December 2018 Moms

Check in 9.11 (EDD 12.24-12.31+)

katy0990katy0990 member
edited September 2018 in December 2018 Moms

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

GTKY: What’s for dinner this week?

Re: Check in 9.11 (EDD 12.24-12.31+)

• katy0990katy0990 member
    edited September 2018

24 weeks, 1 day, so a cantaloupe 

I’m feeling pretty good, just some back pain and thigh numbness by the end of the day if I stand too much.

I am really looking forward to my appointment today. I have not gotten to see the OB who delivered my son yet and I see her today. I have some questions about RCS vs. VBAC that I really want to discuss with her, since she was there for my last delivery.

Monday: https://www.kevinandamanda.com/southwestern-fiesta-chicken/

Tuesday: Grilled chicken salads

Wednesday: Crockpot Chicken Parm

Thursday: Leftovers 

Friday: Burgers

• How far along are you? How big is baby?

25+1. Cauliflower?

Feeling pretty good this week, minus sharp pubic pain (discussed below)! Just more tired than usual, otherwise trying to keep it all together. Feeling insane amounts of emotions past week or so...every little thing makes me anxious or upset or leaves me crying somehow.  :s

I just made an appt for tomorrow with my Dr. to discuss the sharp pain on my pubic bone when I walk/move/exercise. I initially asked her in the patient portal (kind of assuming she'd just brush it off as round ligament and nothing to worry about), but instead she said she wants to examine me soon. I'm glad she's being extra cautious! Hoping it's nothing/just round ligament and not my pelvis trying to separate or something crazy. I've heard that can happen after birth sometimes? Has anyone heard of that? I guess that's also related to SPD which I think a few people have mentioned here before...hoping I don't have that, but if I do, I guess I'll deal! 

Hmm, I usually don't plan out my weekly meals (but perhaps I should once it's more than just me and my husband), but...

Tuesday/Tonight--have some smoked fish with carrot chips and roasted broccoli 

Wednesday--Probably beef medallions with potatoes and carrots

Thursday--Some type of chicken with a riced cauliflower "risotto" and green beans

Friday--Leftover chicken put into a spinach or kale salad? Honestly, who KNOWS. I don't even know what I'm eating for lunch  :D

• Loading the player...
  • @katy0990 Good luck at your appt! I hope you get some more insight into whether a RCS or VBAC is the best route for you. Which one are you leaning towards?

24w3d, zucchini or cantaloupe

I feel good. I've been feeling pressure on my.. I guess pelvis? today. I think she is for sure head down.

Dear Diary: Poor DS is fighting a cold. :( He had a very low grade fever yesterday the daycare told me. When we check at home, it was normal. They said since he didn't have an actual fever he could go to daycare today. I heard from them about 20 minutes ago and she said he is laying around and crying but his temp is 99. He is just REALLY moody today and he slept like crap last night. :( I just want my poor baby to feel better. He got send home Friday because is temp was 100.1 they thought he had HFM. DH took him to the doctor and he confirmed HFM but he never really got sores or anything like that and his fever was gone by the time I checked it at 5:30pm and he hadn't had any medicine. I'm not sure he actually had HFM, thought she did see some small red bums on his hand and feet. He may have had something in his mouth, but I didn't see it.

Rave: DH got a new job! Pretty sure he will be making less which sucks but he will be working less, so he'll be making more per hour. DS and I will actually get to see and spend time with him! AND he will have Sunday's off again. WOOHOO! He is going to step down as manager, but still work for them delivering pizzas a couple nights a week for some extra $$.

Last night I had DH grab a chicken, bacon, ranch pizza.

Tonight we are having lemon garlic pork tenderloin, mac and cheese, and veggies.

I have no idea what we are having the rest of the week. I don't usually decide until the night before or that day. Tomorrow will be something simple since I have Bible study.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • katy0990 said:

How far along are you? How big is baby? 25 weeks, size of a cauliflower

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Ok, having a lot more back pain and round ligament pain. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? It’s finally cold out and I love it!! Loving the fall weather and return to my uniform of oversized sweaters and leggings. 

