October 2018 Moms

Randoms 9/15

I know we are slowing down over here, but I thought a random thread from the current month might be nice.

Re: Randoms 9/15

• @mamabearcj ah I can’t believe your babies come next week!!!! Glad you guys enjoyed your date day!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamabearcj ahhh so excited for you!!
  • That’s so exciting!
  • @jengibre_zorro omg so with you on the cider. I had a cup at a festival last weekend and drank it before I realized it wasn't pasteurized and I literally can't stop thinking about it now. 
  • @KFrob i feel you...this is baby #5 for us but i feel like i am so much more nervous/anxious this time. i think part of it is just the timing with everything else in life. i don't remember being so thrown by having to keep our schedules flexible while we wait for baby to make its arrival! it sounds funny but i keep thinking how strangely inconvenient it is to not know and how any other major life event requires so much detailed planning and with this we are looking at a window of a month or more!  :D
  • @KFrob - is he in anyway known for his predictions?  
  • @jengibre_zorro I have no idea!  I'll have to check on this haha.  

@norahkate I think that's part of it!  With DD I didn't feel like she needed to come in a time frame.  This time we're in the process of moving and DH's coaching gig has restarted for the year so I feel like she needs to come at a certain time on a convenient day of the week!   
  • I'm really starting to stress out about how to handle hospital visitors. We are going to have DD be the first one to come meet him, but I don't know how to handle grandparents after that. Should we just tell them DD is going to come meet him first and then just don't say anything else about when they can come visit? I don't know how long she will want to stay with us. She might stay five minutes or she might stay several hours. I just don't want to set a time for visitors to start coming and then have them all show up at exactly that time. Ugh, I am really overthinking this. It probably doesn't even matter. 
  • @jengibre_zorro I hope you have fun Wednesday!! It was a good day and I'm glad we did something! 
    +1 on the apple cider!! Cant get enough and it's so expensive)': 
    @kfrob sounds like a mild allergic reaction if your itching after drinking it? Maybe?? My cats been super clingy too lately!! Sleeping with us, sit on the bath mat while I shower, or in the counter when I'm brushing my teeth, if he's inside the house he's in eye sight lol he's starting to pick up something is about to happen. I'm curious how he'll do with two babies soon.

• @KFrob I am also way more nervous.  I think it's because DS was born TODAY and three weeks early.  We weren't expecting it so I think I didn't have as much of that anticipation factor.  I am excited I made it this far, but I am ready for this baby to come.  The anticipation is killing me alot more this time and I think it's because we already had a baby at this point AND like @norahkate pretty much said, it affects more than just me and DH this time.

@acciocoffee I don't think you are overthinking it.  I was just telling some friends that I don't want visitors at the hospital.  We only allowed our parents and siblings last time.  I am stressing about DS though, just like you are.  I want it to be a special moment for our little family and not have grandparents hovering around, so I am not sure what to do either.  I may just tell them to come to the waiting room, then have DH go out and get DS and tell them we will let them know when we are ready.  Who knows how long that will be! DS is only ~2.5 and from what I have heard they don't tend to dwell on the baby for very long.  It probably depends on how old your DD is.

