December 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments • w/o 9.16

Re: Weekly Appointments • w/o 9.16

• @hoosiermama-2 I’m glad it seemed like common sense. Good luck! Only 3 months!
  • Loading the player...
  • @hannelorre ugh that stinks. Best of luck with the 3 hr test. 
  • @hannelorre dang it :cry: good luck with the 3 hour test!! I hope you pass!!

@hoosiermama-2 I felt the same, a lot of it was stuff I knew anyways...but hopefully you still learned some good tips for actual meals and managing it! 

@flamingomomma so sorry you had a bit of a scare today! I could definitely see it being stress related. How are you feeling now? Hopefully you can relax a little bit! Down to 10 days, right?
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @hannelorre Sorry about the 1-hour test, but keeping my fingers crossed for your 3-hour! When do you have to go back?

@flamingomomma That definitely sounds scary! Glad they were able to stop labor and hopefully LO stays put for a few more months!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @flamingomomma So Sorry you had a scare like that. That’s definitely not stress you need right now! So glad that they were able to get everything under control. Did they send you home?
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @scaredunprepared @CecilB93 @mag1cbeli3ver -  just scheduled the 3 hr for this Monday. I've been stalking the GD board and saw that poor sleep can mess up blood glucose so I'm hoping the especially poor sleep messed it up. Fx it goes well! Thank you ladies!! 
  • @flamingomomma I'm sorry you had that scare! How are you doing today? A little over a week to go lady, you can do this!
    @PensiveCrayon that is so awesome! My sister is in nursing school and is going through OB right now. She's a learning freak & knows it in & out and palpated my belly a few weeks ago.. it honestly felt like an amazing belly massage haha
    @hannelorre Boo! Good luck on your three hour!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @hannelorre
    I failed the 1 hr and passed the three hour last time.  FX that happens for you!
  • @flamingomomma You are doing the right thing! I’m glad you haven’t had any more contractions.
  • @flamingomomma You are absolutely doing the right thing but I understand being afraid of the unknown. Just from your story the other day it sounds like not only you but also your kids will be so much better off. They don’t need stuff, they just need to be safe and loved!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @flamingomomma glad to hear the contractions have stopped!! And yes to what everyone said, you are 100% making the right decision for you and your boys. Let us know how everything goes this Friday! Big hugs to you  <3
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @flamingomomma thanks for updating us! I'm glad that contractions have stopped and I will be thinking of you in the next week with everything going on at home. You're doing the right thing, you're a wonderful mother and a very strong person.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • So I had my 30 week checkup today & baby kept kicking the doppler when my dr was measuring for the heartbeat it was hilarious. Fundal height was measuring 33-34 weeks this time, but was measuring right on track at 28 weeks 2 weeks ago... thoughts? I figure it probably doesn't mean much other than helping justify the 10 lbs I've gained have been in the last month. She said we'll schedule a growth US for around 35 weeks which on one hand, yay I get to see baby again! and on the other hand.. no! I don't want to have the opportunity to know what we're having or for the tech to screw it up.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @temmetime From my understanding, measuring fundal height can be pretty inaccurate because baby’s position can cause variations. I wouldn’t worry too much about your surprise being spoiled. I had 8 u/s with DS and we just told them at the beginning we didn’t want to know the sex and no one slipped. Actually, it was t even notated in the chart since we didn’t want to know.
  • @temmetime at the last doctor's appt I went to they asked if I knew what I was having, and I said no. and the nurse who was weighing me said don't worry, I don't know either.
  • My 28 weeks appointment was this morning, along with an ultrasound to re-check the previa. Unfortunately the placenta is still hanging out down there. I’m honestly really bummed, I was expecting (hoping) to be cleared today so I wouldn’t have to worry anymore. We’re checking again in 4 weeks. Also, got my first dose of Rhogam for this pregnancy, so that’s fun.
  • Thanks for the reassurance @katy0990 & @Jens_Hoes! I'll choose to be happy that I get to see baby another time :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @mrsm224 I'm sorry I don't totally know what this means. If the placenta doesnt change does that mean you will deliver early?
  • @mamajudec2018 it’s okay! So instead of the placenta being at the top of my uterus (like typical pregnancies) mine is down low, partially covering my cervix. If it doesn’t move up as my uterus continues stretching, I will need a c-section, which would ultimately mean giving birth earlier, yes. If I were to go into labor on my own, it would cause severe hemorrhaging.
  • @mrsm224 I hope it resolves in its own. If not, c-sections are not as scary as some people make them out to be.
  • @mrsm224 Would you react differently to the spinal vs. epidural?
  • @katy0990 I’m not sure, honestly. That’s something I’ll have to ask the doctor. It hadn’t even crossed my mind!
  • mamajudec2018mamajudec2018 member
    edited September 2018
    @mrsm224 I'm sorry and thank you for explaining. Well I will definitely be praying for this situation! Most women in my life have had c-sections and have had great experiences and recoveries. Also, I have had a number of abdominal surgeries and recovery isn't bad at all. I know it's still scary and unknown but maybe those things will encourage you. I'm sorry about not being able to pick up your son. That would be hard.
  • @hannelorre I'll be thinking of you this Monday, good luck! Try to get lots of sleep :)

