February 2019 Moms

Randoms 9/10-9/14

Re: Randoms 9/10-9/14

• I have 2 kids with strep. Ugh.
  • So of course the actively psychotic client is the one that first asks me if I am pregnant. I didn't think I was showing all that much.
  • Loading the player...
  • Please take care and be safe, everyone in the path of Florence!  <3
  • Well I gave my cold to DS. So now my big kid is curled up in bed with me with his face smashed against my back. Not totally sure how DH is gonna fit in here with us, but I’m definitely soaking up these snuggles from my typically fiercely independent big kid. 
  • @bellebaby221 NOOOOOO! DD just got off her 3rd round of antibiotics because she keeps getting strep. I just finished my antibiotic because I got tested and I'm a carrier. Praying that's the end.

Hope it goes out quickly and stays out for your household
  • My big kid is sick. Took her to the pedi after school and she has an ear infection. Not typically a big deal but she was super uncomfortable and up all.night.long. Then, overnight, she pooped herself (a lottttt) and that isn’t like her at all. Clearly her tummy is off too. It’ll be a day of couch snuggles and TV and attempting to keep her little brother off of her. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I keep getting articles on the bump app home page about feeling ten kicks an hour etc etc. Those don’t apply to us yet right? I feel some sensation that I *think* is kicking normally once a day or every other day... but def not 10 an hour or anything these articles are talking about. It’s just too early - correct? 
    Hashtag FTMprobz lol

uhg sorry for everyone with sick kiddos. This time of year is horrible!!!! 
  • @mommin135 No I think it's still way too early for any kind of kick count. Your doctor will tell you when to start counting kicks and will explain that whole process!
  • @mommin135 you don’t start counting kicks until week 26 or 28 I believe. I’m not sure why the bump is sending those articles either. 
  • @mommin135 I got the same article yesterday and it made me anxious. If the app posts the same articles for different points in pregnancy, I bet you're right around where I am (I'm 18 weeks today). That's definitely still too early, especially for a FTM, to be feeling regular kicks. I haven't felt anything yet, in fact.
  • I think week 28 for kick counts. I feel kicks here and there but no consistency and this is my 3rd so I know what it’s supposed to be like theoretically  :D
  • When I saw my doctor yesterday she said 28 weeks for kick counts. 
  • @notthecheat
    Thanks!! I've got one with tonsillitis and one with strep. The third one is throwing up. I'm thinking of power washing my house with lysol. 
  • My poor puppy. And my poor self. She stayed with a friend while we were on vacation last weekend and ate a red grape. Friend induced vomiting but while they were outside apparently they walked through a nest(?) of chigger larvae. Took a couple of days but yesterday realized she was covered in chiggers and now we both have tons of bites. Had to get her in the bath (by myself, all 50+ lbs of her, that was a sight to see) and spent all night picking them off of her. Oh and today is her oncology re-check. Rough 24 hours for her. 
  • Everyone was waxing poetic about their pregnancy pillows, and I totally get it now.   After being gone for two weeks, sleeping with it last night was amazing!!  I missed it so much.
  • Thanks guys!! I figured as much about the kicks but reassurance is nice. 

@megpants209 that sounds HORRIBKE - I’m so sorry!!!!
  • @BourbonBiscuits I hate when people randomly add me to their groups just because they want me to buy things. Especially when you get re-added after leaving! There should be a way to block that. So rude and annoying! 

@megpants209 poor puppy! :( 
  • @megpants209 That’s amazing news! I’m so happy for you and your puppy! <3
  • @megpants209 , wonderful news!!
  • @jessier19 that's just creepy.
  • @megpants209 I'm so happy for you!!!!! That's the best news! 
  • Thank you all! Still over the moon ecstatic  <3
  • I busted out the skeleton mom and baby shirt today so there wasn’t any guessing today.
    I ordered this one the other day! 

T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• @madreofdragons - so cute! Love the girly ones with the bow!
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• My ILs are still coming this weekend even after they were told we're all recovering from this week of strep hell. They said they know the risks and are willing to take the chance. Um, it wasn't about them getting sick. It was about us wanting to rest and recover. And my MIL only knows one gear and that's bat shit crazy. Help me.
  • @lzzfrancisco that’s awesome congrats!
  • Good luck @lzzfrancisco ! New starts can be oh so exhausting!