November 2018 Moms

Product Spotlight Series: Keepsakes and Memorabilia (w/o 9/10)

This week's product spotlight series is on keepsakes and memorabilia! S+TMs, what types of keepsakes did you plan for your babies? Anything you recommend and will be doing again? FTMs, do you have any questions about keepsakes? 

To view past Product Spotlights or view the upcoming schedule, click this link.

(Also just a reminder that if anyone wants to revive old threads to ask questions as we get further along and it becomes more likely everyone is doing further research, please feel free!)
*TW*
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD1: 8/2014  <3
TTC #2: 6/2017
BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
DD2: 10/2018  <3

Re: Product Spotlight Series: Keepsakes and Memorabilia (w/o 9/10)

• I keep everything! lol. When DD was born my parents ordered her a special personalized box to keep special things in. I also made a shadow box of all the hospital info, receiving blanket, hat, coming home outfit. 
  • I have a big Tupperware bin that I keep her things in. Her hospital blanket, baptismal things, first day of school report, etc. I’m sure I could be more organized about it since it’s currently all just stuffed in there. I want to start making a yearly family photo book, starting with last year’s photos so she will be able to look back on our family of 3. Who know if I’ll ever get it together enough though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I basically shoved everything in a giant plastic tote lol.  I have an untouched baby book too.  I rock lol.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @wildrainbow That sounds perfect. I wish every hospital did something like that!
  • @wildrainbow I love that your hospital does that. I’m a super sentimental type, so that would be something I would find very special to have.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wildrainbow - that is so great that the hospital does that! I wonder if someone on Etsy would make something similar. That would be a great keepsake!

I'm planning to make photo books and if I ever have time to scrapbook again I would like to do that. I have an empty container I am planning to put all the other keepsakes in too. That's the plan but of course we will have to see how it goes when baby gets here.

• I make a shadowbox for each kiddo with newborn goodies ( hospital bracelet, hat, coming home outfit, etc.)

I also keep a book for each kiddo where I write them notes and have done that since they were born. Sometimes I do once a month, sometimes it’s every other month. I plan to give them the book of notes when they’re older- maybe when they’re off to college? 
  • I love the shadowbox idea. I heard about it a while ago but never got around to making one. I like scrapbooking, so most of my keepsakes are in photo albums. But DD's hospital hat and bracelets are still sitting in little plastic bags, so I'll have to look into this shadow box idea! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3