August 2018 Moms

MOTN 8/28

At this point, it sounds like we're all up in the middle of the night, either with tiny babies or being super pregnant and super uncomfortable.  So... What's up?  How's it going?

Re: MOTN 8/28

• I’m not sure what time it is for everyone else as I’m based in the UK so it’s currently 11.00am! However baby has no idea of the time and just wants to feed most of the day and night, surprisingly I’m coping much better than first time round (I gave up BF’ing on day 5 I think) but this time I’ve accepted that the first couple of weeks are hard going, nobody will judge me for spending majority of the day in pjs and in between bed/sofa and the visitors can wait until we are ready to see people! My labor was tougher this time round and my body seems to be taking longer to recover so I’m just going with it and putting no pressure on myself. 

Hows everyone else getting on? 
  • @serenbach Yep, spending all day on the couch here, too.  It's currently 4:10am for me.  I'm up nursing in the baby's room.

Things are going surprisingly well for me.  My recovery has been much easier this time, I think because my labor was fast and uncomplicated, and I had gotten so uncomfortable by the end, I'm still reveling in how good it feels to walk without pain and bend over.  Breastfeeding is going much better this time, too.  I feel like I know what I'm doing, and baby girl has caught on much faster than my son did.  She's eating and gaining like a champ.  She was 9 lbs at birth, dropped down to 8 lbs 4 oz at discharge, and was 9 lbs 9 oz yesterday at 11 days old.

My only complaint is that DH is home with us on paternity leave, but I don't feel like he's helping much.  It's not really because he doesn't want to, but he's too busy with sub plans and grading to be able to do anything with the baby.  It's really frustrating that he went through the huge hassle that was required to get FMLA, they actually terminated his employment for these two weeks he's off, so he'll have to be reinstated when he goes back, and he's still spending several hours a day working.  I just keep reminding myself that he is a huge help with our toddler in the morning, getting him up and off to daycare.  I will miss that help when he goes back to work next week.

On the plus side, DS has been super sweet with his baby sister.  He's a little jealous, but mostly just wants extra cuddles from me, so I'm doing my best to oblige.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was up MOTN last night so congested that I couldn't breathe so I spent like 2 hours blowing my nose until I could somewhat breathe enough to sleep again.  It's something new every day basically now.  My carpal tunnel is so bad in my right hand that i can barely hold utensils to feed myself and no sitting or laying position is comfortable.  Every time the baby moves it is uniquely painful because he is so low in my pelvis.  And I had diarrhea yesterday (which I was hoping meant labor was coming but NOPE) and so my hemorrhoid is back...just in time to push out a baby and get way worse.  Yay?

Praying that he decides he wants out at some point today or that I can convince the doctor to induce me after my appointment tomorrow.  Kind of hoping my BP is high again.  I should go for a run (waddle) before the appointment and see if that works haha.
  • It's not MOTN right now, but wanted to jump in. The first night home was horrific. Zero sleep as DS has his days and nights mixed up and was cluster feeding like a fiend. My milk is in now, and we've been working on differentiating the time of day, so it's gotten better. He still cluster feeds for about 4-5 hours before we finally get a couple 2-3 hour stretches in between to sleep. I look like a truck ran over my face. He is so much easier to nurse and is so sweet, that the lack of sleep isn't killing me. 

Recovery is going so well. I barely tore with DD, so I didn't feel like it was too bad the first time around. This time even thoughtho was over 9 lbs and I didn't tear at all, so healing has been much more comfortable. We took our first solo outting to Target today. So that was nice .
  • Any diaper advice? DS keeps leaking out of the back of his diapers. It's driving me crazy having to change his jammies several times a night. We started in size 1 Huggies and Pampers but no luck. I picked up some newborn Pampers and Target brand today. The Pampers seem so tiny and he still leaked. The Target brand were better and more roomy in the legs, but still a little leak. I'm pulling the sides as tight as I can. What am I doing wrong?
  • @delujm0 Oh, that sounds awful!  I hope that baby comes out soon!  As if just carrying around a full size baby isn't hard enough, it's just cruel to add all of that on top.  Remind me when you're due again?

@7425cait We've had the same pattern here, cluster feeding from 6 or 7 to midnight, then 2 to 3 hour chunks of sleep.  It wouldn't seem so bad, except we're up for at least an hour each time we get up.