Last night was Trader Joe’s chimichurri soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Tonight- green potato soup (kind of like zuppa toscana from OG) and breadsticks. 

Wednesday- Swedish meatballs and egg noodles.

Thursday- working late boys fend for themselves. 

Friday- oven roasted curried chicken with butternut squash and Brussel sprouts. 

Saturday- take out

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • @katy0990 I hope your appointment goes well and you get the information you want!!

@shevsky I don't meal plan either. I feel like I need to, but I also feel like I don't have the time to plan out meals. Good luck with your appointment!! Please update us. I've been having pressure, but no pain, so I'm interested to hear what she tells you.

@misscheapandchic I am loving that it is cooling off. It's not cold here, but it's cooler so it's nice. It's gloomy and rainy though, which sucks.

• @shevsky I hope it turns out to just be RLP, but I am glad your doctor is taking you seriously.

@AdorkablePixie I hope your son feels better soon! That is wonderful that your H will be home more. I know in the past you have indicated that he works a lot.

@misscheapandchic I’m also loving this fall weather!

AFM  I had a great appointment today. The Doctor I love, who also delivered my son will be available the week between Christmas and New Year.  I was worried because I know she has small kids and I wasn’t sure if she would want to take some time off for the holidays. We had a great discussion and she went back and looked up my records. At this point, I will have an ultrasound around 37 weeks to check on the baby’s position and size. If the baby appears large or to be stuck again, we will go ahead and schedule a RCS and that will be the plan no matter what.  If neither of those issues are present, if I go into labor on my own, I will try for a VBAC.  She was very clear that I can opt for a c-section, at any point, so if I’m not progressing, I won’t be in labor for 40 hours again and I can avoid the internal monitors.  If I do not go into labor on my own by 38 weeks, we will go ahead and schedule a C-section for most likely the 27th or 28th.  I feel very comfortable with this plan. 

24+5 cantelope? I am having a hard time taking these fruits/vegbies seriously because they seem all out if order, size wise  

I’m exhausted and irritable. I don’t know how much of that is pregnancy vs being seriously overworked. The reflux is worse but no vomiting the past two days, so counting small victories.  

My kid started pre-K and is distressed because she doesn't know how to do everything yet in her new class. Wishing I could help her be less anxious about it but she doesn’t seem to be reassured by what I have to say.  

GTKY: What’s for dinner this week

Umm, I should know this, right?

Mon - pasta with veggies + salad

Tues - pick up pizza + salad 

Weds - Fri - no idea what's for dinner but I definitely think we should have it. Probably grilled chicken on the barbeque on Thurs or Fri. 

• @Katzalia Yes, the fruits do not make any sense to me! I hope your DD adjusts to her new class soon!
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 23+1 ,  I should know this lol

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Pretty good overall. Insomnia and hip pain at night. 

DD decided to go on a nap strike for 2 days. Thankfully she did nap today. 

Honey garlic chicken w/ carrots and potatoes

Pork chops with salad

Chicken tacos

Pork tenderloin

• @gorgeousariel What is it about this week? My DS also refused his nap for the past 2 days, but thankfully did nap today. I also feel you on the insomnia. So annoying! I hope you get some rest tonight!

• @shevsky hopefully it's nothing, but glad you'll be getting some answers.  And emotional is normal ;)  I'm definitely full of tears lately. 

@AdorkablePixie sorry your son is sick, hopefully he feels better soon and everyone else avoids it.  Yay for YH getting a new job that allows more time at home!  You'll manage financially and make the pay difference work :)

@katy0990 so glad you and your OB have come up with a solid plan that you feel confident about!

@Katzalia sorry about the exhaustion and reflux. I'm in the same boat. It's adorable that your daughter is so worried about not being able to do everything yet. She'll learn that that's normal! I also have no idea what's for dinner...we just eat the same thing all week...

@gorgeousariel yummy! Those dinners sound delish. 

In fact, everyone's dinners sound so good.  I'm bored of food lately because my choices are limited to bland, boring, blah with my stupid heartburn. 

25+2. Cauliflower apparently, but I don't really know.  @shevsky I guess we are due date twins?  12/24?

Same as usual:  Back pain, general discomfort, peeing 955x per night, some insomnia, terrible heartburn, can't really do my personal grooming anymore (lol thanks @morgantu for pushing me to discover that).  You know, all the normal pregnancy joys that make us glow.  Right?

I am very grateful to our wonderful veterinarian, oncologist, and surgeon for being honest and open with us, and for spending a very long time with us as we reviewed our options for our dog's cancer treatment. They were all so understanding and empathetic. I wish human doctors were the same!

FFC:  we literally only make one meal per week, usually on Sunday, and eat leftovers all week.  I call it meal prepping, but really it's just laziness, and the reality is I don't get home from work until way too late most nights to cook.  This week was multicultural dinner: jamaican jerk grilled chicken with coconut sticky rice, black beans, Puerto Rican tostones, and grilled veggies.  But I can't even eat the jerk chicken :( 

I have no idea what meal we will make next! 

• @katy0990 That's great!! I am glad you have a plan that you're happy with. Thank you, he slept through the night last night, so maybe that means he will be feeling at least a bit better today!! Fingers crossed.

@Katzalia I agree. Some weeks the foods they say the baby is the size of make no sense. I'm not a dinner planner either, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I just go with the flow and end up making just whatever I feel like eating that day. haha

@gorgeousariel Your dinner choices for the week sound so good! Would sleep with a pillow between your legs help with the hip pain? I know with DS I started sleeping with a pillow between my legs at some point and it helped a lot.

@scaredunprepared I love leftovers. We have leftover pizza from dinner Monday night that DH and I will eat for dinner tonight before I run off to Bible study (unless he is still sick, in which case we will stay home) and we have leftovers from dinner last night that we will probably have for dinner tomorrow. lol No shame! I'm so sorry about your dog, I somehow missed that he/she has cancer. I wish human doctors were as good as veterinarians as well. I guess maybe as a human doctor they just get desensitized or something.

• @scaredunprepared I’m glad the doctors were supportive. Did you come up with a plan of care?
  • Happy Hump Day! 

How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks today woopwoop! Ear of corn - weird

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? Pretty good. Major reflux bad had all day night with both my boys. Majorly uncomfortable end of day near the top of my ribs at night and when doing too much pains in lower stomach. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Meh nope...just want time to pass since 5 weeks feels like a long time to go without hearing a heart beat. 

GTKY: What’s for dinner this week? Hm..made stuffed peppers - one liked, one hated. Made lumpia - same thing one hated, one liked :) Story of life. I need to think of something else for tonight but no clue. Some nights I just need easy after work and sports running. 

Two guess what ladies...hold on to your hats this is straight horribly gross. You know the squirrel I thought I had. All day night scratching? Well sunday night a 1 inch  white larva falls from my bathroom vent. I nearly died. Then again monday but black this time. I was freaking out called the squirrel guy back at 11 that night saying come back before I burn this house down. Well it wasn't a squirrel, mouse or dead animal. Instead we had European Hornets build a HUGE Nest above out ceiling. Their are so many they were eating away at the wood/paper in the ceiling and their bodily fluids coming through the ceiling. Ugh I want to puke. Long story short had to have holes drilled in ceiling and outside the house to kill. Now have to have the ceiling removed, guys will come back and get the nest once dead and have all that crap repaired. What I didn't know is these hornets don't loose their stingers but keep stinging and blind their prey. So, with having a kid with mastocytosis and larva coming through the vets we had to seal off the bathroom so none got in. Going to be a fun mess to deal with. 

@shevsky never heard of the pubic pain but god it's really so hard to know if something is wrong or normal. I hope it's nothing!

@AdorkablePixie hope your son recovers fast! I like anything ranch! Congrats on your husbands new job :)

@katy0990  yum I love ANYTHING Mexican! 

@Katza hang in there! I bet she will adjust soon especially meeting new buddies and all. 

@gorgeousariel I don't know how people survive with no naps. I have a 4 & 6 year old and you don't have to nap on the weekend but you go to your room for quiet time bc this mama is taking a power nap! But when they are younger I know it's not that easy. 

misscheapandchic your cooking sounds amazing. Can you come to my house please!!??

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @mcgeeva OH MY GOSH!!! That's like worst case scenario right there. Ugh. I am so sorry you guys have to deal with that.

As far as DH job goes when he told his manager he was stepping down in two weeks he set up a meeting with DH, himself, and HIS manager because they really don't want him to leave. They told him if they'd stay they'd make it work for him. He said they've hired two managers who will be working in that store under him, both have previous manager experience and DHs manager said he'd also help in the store. He didn't tell me whether or not he is going to stay or not. I assume he needs to think about it. I kinda hope he sticks with taking this new job and just working a couple days doing deliveries. I honestly don't believe his hours will improve much and if he ends up turning down the new job, they're not going to let him change his mind..

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 24+4, I think.  Delicious cantaloupe!

How are you feeling this week? Any new symptoms? +1 to insomnia and hip pain.  I can't believe how much my restful sleep is being impacted already!

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?  Baby girl's fetal echo went amazingly well yesterday!  It was the best, most welcomed news ever!  And she moved from breach 3 weeks ago to hanging out transverse now, so I have hope that she'll slowly make her way to head down in due time.

GTKY: What’s for dinner this week?  We are trying out a new meal delivery box company this week.  Last night we had a Chicken Ranch Taco Salad and it was delicious.  We have a feta and herb crusted salmon and pork egg roll in a bowl left.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mcgeeva Ewww! Yuck! I’m glad they figured it out, though.

@AdorkablePixie  good luck to you and your husband as you make this decision. 

@tunnel I’m so glad the fetal echo went well! Chicken ranch taco salad sounds delicious!
  • @scaredunprepared YES due date twins :)  Sorry about your dog's cancer diagnosis, but that's great that you have a compassionate vet. Your weekly meal prepping sounds efficient! But I'd totally get bored/go crazy of eating the same thing every night...

@mcgeeva HOLY SMOKES, that is crazy. I would have bolted...At least the bathroom is sealed now. There's no way they could have infiltrated other parts of your house, right? That would freak me out. *shudder* 

So, quick update. I went to the doctor to check the pelvic pain. They basically said anytime a pregnant woman is having pelvic pain at this stage they like to check it out to make sure it's not preterm labor since not everyone feels contractions in the beginning. She checked my cervix and baby's heartrate and everything looked good! I felt kinda silly going in since it probably is just growing pains/stretching ligaments near the bone, etc. She said if it gets worse, come in again, but otherwise just take it easier (I tend to be a fast walker and probably am just over-doing it in general). They said it could be SPD, but not much they can do at this point. But it was reassuring to go in and know that they take everything so seriously, no matter how minor. And I had a good convo with the doctor. 

Side note: I've been having a half glass of kombucha every few days with dinner in recent weeks and just asked my doctor about it and she basically said there's not enough research out there so best to avoid. Is she just being extra precautious? I can't imagine kombucha being harmful! But I know it has a some caffeine and trace amounts of alcohol...anyone else ever drink kombucha while pregnant or is that a huge no-no that I missed? 
  • @shevsky I am glad that the pelvic pain turned out to be nothing, but that she took you seriously enough to check
  • @shevsky glad it's nothing! Also I think it can't get in the rest of the house so they say. They know im pregnant so let's hope all is good. We don't have the vents on today and yesterday in case. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @shevsky glad it was nothing! 

@katy0990 thankfully she has napped the last 2 days. I feel like we're back on our nap schedule. But how there's potty issues... Never ending

@AdorkablePixie I do sleep with a snoogle and I sleep pretty good at night. It really hurts as we're just sitting down after DD goes to sleep. 
  • @AdorkablePixie leftover pizza is the best!  I hope YH is feeling better.  Thanks for the kind words.  The whole cancer bombshell was dropped on us Monday, and we decided to take quick action.  You didn't miss it, it just all happened so fast!

@katy0990 the plan is limb amputation (which is done now) and then follow up treatment (chemo, radiation, or cannabis) if we get bad news on Monday. 

@mcgeeva stuffed peppers sound amazing! Hornets in the ceiling sound.... horrifying! Fingers crossed the problem is completely handled. 

