December 2018 Moms

Weekly Check-In (EDD 12.1 and earlier - 12.8)

2»

Re: Weekly Check-In (EDD 12.1 and earlier - 12.8)

• How far along are you?
    28 weeks 5 days!

How are you feeling?  Any new symptoms or still-annoying old ones?
    Just starting to feel big. And like I really need to get back to doing my yoga and squats. It's been about 3 weeks since I did anything consistently, but I've just been so run-down lately.

Rants/Raves/Dear Diary
    Our chest freezer was finally delivered yesterday! We were supposed to get it a week ago but it ended up going to the wrong state. So excited to start filling it up though!

GTKY:  I'm stealing from the other check-ins, but also adding.  What's on deck for dinner this week?  OR if you're not a weekly meal planner, is there something you are looking forward to making/eating this fall?
    DH usually does the cooking, but we try to meal plan. Last night was steak fajitas which were sooo good! Tonight is BBQ and homemade mac & cheese with brussel sprouts. I think tomorrow is going to be a leftover night b/c we have lasagna left over from a few days ago, and some edamame and potato salad and just stuff that needs to be cleaned out of the fridge!
    As for fall stuff in general, we usually make a lot of pasta in the fall! Tomorrow we are actually supposed to make some homemade ravioli - some with sausage and some with butternut squash - to vacuum seal and throw in the freezer for baby time. 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• kadeephd said:
    Mushrooms in chili is gross due to the texture of mushrooms when they are cooked a lot (kinda rubbery) but I put all kinds of other veggies and beans in there.  Definitely corn, usually carrots and peppers, sometimes sweet potatoes.  Granted I don't put meat in mine, so I feel like it would be a bit insubstantial if it was just tomatoes, chiles, and onion.
    Sorry stalking random threads but my favorite chili is basically what @kadeephd said (onion, tomato, chilies, corn, sweet potatoes, carrots, bell peppers and beans!) Sometimes I add ground turkey if I want more protein and I like mine thick. 

Cant wait to make chili and soup!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @hoosiermama-2 omg chilli and Mac and cheese sounds so good right now!! I wonder how my heartburn would be.. mmmm
  • How far along are you?
    28 weeks, 4 days! I'm pretty excited for 30 weeks to come along. I'll feel really accomplished then.

How are you feeling? Any new symptoms or just annoying old ones?
    My symptoms have been fairly mild. I have some back pain and getting comfortable in bed is sometimes hard. The heartburn is really minimal lately, which is awesome. Maybe baby has stopped growing hair. Mostly I've been dealing with anxious/depressive symptoms. I talked to my OB about it and am setting up an appointment with a therapist who appears to specialize in perinatal/postpartum mood disorders.

R/R/Q/DD?
    My husband's 30th birthday is coming up at the end of the month and I am really wanting to make it special. I haven't started preparing for it so I need to get on that!

GTKY: Food
    MH does all the cooking, both because he's better at it and because he enjoys it. He's mostly been cooking for himself this past week as I haven't been really into dinner lately. I am looking forward to chili and beef stew this fall. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday so I'm also looking forward to absolutely everything to do with that!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Texas Chili is pretty much just meat, spices, and tomato paste.  It's delicious  :p:p:p:p:p

@binxybaby Any ideas yet for your DHs party?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t I'm throwing him a party. I'm going to decorate with tons of balloons and fun decorations. It'll be a carry in/potluck, but I'll provide a cake and a couple other food things. His love language is gift giving though so I'm sure he expects a gift of some sort as well. I'm currently stumped on that front.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @mag1cbeli3ver Thanks for asking/remembering! Unfortunately, I won't be able to squeeze shooting my short film in before this baby - still needs another month of work on the script then a month to fundraiser, then a month to prep/secure locations and crew, and a couple weeks to shoot, but, in great news, I will definitely be able to finish the script and plan the fundraising pitch before baby, so it'll all be ready to go when I'm ready in the spring or summer! I'm excited that part will be done at least!
  • I just tried Mac n cheese in my chili... YUM! DH won't even try it which means more for me!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • texas_t said:
    Texas Chili is pretty much just meat, spices, and tomato paste.  It's delicious  :p:p:p:p:p

@binxybaby Any ideas yet for your DHs party?
    No beans?!
  • @texas_t Wait, I have to learn about this no beanTexas style chili, as a person who likes chili but always eats around the beans. 
  • Since I'm not entirely sure where we can thoroughly congratulate Miss @hkom I'm going to do it here. Congrats on your little guy! From what I've read so far, it sounds like he is doing really well. I know you have a hard road ahead (especially emotionally), but I know you'll rock it! Congrats again!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave