October 2018 Moms
Options

Stabby Saturday 9/1

Happy September!! Anything ruining your day???

Re: Stabby Saturday 9/1

• Options
    Moved into the new house last Saturday and learned they didn't connect the water for the ice maker on the refrigerator. Guy was supposed to come back today and start between 9 and 9:30. What time did he arrive you ask? Oh strolled in a little after 11 with no explanation  :/ I hate late people. It sends me into a blind rage!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have no Labor Day weekend plans other than watching football and the games in the first week are not that intriguing. I am struggling to find ways to keep DS entertained without going outside and swelling up! Basically he’s bored, I’m bored. DH is content because well, football.
  • Options
    My inlaws are visiting for the day.  We were invited to a friend's house to watch football and while I don't care about football I'd much rather be with friends than in laws.  Hence why i'm actually on the board today when I haven't had a chance to get on here in months. 
  • Options
    I want to eat chocolate and cake and donuts and pie and sweets and I can't!! I'm so sick of salad! 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Today’s rando drive-by made me think of this:

https://youtu.be/w4nRIw_ATJA

ETA - putting this here because the post made me stabby.  But I don’t feel like adding fuel to the fire. 
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    edited September 2018
    @knottieamusements - I didn't even open it, but can confirm that video is exactly how southerners are and suspect I would feel no differently about the drive-by.
  • Options
    That post also made me stabby and I also came over here to vent about it.  Also spending all of Labor Day weekend with the in laws. They aren’t bad people but they are just...a lot. My MIL likes telling stories about how she got from point A to point B. There is almost literally nothing more boring. 
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I think this one finally pissed me off enough 
  • Options
    I want to eat chocolate and cake and donuts and pie and sweets and I can't!! I'm so sick of salad! 
    I second that!!!! We just got back from the store and even though I know I can't have it, I feel the need to look at the ice cream...lol I guesz I'm hoping I will magically see something that says I can have it...
  • Options
    @sammierose464 thanks for having the energy to engage (or engaging anyway!) Ypu articulated what I wanted to say, only better!
  • Options
    I struggle to be a jerk, but that pissed me off. Being new is no excuse when all of us were new at some point and figured it all out. 
  • Options
    And who joins a board with like 6 weeks to go?? 

My vent is that my sister and niece are coming tomorrow (yay) but so is her idiot husband. Who my Dh hates so now I have to manage THAT.
  • Options
    I feel like that question would have been much better over at the 3rd trimester board
  • Options
    There is a Rave/Dance music festival going on less than a mile from our place. All I can hear is obnoxious bass :angry:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    An old friend from middle school looked me up this week.  Yay!  Except...

Boundaries, Dude.  

We’ve only swapped maybe half a dozen messages, and in almost every single one, I’ve been like “WTF is he telling me that for?!?”

I now know his entire work history, in detail.  His entire dating history, in detail.  And now, in a sight that cannot be unseen, because it was literally the first thing I saw when I woke just now at 4am to pump (my phone is also my alarm clock), way too much about what doesn’t get him off in bed.  

I haven’t read the rest of the message, and am going to have to wait to do so, because what I read really makes me want to give him a serious tongue lashing - ironically, because he has a serious lack of understanding about sexual orientation, not because of timing or TMI.
  • Options
    @knottieamusements that escalated quickly 
  • Options
    So.stressed.out!

House is a mess. So much to do before the kids come to school Tuesday. DS has 24 hour bug W/Th and DH had it yesterday. I’m so afraid I’m going to get it. I didn’t sleep well last night.
  • Options
    @knottieamusements does he think he's hitting on you? WTF dude.
  • Options
    It's been raining off and on all weekend, and is supposed to continue today and tomorrow as well. BOOO. ruins my plans to hop in my mom's pool this weekend for Labor Day.
  • Options
    @sammierose464

He apparently has a new girlfriend, so I don’t think that is the case.  He has always been a pretty socially awkward, but I don’t remember his filter being this bad.  
  • Options
    Was supposed to work an outdoor festival today but it was pouring when I got up and the weather said it was supposed to rain on and off all day. Got out of the car and went back to bed. Got up and it is a GORGEOUS day. Set up time has passed so I am not working and not making money today :/
    DH is working on our bathroom an d he ran into a snag. Thankfully it is the first snag so it could be worse! 
  • Options
    It's Sunday, but I'm stabby because now I have no idea what post you guys are all referring to and I need to know lol.
  • Options
    Thanks @jennybean80 I saw the post title and thought it looked weird so I skipped it lol. 
  • Options
    @ummibtihaj - You are the smart one in the group.  
  • Options
    I was going to post more on that but figured @sammierose464 left it off in a good spot. 
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 - I actually have a few blocked people in that category.  Mostly though, we exchange a few pleasantries and then move on.  

I finally read the whole message this morning.  And still responded witha tongue lashing.  I’m not sure if I feel bad for telling him I don’t have the energy to deal with his existential crisis.  :neutral: