April 2019 Moms
Options

My partner is awesome because...

... he’s hired his little sister to do 3 hours of housework a week for us. Which is good because the floors haven’t been mopped since July. 🙏🏻

Re: My partner is awesome because...

• Options
    Last night when we were running errands I said a milkshake sounded good and he decided that the next errand would be to get milkshakes pronto. He also cooked dinner last night.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He's been making sure I always have a cold glass of water next to me since I told him how worried I was about my troubles staying hydrated.
  • Options
    Even though it made him late for his plans, he bought me 12 pickles from Erik’s deli last night because he knew I was craving them.
  • Options
    He’s been cooking for me when I’ve been too sick, checking on me throughout the day, and giving me extra snuggles. I almost cried when he came and rubbed my back while I was throwing up.

he lets me nibble his food too  <3

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    He's kicking his own ass to try to fix some problems with our house before bad weather/winter.  I'm barely keeping up with the day to day chores, so adding any additional projects to my list would destroy me right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    While I was passed out on the couch after family fun day, he fed the almost 5yo, cleaned up the kitchen and started laundry 😍
    Anniversary TTC since Oct 2009
    PCOS
    BFP June 3,2012
    Partial Molar Pregnancy :(
    D&C July 12, 2012
    Forced 6 month break.
    BFP January 13, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll second the back rubs while puking my guts out. 
    Also because he works so hard to make our baby's and my life so nice. 
  • Options
    He always does the dishes if they are still left to be done (95% of the time) and never complains about it. He is a great dad and does the whole bedtime routine most nights to give me.a break. Also to bond with our daughter. His work ethic and work and home are above average and his heart is fully in it. 
  • Options
    He is currently singing a DD-themed parody of Somewhere Over the Rainbow to DD and getting her down for breakfast. 
  • Options
    He’s the reason I want kids. He LOVES kids, and they love him. I often find him playing in the sandbox or on the playground with the littles at big family parties. He is so so patient and fun with them and I want that so bad for our LO. 
    He also makes sure to always point out cute dogs to me when he sees them... if that isn’t love... hahaha
  • Options
    He has been cleaning the house this weekend with minimal complaining about me being tired (I still get some eyes rolls from him lol). He even cleaned the bathroom floors! He has also been helping with DS and his TERROBLE TWOS more. I am 99.9% the more patient one but he realizes that by the weekend I am at my  breaking point with tantrums 
  • Options
    batmama31batmama31 member
    edited September 2018
    he hasn't bitched once about all the things I've stopped doing since coming down w/ all the 1st tri symptoms. my morning sickness hits the worst in the evenings, leaving almost all dinners to him. he even cleans the kitcken, leaving only the dishes that go in the dishwasher to me (b/c he knows I can't stand how he loads the dishwasher). he'll hand-wash what he knows doesn't get dishwashed. 

and last night I found out that he has been putting off college work to pick up my slack. he finally confessed to me last night that he's gonna have to drop his class this semester and pick back up next semester. guys, I've been so consumed w/ self-pity that I had no idea he was falling behind!!  :'( I feel like the worst wife ever. he's always so cool & collected. he gave no indication that anything was amiss. 

ETA: I haven't been able to return the favor (sexual or otherwise) and he hasn't said a word!! 
  • Options
    @batmama31 aww you’re not a bad wife, you can’t know something without communication about the problem! However, if he’s just missed a few deadlines and you guys think it would be possible for him to catch back up, he should talk to the professor. The prof might be willing to help with out with some extensions etc. it’s still very early in the semester. Just don’t let him wait until the end. Once it’s time for final grades it’s much harder to get flexibility or fix things. 
  • Options
    He makes me feel capable of handling all the things life throws at us. Unexpected kid a month into dating? We handled it.  Losing my job while pregnant? We handled it. Him getting laid off when DS was under a year? We handled it. He's the reason I know we can handle this twin business.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @professormama, thanks :) he's in an adult evening program. it's one class every 8 weeks. he's pretty touchy about school as a whole, so I know not to push the issue. he says he's already discussed it w/ his counselor and he'd rather pick back up "the right way" next semester w/ a new group.  :/ at least by then all these symptoms should subside, and I can be the support he needs. 
  • Options
    Because even though I know he's stressed and frustrated with me for completely dropping the ball on everything and basically putting him last on my list of priorities (baby, my dad's stroke rehab, fetus, work, then H - poor guy), he's still been as helpful as he can with doing things around the house and will go out at the drop of a hat to get me anything I want.  Plus he's been really good about biting his tongue when I get a little crazy.  I'm really going to owe him once things settle down.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    He has been rubbing my feet whenever I ask (usually after a crazy day at work or lots of walking, he took DD on a car ride yesterday because she was nap striking and I needed to nap, and he's been picking up the slack on cooking and been taking DD out to the park and stuff so I can rest in the evenings. He drives me batty, but I am a lucky girl to have him.
  • Options
    He's picked up 90% of the housekeeping and cooking slack while I've been nauseous and lazy!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Even though our girls are not his biological children he is their Daddy. This week while my oldest DD has been in the hospital he has stepped up to the plate more that I could ever even expect or ask for. I am truly grateful! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    He is amazing because through everything he tells me I’m beautiful and I mean the world to him. He does anything I ask of him and will listen to any baby trivia I have. 
    He is the man I’ve been looking for my whole life. 
  • Options
    He could tell I was annoyed, so he encouraged me to air my petty grievances, and just listened and said he would fix all of them. Smart man <3 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    He does 100% of the laundry and a majority of the rest of the housework