@flamingomomma you are definitely doing what is best!  I wish you all the best.  You are so strong!

@temmetime my fundal height is measuring 2 weeks ahead, but I have a short torso.  Doc wasn't concerned but I guess if it continues measuring ahead they'll probably do a growth ultrasound.  I'm not too worried if the doctor isn't. You should be fine. 

@mrsm224 I hope your previa resolves. My sister had 2 c- sections (she also does terrible with the epidural and anesthesia!) but she's doing great and has 2 healthy  happy girls.  Even if you do end up going that route, it's obviously what is best for you and baby  even if it's not ideally what you wanted.  Sending good thoughts!
  • kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited September 2018
    I failed my 1 hour GD test too :'( .  I'm kinda mad because I took it on Monday and I had to call to get the results just now -- shouldn't they have gotten the results and called me if they were abnormal already?  I scheduled the 3 hour test for Monday morning, so I'll be there with you @hannelorre.  Fingers crossed for both of us.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd that's terrible that they didn't even let you know! I got an electronic message the same evening. Fx for good results on Monday for both of us!!!

@scaredunprepared thank you!! 
  • @Katzalia fingers crossed for your results!
  • @Katzalia Good luck to you with your 3 hour!  If you do throw up do they make you do it again?  I'm a little worried about that since the drink made me feel nauseous.

Pregnancy Ticker
    edited September 2018
    For others who failed the one hour... I found this chart that lists the percentages of women who went on to fail the 3 hour based on their 1 hour reading levels.  
    One-Hour Screening Result Percentage of Women Diagnosed With GD
    140-145 mg/dl 18% had gd
    146-150 mg/dl 20% had gd
    151-155 mg/dl 30.5% had gd
    156-160 mg/dl 34% had gd
    161-165 mg/dl 34.4% had gd
    166-170 mg/dl 29% had gd
    171-175 mg/dl 45% had gd
    176-180 mg/dl 55% had gd
    181-185 mg/dl 41% had gd
    186-190 mg/dl 67% had gd
    191-195 mg/dl 67% had gd
    196-200 mg/dl 64% had gd
    201-225 mg/dl 85% had gd
    226+ mg/dl
    100% had gd

I'm in the 29% group (reading was 168) though it's a bit odd that the three groups below that one have higher percentages.  It's just based on one study and I'm not sure what the sample size was.  It still makes me feel a little better about my chances on the three hour test, but I'm pretty nervous anyway.  I almost wish I hadn't found out today since I'm going to be worried about it all weekend.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd Good luck on Monday! That is terrible that they didn’t call you right away.
    @katzalia FX for good results!
  • @kadeephd unfortunately if you full-on throw up they make you do it over. That’s why I was doing a happy dance about keeping that nasty ish down. I did have one mouthful come up, but it was toward the end just before the last draw, and they didn’t make me redo. Same thing happened with my first pregnancy, but that time they really debated about making me retake. 
    edited September 2018
    @Katzalia Ugh that is awful.  Glad you were able to keep almost all of it down and they aren't making you redo it.  If the test is really horrible and I throw up, I might just ask to be treated like I have GD to avoid doing it again.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Katzalia So glad you didn't throw up - I had no idea they make you do it over if you do! Good thing you dodged that bullet and fingers crossed for good results!

@kadeephd and @hannelorre Good luck with your 3 hour tests! Sending you luck!
  • @kadeephd I think you can also monitor your blood glucose as if you had GD for a week or so as the test if the 3 hr doesnt work out. I'm hoping it goes ok!