February 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Sept 9-15

Re: Weekly Symptoms Sept 9-15

• Options
    @allthingsgo- Mine came with a grey cotton cover and I never bought anything else.
  • Options
    @allthingsgo mine also came with a grey jersey cover, if it wears out I’ll probably spring for a new one (new devotee over here only washed it once so far)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Literally feels like someone has smashed my spine with a hammer at the end of the day. Headaches, constantly stuffy nose, ravenously hungry and vomiting can't back full force yesterday. I'm 18 wks today. Also, does anyone hate the snoogle? I don't get it. I wake up drenched in sweat if I sleep with it and with a crick in my neck and back all day...? Am I snoogling wrong?
  • Options
    @mindgrapes08 nope, you aren’t, I sold mine in my first pregnancy because it just became a pain in the butt, I switched to a regular pillow and some conviently places blankets and I’m much more comfortable. I would love to have loved it 
  • Options
    @mindgrapes08 I got the mini one bc I wanted to use my own pillow. I’m paranoid about my neck/head elevation because I had vertigo/BPPV earlier this year. It was my second night of using it, and im
    not totally sold yet. But I’m not sweating using it, maybe because it is smaller?
  • Options
    @allthingsgo Mine came with a cotton pillowcase too so Ive just used that. 

The only annoying part of my snoogle is getting out of it when I have to pee in the night. Its like detangling from a snakes grip ha. 
  • Options
    Are pregnancy pillows difficult to deal with if you like switching positions at night? I change between laying on my left and right side a lot before falling asleep. I’m not big enough to be uncomfortable or need extra support yet, but I know I’ll get there soon.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso for me it’s kind of a pain.... 
  • Options
    @ohsunnydays that’s what I figured. I think I’ll just try an extra, regular pillow first and see how it works out. Money saved if it does!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @grebretso it takes a special talent to flip with the pillow still in place lol.  I eventually got it but you might want to try a regular pillow between the knees.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @grebretso good luck! Fingers crossed for you. I was finding myself on my back at night, so I used about 3 pillows to stop it, and my husband barely fit in the bed  :p so I tried the new pillow and I also got a wedge. Boppy. Now that tiny thing is easy to move lol!
  • Options
    Haha, yeah I’m not a back sleeper, so that won’t be an issue for me! I’m normally a side and stomach sleeper, but obviously sleeping on my stomach is impossible to do now, accidentally and on purpose. I’m so glad I sleep fine on my sides, haven’t had to make any adjustments so far!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Oooooh yeah it is a special talent to flip over with the pillow in place. I think I roll the pillow on top of myself when I roll over. Practice makes perfect? I just have a body pillow from Target though with the fuzziest cover in the world, so I'm not sure how that would differ with another brand
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11- This is how I use the snoogle as well. ;)
  • Options
    Same here. Only I have a regular pillow on the side I don’t have the snoogle on to support my back when I’m facing the snoogle. 
  • Options
    I must have blocked out the memory of what gas pains in my rib cage feels like. Oh.my.gosh. ouch!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    speaking of pains, I had a weird one today, lower R pelvic area... reminded me of ovary pain during ovulation.  It was pretty intense and happened a few times throughout the day until I decided to go home and work from home in my pjs on the couch.  Ill have to ask the MW tomorrow... not sure if it was RLP or not...  If that's what kicks or baby pressing on things (I haven't felt baby really yet) is going to be like, oh boy we're in trouble.
  • Options
    I don’t find switching positions difficult, Ive mastered it. But i do find it doesnt help me from rolling on my back. 

Also, anyone else dealing with nose bleeds? I have never gotten one before and today everytime I blow my nose its bloody .. tmi i know
  • Options
    @lifeislove87 @ohsunnydays I'm so glad! I ended up just buying a king size pillow from Target which is now my body pillow. @BourbonBiscuits that middle of the night pillow flip truly is a skill! I leave it between my knees and roll to the other side, but it ends up pulling the covers off me with it. 🤷
  • Options
    @cali1710 the first 6 weeks of this pregnancy my nose bleed constantly. Super normal apparently! I hope yours goes away soon!

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    @AshleySparkle720 good to know, thank you! 
  • Options
    My gums are so sore! Flossing hurts
  • Options
    @allthingsgo I can hardly floss at all because of how sensitive my gums are! 

