange my lifestyle so much more than I ever wanted to. It's starting to feel like such a chore honestly. SO is just kinda going with the flow on so many things and not being decisive or generally helpful whatsoever,  and it's draining. Hopefully getting something off our checklist (like the nursery, names, etc) will take that stress away

My favorite thing about fall is bonfires and being able to wear hoodies constantly without being overheated. I also really love going hiking in the fall. 
  • Options

@jgil85 I'm probably a bad person to ask about hospital bags, for DD1 we were told to go to the hospital ASAP to be induced due to pre-E, that was at 36 weeks and I just threw some stuff in a bag, so did DH and we left.  We ended up not having DD then but they sent me home and put me on bedrest for a week until I was sent back in to have her at 37 weeks.  I kind of had the same hospital bag packed but really I didn't bring much.  Just some sweats, a robe, nursing camisoles, toothbrush, my own pillow, boppy, going home outfit for DD.  We live pretty close to the hospital too, so DH even went home at one point after DD was born.  I'll probably have some stuff packed this time around 36/37 weeks.
  • Options
    EDD? 
    1/9

Symptoms? 
    I've had a few instances of randomly feeling like I'm going to pass out, my extremities are falling asleep really easily, and I have a lot of tightness/pressure in my belly.   I was having lots of sciatic pain a few weeks ago, but that seems to have subsided for now.

Upcoming appointments? 
    Appointment on Thursday to have pt 2 of our anatomy scan since they couldn't see her face the first time, and then my normal monthly checkup.

R/R/Q: 
    For so long I was feeling like we had so much time left, it was still early, it was too early to really start doing anything substantial to get ready, and now I'm feeling like time is going to fly and I need to get moving!  It's totally overwhelming and I don't even know where to start, and when I start thinking about specific things it still feels "too early"

I love everything fall!  I love going for walks and smelling the leaves and fall air, I love hot spiced cider, and I love pumpkin patches (and the apple cider and pumpkin donuts that lots of them have!)
  • Options
    EDD: 1/10

Symptoms: SI Joint pain (going to Chiro tomorrow for the first time this pregnancy!), heartburn, fatigue, big appetite but feel full really fast

Upcoming Appointments: Next Wednesday I'll have my 24 week ultrasound to continue monitoring for Zika (which I'm SUPER low risk and everything has so far been normal) and my 24 week OB appointment is next Friday. I'll actually be 25 weeks at the time, but they wouldn't do it before the ultrasound.

R/R/Q: I'm really in the mindset to prepare for baby, but with my recent intense SI pain it makes getting around extra painful. Baby has been moving around a lot :) which has been really cool. He definitely moves more than DD did! This is the point where I feel grateful to have an anterior placenta, because I can feel him moving but it isn't overwhelming. The sensation is more subdued.

GTKY: Fav thing to do in the fall? I usually don't like Fall because it's a precursor to winter, which I hate. Fall in Minnesota also isn't fair, because it could get really cold and possibly snow as early as late October/early November, or it could stay decent until late December. Who knows. I'm glad the humidity is gone and it isn't super hot, so now I love going for walks :) I like going to pumpkin farms, using all the fall scented candles and soaps, and going to apple orchards.

Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj how could I forget fall scents?!?!  We looove bath and body works crisp morning air and definitely bought multiple of everything they make in it. 
  • Options
    @mrsmang yes!! I was definitely talking about BBW, too. I LOVE their pumpkin scents, Cider Lane, and Autumn. I'm obsessed with Winter, once that comes out, but I still have a few wallflowers left from last year I can break out ;) and I love the new red plaid Flannel wrap on the candle. Looooooove the candles this season.
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Options
    EDD?

Symptoms?
    Sciatica.  Slight heartburn, but controllable with a glass of milk.  It's usually far worse by now, so I'm glad it's staying low-key. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Next month at 27 weeks.  

R/R/Q:
    I finally got the H to agree to doing the shorter drive for work.  It's a total of 3 hours at a time.  I've been doing split shifts all week. 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening.  It's been really nice and much easier on my back and legs.  Found out yesterday that that run has been canceled, and no one knows how long that will be for.  I'm totally bummed.  I hate driving to Denver every night.  It's just too much. Plus, I don't like being alone in Denver at 2 in the morning.   

All of it.  It's my favorite season. 

@jgil85 I'm so bad at hospital bags.  Most of the time, I'm packing as we're heading in.  Then I forget stuff and the H has to go home and get it for me. If I were to actually pack one in advanced, the plan would be to have it completely ready by 37 weeks.