March 2019 Moms

Symptoms 9/9-9/15

The last thread I saw ended on 9/3 so I thought I would start fresh. Hopefully I haven't missed another thread.  How is everyone doing? Symptoms better/worse?
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Symptoms 9/9-9/15

• This is probably stupid but I feel like my LO is having a hard time growing because of all the gas and bloat that I'm having.  I'm basically living on gas relief, okay'd by ob and gi docs. Every night I'm still in horrbhor pain from all the gas stuck in my rib cage and abdominal cavity. Any suggestions on some relief?
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!

• meggymemeggyme member
    edited September 2018
    @violetmarie61516 are you sure it’s gas and not heart burn/acid reflux? If that’s the case you may be treating it with the incorrect medicine.

ETA: and try not to worry about your LO not growing because of that. They make their own room, despite the bloat and internal organs.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • @meggyme yes, it's definitely gas. I have gerd and I'm very familiar with the difference. It mostly bothers me on my sides, like under my rib cage. It's so painful at night.

• I wonder if that’s my issue? (not gerds, but gas) I don’t feel like I need to toot though, but dang my left side was in pain last night, my upper left quadrant. I started taking dulcolax this weekend. I’m hoping for some sort of relief. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pain in your upper left quadrant might be a pancreas issue, not gas - worthwhile to get checked out.
  • I still have that "heavy" feeling in my uterus sometimes. It feels super low... but based on how I'm looking I could swear we were already up and out of the pelvis. I'll be 15 weeks on Wednesday. I've also heard the "boys carry low" thing so I'm wondering if I've got a boy in there based on the sensation. Either way, it's super weird. Not particularly painful aside from occasional stretching pains.... just something I'm aware of at all times. 
  • We were at a wedding this weekend and I suddenly got a really painful cramping-type feeling that lasted about an hour. It was really intense pressure, almost like ovarian cyst pain if you've had those. No idea what that was about. 

SaveSave
  • Could have been a cyst. I had a cyst when I first got pregnant. 

I asked my doctor about my left side pain and she said I likely pulled a muscle. 

• I think I’m down to two main symptoms.... fatigue and headaches. I feel like I have had a headache for days on end with almost no relief from Tylenol. I’m assuming it’s half pregnancy related / half stress/tension. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @violetmarie61516 ugh girl, no advice but I sympathize for you. My last pregnancy I had had pain so bad in my chest and shoulders I thought I was going into labor. It was awful. GasX helped but not a ton. I’m so sorry!
    As far as my symptoms, I traded my tiny bit of morning sickness for headaches everyday. Yay. Belly growing and RLP a lot. Still super tired. I’m 12 weeks and most of the first tri stuff is gone except that tiredness. I almost feel not pregnant sometimes. And I swear I might be crazy but here and there I feel those random butterflies or twinges. Especially if I’m pressing on my belly. The other day my seatbelt was a little tight and right as I go to fix it I felt a very localized twinge. Am I crazy? Is this baby? I haven’t been very gassy. This is my second pregnancy but I still feel like it can’t be baby but it definitely feels like it. Anyone else?
  • I'm 12+1 today and feel like I suddenly have a bowling ball in my pelvis. This is my first pregnancy so I don't know what I'm supposed to feel but this is not pleasant and it's all the time. I do have a belly pre-pregnancy and I feel like if I lift everything (including boobs) up, a lot of the bowling ball feeling goes away. Is this normal? Is this what I should expect for the rest of the pregnancy??

• Get a pregnancy belt. It will lift your tummy and should give you relief. I had to wear one very early in my first pregnancy and it was amazing. Brought so much relief.

• The headaches for me have been brutal as well. I wish I could take Advil... Tylenol sucks and does absolutely nothing!!!!! 15 weeks tomorrow. 
  • @mamakeeg I've been feeling little twitches right above my pubic bone. I had an appointment today and the midwife said that it's common to feel them much earlier in your second pregnancy, especially if your placenta is posterior. Baby girl has been feisty today - she's kicking up a storm in there right now!
  • @bdesterhouse I'll look into one. Now I'm just more depressed though because I feel like it's just fat and no baby.