For the diapers, I hear that sometimes diapers leak when they're too small, so maybe try sizing up?
  • @7425cait +1 on sizing up for nighttime diapers. Or if the next size up is way too big, try pulling the back of the diaper up further and making a v with the tabs.
  • Yay thanks for making this thread!
    I'm not sure about diapers, my guy has such skinny legs and I keep getting leaks out his legs because of that. We used cloth diapers with my first and never got blowouts with those, in case you want to look into that, though cloth diapers are a big investment. 

I'm also doing multiple hours of cluster feeding before bed, and it's making bedtime for my toddler super difficult! And DH has to sleep with my toddler now or else she melts down. So it's just me and DS sleeping downstairs, getting up every 2-3 hours. The difficult part about MOTN feeds is that it usually takes an hour! Looking forward to longer stretches of sleep and hopefully getting DH back from my toddler some day soon lol. 

• Thanks ladies! I'll give it another try. 
  • So, DD just woke up after an hour instead of the usual 2. This is all going to get a lot tougher if this is the new pattern.

On the plus side, it's great to have some birth stories to read!  I should really finish mine...
  • @Secretstapler today is my due date.  They won't induce me until next Thursday without medical reason so I hope it doesn't come to that.

Couldn't come up with a reason to induce me at my 40w appointment today unfortunately.  Fluid and placenta looked good and baby was moving ok.  1.5cm dilated.  Apparently I was having some contractions during the ultrasound but I didn't feel them so that's not really serious.  I need him to come out like way before next Thursday, this is ridiculous.  Third baby, and he's been in there longer than both the other 2.  I blame this on him being Male and therefore prone to procrastination and lateness.
  • @delujm0 Oh, boo!  I mean, I suppose it's a good thing that everything is still looking good, but it seems like once you hit full term, being miserable should be a good enough reason to induce.  I'm sending positive baby thoughts your way!
  • @delujm0 that's such a bummer. I hope you go soon. By 40 weeks the discomfort is so upsetting. 

@Secretstapler noooo! Their sleep patterns are so irratic. I hope she gives you a good stretch the next round.

This whole sleep when the baby sleeps is bull. By the time im done nursing and put him down for a nap, I maybe have an hour to fall asleep. But I'm not that tired during the day. At least sitting around, binge watching world of dance is restful. 
  • So, it's 5am and I've been awake since 2.  We got up as expected at 2 to nurse and change the diaper, then I got her back to sleep and laid her down in her bed at 3.  She's normally great at sleeping in there, but after a minute or two she started squirming and fussing.  We listened for a few minutes, then DH got up to try to settle her.  He got her calm again, but then she started fussing again.  We suspect that she's struggling to poop, but we can't figure out how to help her.  I just fed her again to calm her down, then tried some tummy massage and bicycle legs.  She's calm again, but still hasn't pooped, so I'm not sure if I should try to lay her down.  I think I will, and I can make it DH's turn if she wants to fuss some more.
  • @Secretstapler have you tried gas drops? My last baby had gas/pooping issues overnight for the first 2 months or so, so before each night feeding I'd give her gas drops while changing her diaper.  It seemed to help a little, though unfortunately their bowels are just immature for the first 8 weeks or so, so there isn't too much you can do about it.
  • @Secretstapler it's funny you mention that because I had the same experience last night. Full moon? Hoping tonight is more restful for all of us. 
  • First time parenting is super hard. The lack of quality sleep and wth is with this night sweating crap. I wake up drenched and freezing in the middle of the night. I sure hope that goes away soon!

My husband is on FMLA till next Tuesday and he's been so good, going above and beyond what I ever expected of him. He does most of the middle of the night feedings and changings and soothing her back to sleep. Compared to his delightfully tender interactions with her, I feel...withdrawn and distant toward her. Sigh. 

Whether it's due to my age, the C-section, first time mom, or whatever combination of all that my milk took 6 days to start coming in, and she was already jaundiced when she left the hospital, but successfully feeding on donor milk. Between frequent feedings and sunny windows she's no longer in the jaundice range, so yay for that.

