April 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 9/17

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 9/17

• DS is home with HFM so I'm WFH today. I know I should love WFH but it is so much harder when he's home with me. I feel like then I'm not momming 100% or working 100% so I end up getting hella stressed.  So while he still snoozes I'm gonna try to knock as much out as possible while also laying in bed.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MRDCle I’m sorry. Hopefully he gets better quickly.

I woke up this morning to find the dirty dishes neatly stacked next to the sink. Seriously, how is that any easier than putting it in the dishwasher? DH did a ton of work on the house this weekend while I mostly sat on my ass, so I don’t feel like I have a right to complain, but come on!
  • Loading the player...
  • @wearegroot ha yeah DH did something similar last night. He packed up the chili leftovers and rinsed the dutch oven, but didn't actually clean it.  So now there's a massive dutch oven just sitting in the sink. I appreciate the effort and can't really be salty but still kinnnnda am.
  • We got back from our trip to Denver late Saturday night. I'm playing catch up on work this morning; thank goodness Mondays are my WFH day. I'm not feeling it. Why is returning from vacation so stressful!?

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• I actually work from home every day, and it's really a double edged sword.  The lines get very, very blurry.  I'm really lucky that I can work here, and my parents even come over 4 days a week to watch my son, but my dad's going to be out of commission for a while now and he's the one that's retired, so it's about to get very difficult to get things done.  You cannot really actively work while caring for small children.  Feeling like a crappy mom because my best strategy right now is to distract a 9 month old with Sesame Street most of the day!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Back to work today after having the second half of the week off last week for Florence. So many emails to catch up on. I've got a headache, I'm tired from being cooped up in the house for several days with an energetic 3-year-old with hay fever (who also got her flu shot on Friday, so she's been feeling kinda clingy and cranky too), I feel icky, and I just don't feel like adulting today.
  • What’s the consensus on heating pads? I’m trying to remember from last time. Not on the belly and alternate so you don’t get overheated? 

My my back is killing me and a hot shower only does so much. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • @Piccola1988 you’re not a crappy mom. You are in a crappy situation. I always remind myself that things even out in the long run, and the TV doesn’t really melt brains. The recommended “average” tv consumption for a child is under 2 hours. But you’ll go through seasons when kiddo will watch 6 hours in a day, and other seasons when there will be no TV. It will even out. You’re doing your best. And in the long run, you’re teaching your kid That is possible to get shit done, even when it’s not easy. Flexibility, balancing, and juggling are the awesome life skills that your kid is obverving from you now. 
  • @piccola1988 yeah my son has been watching Sonic all morning. It baffles me how many people think that they can work full time and fully parent their kids every day.  I'm sure it works in some situations but I would definitely not be able to do it every day without help. Kudos to you for doing it regularly! 
  • IIRC heating pads on the back are fine. I used one almost every night at the end of my last pregnancy. 
  • Anyone else feeling WORSE? It was like I hit ten weeks on Thursday and it all was downhill from there... 
  • Thanks @professormama, I hadn't thought of it that way but that makes me feel lots better :)  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Orlando last night with my H and son. We had a blast, but walking around a theme park for 7 hours, with 85% humidity, and stinky humans is nauseating. I alternated between starving and sick the entire time. The haunted houses were on point though. Worth it. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
  • Thanks @professormama, I hadn't thought of it that way but that makes me feel lots better :)  
    Good! I refuse to feel “mom guilt” and I don’t want anyone else to feel it either. No one makes my husband feel guilty for working or letting our son watch TV so he can get extra work done. Why should a woman feel guilty when a man would be praised for flexing his schedule to be home with the kid? 
  • b9315 said:
    Anyone else feeling WORSE? It was like I hit ten weeks on Thursday and it all was downhill from there... 
    10 weeks was my absolute worst!!!!! It improved from there though!
  • cabearit said:
    I went to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Orlando last night with my H and son. We had a blast, but walking around a theme park for 7 hours, with 85% humidity, and stinky humans is nauseating. I alternated between starving and sick the entire time. The haunted houses were on point though. Worth it. 
    GAH! with the stranger things haunted house?!?!?
  • @mels823 that is good to hear!! Thank you!
  • Busy day at work here. Our bank is being audited by FDIC today so I really wanted
    to get here early this morning, but my two year old took of her diaper and climbed on the potty as I was loading everything in the car. So needless to say we were pretty late!! 

I am really hoping to have her potty trained before this one comes along though!!!
  • @b9315 Yes. I was in the same situation. I'm twelve weeks tomorrow and I've felt pretty crummy since week ten. I hope you feel better soon!

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• I had my belly rubbed by a friend this weekend.  I was so caught off guard.  I don't really mind (unless it's a stranger or mild acquaintance) but it's still early so while I'm showing it's that odd mix of baby/fat/bloat.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mermaidca ugh, my mom did that when I was like 5 weeks. I said, "you're patting a giant gas bubble right now."
  • @mels823 Yes! H and I agreed, that house was worth the price of the ticket alone. It was the best haunted house I've ever gone through. 
  • @kangstadt Do you know if the Amazon list works if you’ve done a registry with them before? I did one last time but I don’t think they had any cool promotions then except for the completion coupon. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • kangstadt said:
    Not sure if everyone already knows about these or not (I just found out recently even though this is a second kid), but there are some pretty cool freebies out there for new moms.