@AdorkablePixie I hope your hubby makes the decision that would make all your lives easier.  Hopefully you can convince him ;)

@tunnel so glad the fetal echo went well!  Now you can move on and not worry any more.  

@shevsky are you hoping baby comes a week or 2 early like I am?  Or a week late?  I don't want to go into labor christmas eve or day!  I'd rather be settled already with baby, or be able to celebrate the holidays without incident!  Thank you for the support. Having great vets makes the process slightly easier.  Not going to lie, I usually get bored of our meals by Wednesday!  So glad your doc checked you out and that it didn't seem to be anything to worry about.  I drank kombucha early in pregnancy, but stopped around week 8 when i heard it may not be great for baby.  Along with bean sprouts, apparently?
  • @shevsky That's good everything checked out okay!

• @scaredunprepared I’m so sorry about your dog. How is he doing now? Also, congratulations again on getting married!
  • I feel like most of us or at least I do NOT Want a christmas baby. I either want her to come a week before or a few days after to be able to celebrate with my boys at home. But shit what are the chances?!

• @mcgeeva I am due 12/29 and I SO want her born in the new year, or even ON her due date. I do not want a Christmas baby, obviously I'd be happy either way but I'd love to spend Christmas at home, with my son. Oh course, DS was born the one day we DID NOT want him to come (It was the day Through The Looking Glass came out and I wanted to see it haha), so she may follow in his foot steps.

• Right. Well considering all the money I paid with fertility treatments I want this baby before the new year :) just not on xmas. Haha but who am I kidding we have no control. But all my kids came early so I can't fathom having this baby later then a week before due date to begin with. 

• I'm hoping to have the baby this year for out-of-pocket max reasons, but I've come to terms with the fact that if she decides to come on Christmas, that's on her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tunnel Correct me if I'm wrong, we have the same due date?

I honestly don't care when she comes. I'm sure someone will bring DS to the hospital (and bring me Christmas dinner!!) if she is born on/around Christmas. Before the new year might be nice, because of the tax deduction. lol

• I host Christmas every year so it just wouldn't be the same if I'm not there although this year instead of going all out I have a plan to no joke order lasagnas and everything so family can be there to celebrate with the kids regardless and that it doesn't ruin their holiday and no work for anyone else. 

• @mcgeeva Lasagna is my FAVORITE!!! That's a great idea.

• I also wanted the baby to come before my 12.31 due date because of our out of pocket max. Luckily, my OB won’t let me go overdue because of my prior c-section, so it I do not go into labor on my own, I will have a c-section 12.27 or 12.28 and I will most definitely be keeping my legs crossed the 22nd-25th. 
  • @scaredunprepared I think a January 1st baby would be nice :) But yeah, a Christmas Eve/Day baby isn't ideal...but, I think the chances of delivering exactly on your due date are pretty unlikely. Since this is my first, everyone says I might go late instead of early? But who knows. I forgot, is this your first too? 
  • tunneltunnel member
    edited September 2018
    @AdorkablePixie we do have the same due date!  The personal tax deduction no longer exists in 2018 since they increased the standard deduction, so you don't need to worry about that

ETA my first came 4 days early.  We will have a Christmas baby if this one follows suit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tunnel I’m curious, can you explain the tax deduction change to me?
  • edited September 2018

@tunnel There is the child tax credit though, which is what I'm referring to. I am a CPA, so I know taxes pretty well .;) But yes, I hope they change all that crap when Trump isn't president anymore because he's really screwing everyone who isn't rich.

ETA: Sorry to anyone who supports Trump. That will be my first and last comment.

• @AdorkablePixie So the child tax credit is still available for 2018?
  • @katy0990 thank you for checking in, and the well wishes. Our dog is doing as well as can be expected I guess. I'm struggling watching her struggle, though,c and second guessing our decision, even though i know it was the best choice.

@shevsky yes it's my first, too.  I honestly don't think my OB would let me go too late, but dec 31st looks good to me! Lol
  • @scaredunprepared That would be so hard! Sending creepy internet hugs your way!