Introduction (children/pregnancy mentioned) — The Bump
Trouble TTC

Introduction (children/pregnancy mentioned)

Hey everyone. I never thought I would find myself here, but here I am. I have a lot to unload as I don't feel I could talk to my family about this or even friends really. Things have gotten more difficult for me to handle since my sister announced her pregnancy back in July and around that same time found out my cousin and his wife are expecting #2 (who have now spent less time conceiving 2 kids than we have to conceive 1).

I'm 29, DH is 31. Been TTC since July 2017. Back in May 2018 when I had my yearly OBGYN appt I talk to my doctor about us being nearly at a year of TTC with no luck. Took 2 progesterone tests to check that I was ovulating. I assumed I was fine in that department as OPKs never gave me troubling results and I started BBT charting and I was getting the temp increases to indicate O. Early August I had an HSG test which showed that my tubes are open. So far everything has indicated that I'm ok. DH finally went for a SA. If I remember the call correctly, his numbers are on the low side, but not that bad. Amount of normal sperm/morphology was only 1%. We were referred to a urologist and will he meeting with them in a week. I'm not sure what to expect.

I've struggled all year every time my cycle starts over. I think that's when I started losing hope and wondering if my DH was where our issues stemmed from. His parents took 4 years to conceive him and for his sister they used IUI and had her when my DH was 4. I asked my doctor if my DH could have issues because his parents struggled and smoked back then but he said no or that it's not necessarily a factor. It's hard to not feel like it has something to do with it and knowing the results of his SA were heartbreaking.

If you've read to this point, thank you. Sorry for my long story, but it feels good to finally tell someone. I look forward to getting to know everyone!
TTGP May Siggy Challenge: Smell the May Flowers

Me: 30 DH:31
Together since 2007
Married 7/2/16
TTC #1 since 7/2017
Dx: unexplained
IUI #1 12/27/18 - BFN 1/10/19
IUI #2 1/25/19 - BFN 2/8/19
IUI #3 2/23/19 - BFN 3/11/19

IVF #1 Est ER 6/11

Re: Introduction (children/pregnancy mentioned)

• @inthewoods23 welcome to the board, I'm sorry you find yourself here but I'm glad you found us.  Feel free to jump in the weekly check-ins, they are full of helpful and supportive women on similar journeys.  My DH and I are also dealing with 1% morphology.  It's been years since the urologist (we took a long break from treatment) but I remember they did a rather uncomfortable sounding ultrasound to check for any blockages and blood flow, etc.  Another factor we had tested was Sperm DNA fragmentation.  If I understand correctly it's a relatively new test and not used everywhere, but I would ask for it if they haven't already done it.  It can indicate how much the sperm is damaged after production and may effect protocol if you proceed with fertility treatments, or even trying naturally.

As for the cause of the morphology issues, it seems like a big unknown.  We've heard it could be hereditary, lifestyle, toxins, blood flow, etc, etc, etc.  So basically they have no clue unless they uncover something specific in a blood test or x-ray.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Thanks! Been waiting for this urologist appointment for what feels like forever!

To make matters worse, other personal and work things have been towards the negative too so there doesn't seem to be much to be happy for. Sigh... But DH and I have each other and that's something to be happy about!
    TTGP May Siggy Challenge: Smell the May Flowers

Me: 30 DH:31
    Together since 2007
    Married 7/2/16
    TTC #1 since 7/2017
    Dx: unexplained
    IUI #1 12/27/18 - BFN 1/10/19
    IUI #2 1/25/19 - BFN 2/8/19
    IUI #3 2/23/19 - BFN 3/11/19

IVF #1 Est ER 6/11
    BababattyChristenMA83mirabelle33