If you make a Babylist.com registry and put three items from their store and three items from other websites on your registry, you can get a Welcome Box with samples and a few small items (bottles, pacifiers).

If you make an Amazon.com baby registry and fill out their "checklist," you can get a Welcome Box also with samples and small items!

And if you do a baby registry at Target.com, you can then go into their guest services and get a Welcome bag with a few small items and coupons.

Needless to say, I've done all of these, haha.  Waiting for my two welcome boxes in the mail, and have to make a Target stop soon for that one.
    Buy Buy Baby also does a nice little welcome kit when you go in to do a registry. (At least they did when I was pregnant with #1... I haven't gone there yet this time around.)
  • Anyone else getting winded from simple tasks? I’ve been walking the same route everyday since forever. Now I’m huffing and puffing. This hour long walk is growing by a half hour. 
  • @harveyisaboysname I'm right there with you!  Walking up the stairs is getting tough to recover from!!
    P.S. loving those amazing curls.
  • @harveyisaboysname yesterday I went downstairs and sorted the laundry and brought a load up and had to sit down. My HR was like, 115. It doesn't bode well for laundry when I get huge.
  • @mermaidca ugh! My dad asked to touch my belly before he left the weekend. I glared and said a firm “no” lol. I’m not a fan of belly rubs (especially if you don’t ask) but it’s even weirder when you don’t have a belly and can’t feel baby kicks. The only people I’m 100% comfortable with touching my belly are DH, my kids, and my doctor. Otherwise I feel like I’m being petted like a dog lol
  • @blueberrymomma Yup!  I'm actually ok with people touching my belly - when there's actually a baby to feel!!!  Maybe that's a UO for me this week.  I really don't mind people touching my belly.  
  • @thatbaintforbetty, I'm not sure for Amazon.  I know Babylist has a stipulation that you have to have not received one within the last year.

@harveyisaboysname and @MRDCle, yep.  Carrying laundry is the worst, as well as talking while demonstrating something at work.  I even feel like I have to consciously take deep breaths while eating sometimes.
    x_x
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @harveyisaboysname I'm also huffing and puffing over here. I walk a ton at school chasing after these kids and the stairs are already killing me. I'm hoping it will keep me in better shape this time around so I don't gain 40 pounds again...(doubtful but I can hope).
  • Well I’m sorry everyone is struggling like me, but it’s nice to know I’m not alone. I thought maybe I’m just super out of shape because I didn’t have any of these issues with my first. You would think that since we are supposed to procreate that this shit would be a lot easier and more pleasurable :D I’m honestly wondering why the hell I decided I wanted another kid during my prime years. 
  • Ok, so I have to vent. We went out to lunch to celebrate my mom’s birthday and I told them I was pregnant. My dad gave me a huge hug and was all smiles. My mom didn’t smile at all when discussing the baby. The closest thing to a positive comment was when she said “yeah, a two year age gap is good”. When I asked if she was excited about another grand baby she just rolled her eyes and sighed. She didn’t actually say anything negative, but just seemed disappointed and inconvenienced, at best apathetic. 

I don’t know if she feels like I stole attention from her birthday, or she’s embarrassed because she just told her friends I was waiting and now she has to go back and tell them she was wrong. No matter what the reason, she’s too much of a narcissist to get over it and celebrate her grandchild.

Thankfully I already had an appointment with my therapist scheduled for tomorrow. Nothing fills up 45 minutes like mommy issues!
  • @wearegroot WOW! That’s horrible. I couldn’t imagine getting a reaction like that from my mother. I’m so sorry she did that to you. They should be overjoyed. Her reaction has nothing to do with you, she just sounds like a bitter person. Hugs  <3
  • @wearegroot ugh sorry about your mom's reaction. Or lack of.  I don't understand who wouldn't be thrilled with the news of a baby. 
  • @wearegroot Sorry you had to go through that with your mom. However, woohoo we are glad baby groot is on the way!!
  • @wearegroot Ugh! I'm so sorry! Hopefully she'll come around. Like everyone else here, I am perplexed at how news of a baby doesn't bring unqualified joy to everyone.
  • @harveyisaboysname DH is like, every time you come upstairs all you do is lie on the bed. Me: yeah...it’s hard to get to the third floor carrying a toddler. Huff puff huff puff.

@wearegroot I’m afraid of the same reaction from my parents. Sigh.
  • Thanks, all! Yeah, this is the same woman who right after I gave birth to DS said “We’re so upset with you” because DH wasn’t texting her updates from the OR. It was sort of out of concern, but still another example of her putting her emotions ahead of celebrating her grandchild.

She’s not always a terrible person, but when she is, it’s hard to comprehend how anyone could be so awful.