Consequently she's refusing to nurse from me at all, and both of us are frustrated with the attempts. She won't latch properly, she gets fussy with it or falls asleep without doing anything. I don't know if it's just not as fast of a flow as the bottle, or what, but it's so discouraging and frustrating. Which with everyone and their brother barraging me with the over-the-top optimistic "Breastfeeding is so fun! It's so enjoyable!" crap, I just want to scream and pull my hair out. I'm sure it is enjoyable and fun...when it works. Between trying to convince her and wrangling my giant boobs with not enough hands, I'm about to just give up. I'm pumping every time she bottle feeds and so far I'm producing more than enough for her needs, it's just an added inconvenience to everything else going on right now. I don't know whether to spend the extra time driving all the way back to the hospital and spending more money to get lactation consultations to help, or to just keep pumping and bottle feeding her as long as I can. 
  • You can probably find a local La Leche or breastfeeding meeting near you. Breastfeeding can be great, but it can also be a lot of work. My son is so much easier to breastfeed then my daughter was. All I can say is that you might want to get her checked for a tongue or lip tie. That can cause terrible latches and a lot of pain. And the baby gets upset because they can't latch on well enough to get the milk that they need. my daughter has a terrible lip tie, and that caused us so much distress during breastfeeding and no one identified it.
  • Breastfeeding is really hard!!! After all my struggles with #1, I went straight to using a nipple shield after only a few days of unsuccessful latching and destruction of my nipples this time around. So that's where I'm still at... Using nipple shields and won't try again without until at least a couple more weeks. 
    @neeraja_k Sorry you're having such a hard time and feeling like giving up. You gotta do what you gotta do, try not to feel guilty if it just doesn't work! Btw, I was able to get a lactation consultant to do a house call... Maybe that could be an option for you? So much easier that way. Also, I know it sounds silly but I got some body work done on my baby #1 to chill her out and I swear it helped a lot with breastfeeding, even more than correcting her tongue tie. 

• I came home to find my dog ate my entire jar of Earth mama nipple cream...
  • All I want to do right now is eat my delicious dinner that my MIL cooked me, and my baby just wants to suck on my boob and my toddler is having a tantrum about her capers (?!). I'm so hungry.
  • @delujm0 We have tried gas drops, although I don't know if DH gave them to her last night.  I gave her some the night before, and she spit it out.  Then again, she also slept much better, so maybe she got more than I thought.

@7425cait Here's hoping there was just a full moon last night, and all the babies eat and sleep well tonight.

@neeraja_k Breastfeeding is hard, even when everything is going perfectly, it's super hard when things don't work quite right. And exclusively pumping sounds like the worst of both worlds.  One thing I try to keep in mind is that many of the studies that look at the advantages of breastfeeding are actually based on a relatively small duration, often as little as two weeks.  So even if you decide that the best decision for your family is to discontinue pumping, your baby will still have benefitted from having gotten what she did.

Also, I remember struggling with my first, and my mom, who had a single baby and then twins, and tells stories about nursing both of while standing up from the floor, says "I don't remember it being this hard" which just made me feel like a total failure.  Having made it to the other side of this newborn stage to the stage where it is easier, I'm pretty sure that she just doesn't remember, not that it wasn't hard for her.  And neither of us had any particular challenges.

I also constantly remind myself in all aspects of parenting that what kids need most is a parent who is present and able to take care of them.  So if any of the other parenting decisions are making it harder to be present and loving, it's okay to change paths for one that is better for your mental health.

@fishee333. Sigh.  Yep, I think babies have special radar for when your food is ready so they can choose to eat right at those moments. I don't know what they have against their moms eating a hot meal, but they really don't like it.
  • Today was a rough day.  I had been so pleasantly surprised with how well I and everyone else were adjusting to the new baby.  But somehow everything just overwhelmed me today.  We decided we were ready to get out and do something, so we saw my parents and my sister.  I was hungry and tired to start, and I just ended up feeling totally unwanted, and like I was there only to provide food for the baby.  But I realized that I wanted people to talk to me and acknowledge me as the mother, but I really didn't want to answer the same questions about how I'm feeling yet again.  And I couldn't think of anything else I had to talk about.  So I just felt really empty.

And on top of that, DD seems to have a little cold, and I'm feeling like I failed her for exposing her to it at 2 weeks old.  It's really just a stuffy nose, but she's having trouble breathing through her nose and she really hates the nose sucker, although it helps.  And the cold has made her really sleepy, which makes her eat less, so I've also been really full of milk.

Anyway, all of that apparently made me grumpy enough that my parents decided to cut their visit short.  So I also feel bad about that.