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    Fried chorizo tacos might have been a bad idea. I made a splatter painting of burn up my arm and am a dragon tonight. 
  • Options
    Puking is my favorite

Said nobody ever
  • Options
    I am leaking pee like crazy. Been an issue since I was pregnant with DD but it’s so much worse right now. I’m 90% sure after I pee it’s getting trapped in my urethra and slowly leaking out afterwards. All the leaning and waiting isn’t helping much. Ima be in depends full time by 35.
  • Options
    @madreofdragons
    I have the opposite problem. Mine refuses to budge and I'm running back to the bathroom 5 minutes after I left. No amount of rocking or leaning is helping. 
    Baby girl discovered my bladder and I'm wondering if something is now getting pinched or something. All I know is I feel like I have to pee all the time!
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited September 2018
    I’m so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. “Thankfully” my nipples feel like they’re on fire so there’s no risk of dozing off. :#
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    For anyone dealing with constipation, I suggest trying pumpkin smoothies. Had one yesterday and today and um, let's just say I don't think I'll need the Miralax anymore... I'll warn you though, I thought they'd taste like pumpkin pie and that was a LIE.
  • Options
    @madreofdragons I think I’m leaking pee as well. After I pee I feel like some always runs down my leg which sucks 
  • Options
    Well I've had a fun evening! I fainted for the first time in my life today. Went to a Trampled By Turtles concert with H, and felt lightheaded after the opening act while we were waiting for the band to come out. We were standing right in front of the stage, so I told H that I needed to get out and sit in the lobby or something. He didn't take me very seriously (mainly because TbT is his favorite band and he didn't want to miss the opening song), so I just grabbed his arm and started walking through the crowd to get to the lobby. Halfway through my legs started feeling really heavy, and my head felt woozy. Vision got blurred, and next thing I knew, I was on the ground with people all around me. H says that I was out for just a few seconds. Thankfully H caught me as I was falling, so I didn't have a hard fall. But it still freaks me out. I'm reading that fainting is common in pregnancy, so I hope that baby is okay.

I felt fine pretty soon after. Drank an entire bottle of water, and (bonus!) the operating manager at the theater gave us great seats to sit through the show (we originally had general admission tickets, which was standing in the orchestra section). And we found a great BBQ restaurant on the walk back to the car, so I also ate some food, and I'm feeling back to normal now. I think I've felt some flutters since fainting, but since the movements are still so light and barely noticeable, it's hard to tell. I'll call my OB tomorrow and see if I should come in.

Anyone else ever faint during previous pregnancies or this one?
  • Options
    etnyahetnyah member
    edited September 2018
    Fainting is so scary, I’m glad you’re okay! I haven’t fainted during pregnancy, but I came really close once while not pregnant, due to dehydration and heat. It was like everything was in slow motion and I started losing my eyesight and hearing. Luckily I was next to a bench and I’m 100% sure sitting down immediately prevented actually fainting. It’s only happened once, but I’m not surprised fainting is more common during pregnancy if it happened to me just like that without being pregnant! Your body is working really hard all the time now, which is so easy to forget sometimes, and you end up overexerting yourself doing things you’d normally handle just fine. Fainting is probably just your body’s way of saying “hey, take it easy while I try to create another human in here”.

Definitely call your OB to make sure, but I’d say you and baby are most likely fine now, and I’m glad your H caught you so you didn’t take a hard fall!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 so glad  you’re okay! That does not sound fun. Our bodies are so complex and maybe this was the way to say “slow down” or “listen to me” . Was it really hot there too? 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I've only fainted once or twice in my life but I am notorious for almost fainting. I know the signs! It's happened once so far this pregnancy and it was definitely scary. My tricks to avoid full on fainting are lying down with legs up or sitting down with head between my knees, and drinking orange juice or eating something sweet.  If you don't already, start carrying around a granola bar or something like that at all times. 

Definitely see you OB just to make sure nothing is off but I wouldn't be all that concerned. Take care of yourself! 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 yikes! Glad you felt okay afterwards, but that's pretty freaky. 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I fainted multiple times with dd1. It is such a horrible feeling especially when you know the signs. I'd never fainted before and in my first trimester I fainted in a grocery store, while unlocking my car, in a mall, and going up the stairs. Baby was always fine, but definitely let your ob know and take it easy. Stay hydrated!

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I am glad you're ok! Fainting is definitely embarrassing, even though it shouldn't be.   Stay hydrated, and hope you can get into your OB today.