December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 8.27

Re: Weekly Randoms 8.27

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pretty crazy thunderstorms here last night but got the best sleep I had in couple weeks! Maybe time for a rain white noise maker?
  • Options
    @hoosiermama-2 Ok I’m dumb...I don’t get why BabyQ is immature-funny? I get the BBQ reference which is cute but not what your friends were giggling about.

@Katzalia I love my electric toothbrush and it just died! I am so sad. I had a sonicare and they are sooo expensive but I have to have it.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @hoosiermama-2 I’m also wearing my rings on a necklace. Just started that on Friday - guess I should be thankful I made it this long!! 

You guys - how cute are these boots?? I know she won’t be able to wear them til next year but super cute baby stuff like this just makes me so excited!
  • Options
    rosebud332 More morbid, less "haha" funny. :| 
  • Options
    +1 for weird dreams. Mine are either really scary and morbid lately or sexy dreams. No in between it seems. WTF. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @snugglyduckling25 LOL at shark hospital  :D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @morgantu ha! That would get you some interesting looks! 
  • Options
    @snugglyduckling25 love your shark-mama dream! 

@countrygrl5533 those little boots are adorable!

I stopped using my electric toothbrush during last pregnancy along with trying a dozen kinds of toothpaste, as part of my quest to brush my teeth without puking. Somehow I just...forgot to go back to it for the past 4 years? 

• Options
    @rosebud332 I saw that earlier this week. I’m choosing to believe that it’s fake because no one can be that insane IRL right? RIGHT??
    RIGHT? 

I have to believe it's fake for the purpose of going viral. Nobody is this crazy. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @rosebud332 I did read that! OMG, that woman seriously needs to reevaluate her priorities. Having a super glamorous day is nice and all, but it can't be funded by your "friends"! I guess I am more surprised that some people supposedly paid the $1,500 :open_mouth: I wonder if she's going to turn to plain old gold digging?
    Actually, she reminds me of an acquaintance's wife. This new couple was looking to buy a house, and a mutual friend was selling theirs - so the guys get together and decide to make the sale. The buyer's wife (then fiancée) comes to town to visit and see the house. She nitpicked BS details like minor dings in the original wooden window sills, and imperfect paint. But once she learned that a dog lived there (a very good boy BTW), she demanded that the floors be replaced entirely. They didn't buy the house, but they did get married. I hope that dude is ready to only buy perfect homes for the rest of his life because...she's a nightmare.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon That was my first thought as well but the Internet brings out the cray cray in some people! So who knows.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @gorgeousariel OMG the gummy bears. I just ran over to the Feb 19 board to look it up.  :D ....but now I really want gummy bears.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @clbness redecorating a room sounds fun! I’m dreading the “construction” type work that needs done in the nursery, but once that’s all in I can’t wait to get everything set up and put the finishing touches on it. 
  • Options
    @rosebud332 I saw that article too! That lady is crazy!
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @rosebud332 OMG I just read that article she sounds like a nut! I also can’t get past “once and a lifetime” haha.
  • Options
    So my house maybe got struck by lightning last night? Loud boom and flash, a few electronics completely fried (nothing major, thank goodness; fridge, deep freeze, computer, and all AC units are still in good working order), a plasticky burning smell upstairs (probably the dead hairdryer), and our lights in various rooms keep freaking out. We were already planning to cash out a portion of my 401k instead of rolling it all over since I switched jobso, just to have on hand for when baby comes so that we're decently cushioned while I'm off without pay, with the expectation that any remaining funds would go to an electrician to try and get our 100+ year old house modernized. I want light switches on the second floor and oulets that don't randomly decide not to work some days, damnit! Good thingt because it looks like we may be pushing that up. 

Whatever happened, whether or was a stroke declared to our home or just really close to it, also shook all the rust out of our pipes, because the water definitely turned dirt brown for us and was fine for our neighbors. Maybe gonna call in a plumber, too.
  • Options
    KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited August 2018
    @AGK2015 whoa, glad you are all okay and nothing major is fried. That’s a little scary! Re: updating the electrical: do it!!!! We waited years to do it on our last house because I thought it was going to be really expensive. Once we actually priced it out per outlet/switch? Seriously not much compared to the daily annoyance of the old plugs and crazy workarounds. 

AFM, I woke up at 4 with baby kicking away. I’ve been so far behind I decided to get up and come into work super early because I can (MH is taking the kid to her camp this week). Am bumping while waiting my systems to go through looong startup — and victory! I actually managed to get the AC to kick on early! 
  • Options
    @AGK2015 I’m glad you all are okay. Weve had a couple lightening strikes recently too. We lost electronics and are still in the process of having no  huge trees removed that was zapped. Didn’t have the same pipe issue you described. Anyway glad you are okay.
  • Options
    morgantumorgantu member
    edited August 2018
    @AGK2015 wow. Glad it ended up alright, that's scary. 
    @Katzalia good for you! I would have just laid in bed being mad I couldn't sleep. 

The bump wouldn't let me post annnyyyyyything from mobile last night. I tried the app and going through my browser. It kept saying 'ip address 1 character too long". I dunno man, this app is the worst. 
  • Options
    That’s scary @AGK2015
    did you guys know that you’re not supposed to do anything with running water touching you in a lightening storm (bathe, shower, do dishes, wash hands, etc) because in the freak accident that your house gets struck the pipes are a conductor and then can transfer to the water. I learned that this week. 
  • Options
    How scary @AGK2015 ! I’m glad everyone is okay and that your major appliances seem to be working.
  • Options
    @AGK2015 wow that's scary! Last year, we had lightning hit the tree in our front yard. It traveled down through the ground, blowing out a tire on DHs car, and took off a piece of the trim around the garage door. Replacing two tires was definitely not fun..
  • Options
    @AGK2015 glad you're all okay!

We had lightning strike our house last year. My sister was home (lived with us for a couple weeks) and called 911 because she smelled sulfur and thought it was a fire. The firefighters made a HUGE mess getting in and out of the attic, but luckily nothing bad other than it knocked our power out completely. I was calling electricians to get someone to come check things before flipping it back on (as I read or was told there could be issues) and one guy told me "oh just flip the breaker back on and listen for a sizzling sound, that's what I'd do" :flushed: uh, no thank you. Because I wouldn't have known what to do if it did sizzle! Finally found an electrician who could make it out that day, and he couldn't believe that other guy told me to do that. He checked so many things (including our water pipes) for damage that could be an issue before flipping the breaker. So glad he made it out! Luckily there wasn't any damage other than some siding and gutters that needed replaced.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    All the lightening strike stuff seems so scary! I live on the outskirts of town, so we get a lot of big storms. Thankfully, I haven't personally experienced a lightening strike, but a house in our neighborhood caught on fire from one recently.  We have two fire stations within 2 minutes of us, so that's reassuring!!! I'm sorry for y'alls damage, that's insane!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options

My little choked on bacon at daycare this morning. He is okay, it just made him vomit when I did some back slaps. He vomited on both of us. I wear a tank under most of my shirts thankfully. I took our shirts off and wash them with soap in the sink. Now I’m waiting for the gift shop at work to open (to buy a new shirt) because even hand washed I stink. 

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    @texas_t Omggggg I LOVE Pho!  You're killing me!   :s  

@AGK2015 I'm glad everyome is ok!  

@Activebaby Probably one of the things I'm most freaked out about with parenthood is that I'm probably gonna get vommed on at some point.  Plus all the other fluids/substances that will inevitably get on me.   Blech.  

BabyFruit Ticker