• Ugh 15 weeks on Thursday and still so nauseous... not to be tmi but I got sick this am and now I’m back on the couch because I’m feeling sick after the dinner I forced down!
  • @ashley14598 not to rain on your parade, but my ob said could hold up until 17 weeks, if it goes away. I'm there with you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @gowenc I had an anterior placenta first pregnancy and felt real kicks earlier than most first time moms with that.. but I think mostly has to do with me being pretty petite. So I wonder if I do have a posterior this time and i just know what baby movement feels like this time around. I feel so crazy but I swear it’s baby!

@violetmarie61516 I have felt the bowling ball so far with both my pregnancies. With my first I had her at 29 weeks but it never went away. I’m gonna try a belt this time too. Maternity pants with the band that goes over tummy helped me my first pregnancy but I was still really small. 
  • @ashley14598 ditto what @Kenneylynn3 said. With my first pregnancy everyone kept telling me it ended after the first trimester and for me, it just didn't, and the more I let myself believe that, the more upset I became when it didn't happen. 

Try to just take it one day at a time, knowing that with each day you're one day closer, but everyone's different. 

Its hard. Hang in there. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 @Kenneylynn3 thanks! It isn’t the easiest thing to deal with but it is reassuring to know it’s normal I guess. 

So here’s a new one, 15 weeks tomorrow for me and all evening I’ve had full on achy/minor cramps in my crotch. It is literally in my pelvis. Anyone else? Is this just normal stretching? I honestly don’t remember all the random stuff like this with my first. 
  • Symptoms are dwindling down to minor nausea, still mostly in afternoon/evenings, combined with headaches and killer insomnia around 3 am, like clockwork. I will take this over the intense MS of previous weeks & prior pregnancies. Sorry to those of you who are still sufffering through it. 

I’ve been feeling twinges & flutters for a few weeks now sporadically. Yesterday at 12-week U/S the baby was way out of my pelvis, just below my belly button. Each time the tech & doctor pressed the wand on my stomach & over the baby I could feel it moving and rolling away (and see it in the screen to confirm that it was doing exactly what it felt like it was doing.) So what I thought I was feeling for the last few weeks really was the baby moving. Probably the same for all of you who suspect you’re feeling your babies move. Very cool! 
  • Wow! I'm jealous of you ladies who can feel your baby already! I've been trying but I can't tell for sure. I'm 15 weeks, 4 days and a FTM and I have an anterior placenta, which as I understand it, makes it likely I won't feel anything until after 20 weeks.  :/ But I keep trying!
  • @mayoduck you will soon! it's one of those things where you cant wait for it to happen, then when baby is playing soccer in the middle of the night...you're like....this could have waited LOL. i hope you feel it soon, you are way closer to 20 weeks than me! 
  • @mayoduck I’m right there with you! FTM and can’t wait to feel baby move :) I’ve been really trying to feel too. A couple weeks ago I thought I felt something (even texted MH and parents about it lol) but I think it was just over excitement because I haven’t felt anything since.
  • gowencgowenc member
    edited September 2018
    The midwife at my last appointment said that it was definitely possible to feel the baby this early but not to worry if I stopped feeling her, since she's so small. All she has to do is shift a little and now she's back in a spot where I can't feel her at all. Two days ago I was getting ninja kicks all day long!
  • omg same here - FTM who is dyingggg to feel the baby! nothing yet :( i'm 15+1. i'm hoping for something soon. saw the baby kicking and moving at my 12 week U/S and heard a strong heartbeat today so i'll take what i can get! :):) 
  • @ashley14598 yes! This is my second pregnancy and I’ve had a sore groin/pelvic area for a month now and early round ligament pains. The doctor said they can come much earlier with second baby. 

So im 15 weeks Saturday and my nausea is still intense pretty much all day, still so exhausted (partly because of my toddler I’m sure), so gassy, have a meat aversion so I’m all of the sudden a vegetarian lol, sore muscles down there and round ligament pain, I’m already waddling haha. I’m honestly okay with the pains I just want to eat like a normal person again and have a little more energy. The nausea needs to go! I also have felt my baby moving around 12 weeks, that is cooler the second time around. 
  • @itsmebecky ok thanks! That makes a lot of sense! I was trying to remember when all this started before and I didn’t think it was this soon. It is reassuring to know it’s normal. I’m sorry you still aren’t eating well. I’m 15 weeks now and still getting sick too but slowly but surely my appetite is coming back and the nausea is dwindling. I hope you get to feeling better soon!