• As some of you mentioned, I agree that the most nerve wracking thing to me is not knowing when he will arrive. I will be 35 weeks this week so realistically we are getting close to the “anytime” timeframe. I was convinced I would go over my due date since this is our first, but both my sister and friend went a week early just recently with their first babies. I agree with @norahkate that this is such a big life event, it would be nice to be able to plan a little more accurately!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Cross post from FB - Non baby related, but Target is having a sale 40% off Halloween costumes/accessories and some Halloween candy bags (one day sale.) Seems like a good sale given how much that stuff can cost! I saw the promo on the app - so check there for details!
  • @chopchop25 That's a really good idea actually. Especially if they ask us in advance when we will be allowing visitors. 
    @meltonjl That's my issue too! I don't want the grandparents interfering with what should be a special moment for us. Even if DD throws a tantrum the entire time, I want it to be our special memory of her being a butt. She is also really obsessed with her grandparents, so selfishly I don't want to share her attention with them. It would really hurt my feelings if she spent the entire time sitting in a grandma's lap instead of spending time with me. I'm hoping we can just have my mom bring her up to the hospital and either drop her off or sit in the waiting room for a while so we can have some time. DD is only 3, so I'm sure she won't last super long before she is asking for snacks or wanting to watch a movie. I don't really care who visits after that, but I might have my mom come back first and take a couple pictures for us before anyone else shows up.
  • @acciocoffee OMG! DS is OBSESSED with Gigi! When she's around, it's like I don't even exist.  It's been helpful the last couple of weeks because of the issues I have had with limited activity and the pre-term labor, but I am feeling the same as you.  I just worry if she's there he's going to be so obsessed with her attention, that I won't even matter.  Also, because he is so obsessed I worry what that means when Gigi holds the baby, etc...
  • @meltonjl We have a Gigi too actually! I'm glad I'm not the only one worried about sharing my toddler's attention. I sometimes get jealous of her obsession with the grandparents when I'm thinking rationally, so I can't imagine what might happen when I'm all full of post-birth hormones. I'm also with you in worrying about her reaction if a grandparent is holding the baby and ignoring her. She's always been fine in the past with her grandparents holding other babies and playing with other kids, but this might be different for her. I need this kid to just come out soon or I'm going to stress about these things for the next 4 weeks. 
  • Oh man, DD is going to lose her mind when she sees Grandma holding the new baby.  They are very close and Grandma spoils her rotten.  Grandma is a self declared "baby thief" and wants all the baby snuggles, all the time.  I didn't even think about how this is going to go down until now. 
  • For us it's really hard to plan about SS. If I go into labor while he's with us, my in-laws will probably watch him. If he's still with us when baby comes, we'll have my in-laws bring him right away. I'll probably ask that he get a bit of time with just the family before they come in. If he's with his mom, there's no telling when he will get to see baby. Depending on what they're doing, he might not even see baby till we are back home.

My mom will be with me in the L&D room, so she'll get to see G right away. We will let my inlaws know when I go into labor and keep them updated. We'll let them come visit as soon as I'm feeling well enough (which might be with SS). My siblings (especially my youngest sister) will want to come as soon as possible, but I might have to play that one by ear. She can be a bit much (she's 10). 

I also have to figure out my dad's side. Which might not be until I'm home.
  • @kfrob that is pretty amazing and sounds incredibly adorable. Is he in a chicken phase, just liked the costume, or what do you think inspired that?
  • She just saw the chicken costume and became inspired.  Last year she was a llama so IDK why this surprises us.  DH was really pushing for a Wonder Woman or Bat Girl costume this year but she's not sold.  
  • @KFrob I personally like the chicken and llama better. Much more original (and more hilarious) than a Wonder Woman or Bat Girl.

I'm pretty bummed that I'll not get to go see the new Mary Poppins movie in theaters. I just watched the trailer and oddly excited about it.
  • I'm starting to tell people that if they want to visit me in the hospital, they gotta text DH and verify it's a good time and get on the schedule lol. I don't want more than 3 visitors at a time. 
  • I’m so with those of you who are feeling in awe that baby can come at any time. I’ll be 38 weeks Wednesday and I’m huge and baby is definitely out of space! I keep wondering if today is the day. It’s crazy that it could be today or in 3 weeks. It’s driving me a little nuts!!!
  • @hannaht8516 +1 to being excited for that one! (lin-manuel miranda? awesome!!)
    but it doesn't come out until mid-december i believe, so that seems doable even if you are not due until the end of october? (sorry, i can't keep track). or even if you don't have anyone around who can watch baby, you could go by yourself and leave baby home. i love solo movie dates. 
  • I'm starting to tell people that if they want to visit me in the hospital, they gotta text DH and verify it's a good time and get on the schedule lol. I don't want more than 3 visitors at a time. 
    I don't think more than 3 people will fit in my recovery room!
  • @sammierose464 yup, same. Hence the limit  :#
  • @norahkate +1 for Lin Manuel fan! Did you see he's coming out with a book shortly (available for pre-order) of his Gmorning Gnight tweets? I am in LOVE with them and can't wait for the book. Ordered it for Christmas presents for a few people, too
  • This is why I'm glad I haven't told anyone where I'll be delivering. Not that I think that many people will show up at once, but you never know!
    On the topic of delivery, my sister is kind of getting on my nerves. She told me months ago that she would be the child care I need for ODD while delivering + in the hospital but a few weeks ago she started saying things like "Well I'll just take her to Granny's house so I can come to the hospital if you need me to!" and keeps mentioning just dropping ODD off at my grandmother's house. That wasn't the plan. If I wanted my grandma to babysit ODD, I would have asked HER lol. Now I'm stressing out trying to come up with a new solution.
    Plus for the past month, I literally can only get her to respond to me if she thinks that I'm in labor. She ignores all of my other texts / messages. Baby hungry much?
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves That would turn me off completely. I'd look for different child care and not bother telling her until baby is here.