On the plus side, we spent the evening watching Coco and snuggling on the couch, and DS was content to let me keep holding DD and just put my arm around him, so I got to snuggle both my kids at the same time for almost an hour.  It was really great and helped me recharge after the morning.
  • 7425cait said:
    I came home to find my dog ate my entire jar of Earth mama nipple cream...
    DS 1 calls it jelly since it comes in a jar. I’m just glad he hadn’t managed to open it!

@neeraja_k other than poor latch and clogs I’ve had a pretty easy breastfeeding journey, but I still wouldn’t call it fun! I think when it works it makes parenting little ones easier and cheaper, but I don’t find it to be a magical experience, thankful as I am to do it! I would definitely seek out LLL or an IBCLC. Maybe using a Supplemental Nursing System could help in your case? Breastfeeding newborns is particularly difficult, but if you can make it past that point it tends to get a lot easier as they get older (at least in my experience).
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Checking in, still effing pregnant at 40+5.  My girls both came out in the 39th week, wtf is going on.  I have induction scheduled for Thursday and I've basically given up on hoping he will come out on his own any earlier.  I swear to the heavens if this induction goes south and I wind up needing a CS I am going to be fully enraged that they made me stay pregnant for so long.

In other news I have a terrible cough and cold and  my 14 month old was diagnosed with hand foot and mouth and an ear infection today.  I can't wait to have HFM when I'm awake 24/7 dealing with a newborn at some point next week.  I hope it doesn't spread via breastmilk.  

Definitely not mad that this will be my last kid.  He is making it VERY DIFFICULT for me.  Not a good sign for his personality later in life I'm sure.  My body remembered how to get pregnant so well that this happened when I was EBF a 5 month old, and yet it has somehow forgotten how to get itself un-pregnant.  WHAT IS HAPPENING.

Today is my mom's birthday and she's currently staying with us so at least I get to eat a bunch of cake tonight.
  • @delujm0 Ugh! I wish I could help, like tickle it out of you, or something, heh. But if nothing else fails, I hope that your induction goes smoothly and expeditiously for you. *crosses fingers and toes*

@lalala2004 So far, a few times now, I've managed to get her to latch and lazily feed for about 15 minutes at a time, but only on the left breast, and only after she's had a bottle. When she does nurse she's getting enough to bother swallowing throughout the 15 minutes or so, so I know she's getting something at least. I just don't understand why she doesn't want it when she's clearly hungry and it's ready and willing for her. 

I feel like we both got cheated from the beginning. I literally had nothing come in for her for 6 days after she was born and it only started coming in after dry pumping every 2 hours for those 6 days, while she was subsisting on bottled donor milk and growing frustrated with my lack of anything and increasingly refusing to nurse. Thankfully now I'm producing enough for her to eat and that I seem to be maintaining enough of a supply for her increased feedings and the increased amounts she wants. I hope that continues.

She's eating well and slowly gaining weight, her doctor seems satisfied that all is well, so I'm mostly content with that for now despite the annoyances and inconvenience of having to exclusively pump. But my husband is all gung-ho about making me get help, insisting that I can do the thing, that I should do the thing, and that I'm a quitter for not even trying anymore. I don't think he quite understands just how unhelpful it is to be lectured about how I'm not trying hard enough while simultaneously being rejected by my baby. 

Everyone else is so engaged with her, my husband is smitten with her, and I just feel like a cold, distant, walking milk jug over here. That's really all I feel like I can manage right now. I feel like I was more warm and affectionate to the multitude of animals I've bottle fed over the years. I guess that's what happens when you add in a confusing rainbow of hormones and a clear lack of quality sleep coupled with being continually made to feel like a failure from all sides. It's like I'm not being given enough time to try to figure these things out for myself, or even time to simply catch my breath since she was born. 

Meanwhile my husband is going back to work on Wednesday and I'm freaking the hell out inside. Which is why I'm up at midnight, as tonight is a "practice run" for when he goes to bed at 8pm leaving her up with me. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to sleep, given she doesn't want to sleep for long or even be put down, and I'm trying to keep her quiet with a pinky finger in her mouth so he can sleep at least.  

I guess I'll go crawl in bed for my nightly sweat lodge session under the covers. These night sweats really are gross... lol
  • Good luck, @delujm0!!!  I'm glad that baby is finally coming out!
  • serenbachserenbach member
    edited September 2018
    Haven’t had a chance to check in here for a while... I haven to quite mastered the feeding and having a spare hand to browse on my phone yet! 

Good luck @delujm0 hope things progress quickly for you! 

@neeraja_k I’m so sorry to read how you’re feeling currently,I can massively relate as it’s how I felt after having my son 4 years ago. I didn’t even attempt expressing as I was so exhausted with the attempted feeding and my nipples were so so painful I ended up calling my mum to come to my house with some formula (my partner was in work 2 days after he was born). It’s unbelievably hard and nobody prepares you for it. It’s important for you to try and talk to your husband about how’s you’re feeling, I ended up slipping into post natal depression and I realise now how important it is to talk... especially during this crazy hormonal time! 

I second what @fishee333 said about the nipple shields. I started using them on day 2 this time round as I was starting to feel the same way towards feeding as I did last time and knew if DD carried on half latching on and off and not feeding properly I would end up giving up or my nipples would be cracked and bleeding and I would be dreading each feed. The nipple shields have been a god send and have completely saved the feeding, DD seems to be able to latch much better, I’m not wincing and curling my toes at every latch and she is literally gulping the milk down and seems much more satisfied... if yours is used to a teet from a bottle they might feel a bit similar for her? Hope things start looking more positive for you soon. 

• It's three in the morning.  I spent 3 hours trying to get DD down.  She finally fell asleep at 1am... And promptly woke up woke up again at 1:45 to start everything over.  I just really want to go to sleep...

• DS only screamed nonstop at us for 3 straight hours last night instead of 6 like the night before.  Progress.

He hasn't pooped in 24 hours though which is weird as I didn't have that problem with the girls.  He did poop 3 times in the first 24 hours of life and then once in the second so it should be ok?
  • @delujm0 so happy you finally had him! I'm not sure about the poop. You might want to ask the doctor. I think pee is more of a concern,  as long as he's having at least 6 wet diapers.

@Secretstapler DS has been doing the same thing for the past 3 days! It's driving me crazy. He is getting over tired or something and then wakes up the minute we put him down. Tonight was so much better though. We made sure to wake him up at least an hour before we wanted to sleep, and tired him out with tummy time and some crying (he had to wait to eat as per doctors instructions) and he actually slept so much better. 
  • @7425cait Oh, good plan!  I was pretty sure she was overtired, but I couldn't figure out how to help that.  I'm just glad to have any kind of plan to try for tonight.  We finally got to sleep at 4, then she was up again at 5:30 and 7.  Probably because she didn't really want to eat the whole time she was up, so she was pretty hungry.  What time are you shooting for for bedtime?

@delujm0 3 hours is a lot better than 6, but that still really sucks.  Here's hoping this is just a phase that passes really soon.

As for the poop, I feel like that depends on whether your milk is in and whether it's still meconium.  But I don't really know, so I agree, check with the doctor.
  • We aim for 9, because DH and I aren't super tired at 8, and feel like the minute he goes down, we should too to maximize sleep. Last night he was out by 8:30. My pedi told us that since he was cluster feeding twice a day, that we need to make him wait two hours to feed him. Shes worried he is becoming a snacker, so making him wait the two hours has made him stay awake longer when I nurse and fills his tummy more so he is satisfied longer. It's been a couple days, and has worked so far. But I think we really need to tire him out before he'll stay asleep, so we've been doing tummy time a few times a day and really trying to play with him with toys and stuff. 
  • I think I'll try that, I definitely let her snack all day.  I don't know how much crying she'll do, so I may or may not be able to enforce the full 2 hours.  But I'll give it a shot, I can't take many more nights like last night.
  • DS gained 20 oz in 9 days, so she's not worried about him being deprived, or that my supply will dwindle. I would just be cautious of holding her off if either of those is an issue for you. It's hard to listen to him cry, but we've been using a pacifier to hold him off and that helps. He's definitely eating more per feeding since I've been having him wait. Good luck tonight!
  • @delujm0 Ours pooped three or four big meconium poops in the first few days, maybe one a day. But after we got home, it was about 72 hours before the next poop and we were worried. When we saw the doctor for the first check up she assured us that as long as she was still eating with gusto and still urinating a lot that it was fine and to be patient as her body adjusts. She thought it might have taken so long because she was still mostly on donor milk which didn't have colostrum, which is a natural laxative and helps with meconium expulsion. As soon as I started producing my own colostrum the poops really kicked back in with a vengeance. Now that the colostrum seems to be over and it's mostly just milk again, her poop frequency has calmed down a bit.

Wednesday when my husband went back to work was absolute hell on earth. She screamed overnight Tuesday night and all day Wednesday. Absolutely nothing would pacify her short of being fed, held and rocked, and sucking on my finger. By the time he got home from work in the afternoon I was a basket-case myself. He took over for a few hours while I showered, ate, and took a long nap. But then that evening, she started tooting, and tooting, and it kept up intermittently for like 2 hours straight...then she was fine that night and we all got some much needed rest.

Thursday I woke up to a completely different baby. She was quiet, peaceful, and willing to be cuddled. You could set an alarm by her, she would wake up promptly every two hours to eat and be changed, then she'd oogle at the wood beam in the ceiling for a bit then slowly drift back off to sleep. I finally got a bunch of stuff done around the house between feedings and we got another good night's sleep last night. And thankfully today is more of the same happy baby. 

Since I've mostly given up on actual breastfeeding, I guess it's time to look into anti-colic bottles to feed her from, rather than continuing to use the cheap stuff the hospital gave us. She's still very resistant to latching on me and gets irrationally upset when I try. When I get to town I'll look for one of those nipple shields, as she will readily suck on artificial nipples and pacifiers, so maybe it'll help. I'm willing to try anything before giving up completely. Because as happy as I am that she's eating well and gaining weight on my milk, pumping is the absolute most boring thing ever. I feel like I'm wasting time that could be spent doing other more useful things, and having to find time to pump every few hours is getting challenging. 
  • @7425cait Oh, that's a good thing to point out.  DD gained 17 oz in the first 9 days after discharge, so I'm also not worried about depriving her.  But you're right that this may not be a good strategy for everyone.

@neeraja_k I'm so glad you survived that first day and your daughter is doing better.  I hope it keeps up!  I'm not great about remembering to burp thoroughly after feeding, and it often comes back to bite me in the form of ear piercing shrieks an hour or more later.  This girl has some serious lungs.

I introduced the pacifier last night when I was desperate, but I don't know if it's going to take.  I have mixed feelings about it overall, since DS still has his and I know it'll be tough when we finally take it away.  But it would be really nice to have another tool to soothe DD when needed.
  • @neeraja_k you're doing all you can for your little girl. Nipple shields, pumping, formula...whatever gets that baby fed is all that matters. 

@Secretstapler I feel like we are living parallel lives. I've had to get way better at burping. I get bored/give up after a few minutes, but I need to do it longer so I don't have to deal with the repercussions of not getting that gas out sooner. We introduced a pacifier on Wednesday after the pediatrician said she wanted us to extend the time between feedings. I hate the pacifier at this age because they can't get it or keep it in their mouths, and I refuse to sit there shoving it back in his mouth every time it falls out. Plus the palette issue. But I love that it gives him comfort and helps him fall asleep. We've been taking it out when he falls asleep so it doesn't fall out and startle him. We've also only been trying to use it when rocking, swaddling, etc doesn't calm him down first.

My sister's were in my neighborhood and decided to swing by at 7:30 to visit. I didn't know they were coming. We just put DD down and LO was in and out of sleep. I was trying to keep him up to feed him and put him down. Well DD got excited to see them and came out her room. LO started to get over tired so I had to kick them out so I could get him to sleep. He got so tired that I couldn't wake him up to finish his feeding, and now I'm anticipating him getting up extra tonight. Awesome. They were shocked that we were getting ready for bed already,  but if we don't try to sleep the minute LO goes down, then we miss our longest stretch of sleep. 
  • Well we are at 48 hours without poop so I have to call the pedi this morning about going in today instead of Monday.  I think my milk just took a while to come in this time...he basically slept all day yesterday and I had to force him to nurse for 5 minutes at a time every few hours.  He peed once at like 6am and then not again until the evening.  But after that he peed every time he woke up overnight, plus I can hear him really sucking and swallowing now.  If he poops before the office opens I may just skip it today...fingers crossed.

Speaking of poop, every minute that the kid spent sleeping in his bassinet last night I spent on the toilet fighting my first PP shit.  It is terrible.  On the one hand I'm fighting it to come out and on the other I'd love to just wait a while but now I can barely sit down because my ass hurts so much.  The stool softeners are not working and I want to die.  JUST COME OUT, POOP is basically my motto today, for everyone.