February 2019 Moms

Weekly randoms 8/27-9/2

Re: Weekly randoms 8/27-9/2

• @hnbergeron I'm sorry you're having a shit day at work. That temp needs to get her life in order. Isn't it her job to travel to different locations? I mean, I'd like to call in to work every other morning and be like "Sorry, I can't do my work today because I have to go to Target and then take a long shower and then play with my dogs. Still pay me, please." UGH what a lazy person.
    I share your rage about nothing fitting: I sort through my options daily and have to try on multiple outfits before I find one that's comfy but also professional. And I used to just throw on whatever I saw first. Almost had to cut myself out of one of my pre-pregnancy dresses yesterday morning! That was fun.  :D
  • @BourbonBiscuits, @kayjay44... not the news i wanted lol but thanks for the heads up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh yes to nothing fitting. I’ve lived in leggings since week 8 and they’re even getting too tight now. Thankfully most of my tops and dresses are oversized so they still fit. Might be time to break out the mat leggings soon!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • @cass06_07 last pregnancy I went up 2 bra sizes.  
  • @cass06_07 I just got some bras from motherhood maternity because my boobs have busted out of literally every bra I own. They aren’t too pricey and I am so much more comfortable now! If I have to buy new ones after I start breastfeeding, so be it. I got a couple of sleep bras which are great for pounding around the house and a couple of wirefree but still supportive bras that would work for nursing and look totally normal under a work blouse. Also it’s buy 3 get one free so....
  • Autocorrect fail... lounging to pounding, although not inaccurate?
  • @eggsandwich2019.. pounding lol... i just let the girls go wild at home  :D.  I think ill check out some instore options as i really need to try some on.  Fx this could be an adventure.
  • @eggsandwich2019 pounding is definitely how I feel walking around with this belly sometimes! Lol
  • @hannahbananas11 - To be fair, my body has never been the same after growing humans  :D

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @hannahbananas11, sounds like your ankle and my shoulder have had a word or two.  Not sure what carrying a babe around will do to my shoulder but lord help me, Ill be wearing a baby sling 24/7 I imagine.
  • Fun story. I broke my ankle when DD was 18 months. I don’t recommend it. My DD (damn dog this time) ran after a squirrel and I went to tell her to chill, took one step and rolled my ankle off the patio edge. It was MAYBE an inch drop. Spilled the beer I’d just opened. Not my most graceful moment. 
  • Thank god I'm headed home - this week has seemed insanely long. Two more work days next week until I have 11 days off! For now, I'm going home to snuggle my bugs, eating pizza, and spend the weekend packing!

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• kayjay44 said:
    @hannahbananas11 - To be fair, my body has never been the same after growing humans  :D
    Haha I was gonna say the same thing! 

@madreofdragons that sounds awful! I can’t imagine having a toddler with a broken foot!
  • edited September 2018
    Well, another thread bites the dust. I wonder if the bump admins ever get a kick out of the left field threads like that. I know I would. But that's probably why I'm not an admin... :D
  • It’s gotta be amusing?! I can only imagine what they read! 
  • @hannahbananas11 ironic, since I hurt my back at work today and developed a toothache and I’m pretty sure I’m dying.
  • Thanks for the support. I felt better after posting. 

And yeah, I give up on clothes. I have specific work shirts that I'm suppose to wear. I have to somehow ask my boss what do I do when they no longer fit as financially I can't afford new ones. I currently wear a tank under them a just don't button the bottom 2. The top button bit the dust today. It was a sad day for clothes....

Also, totally craved runts on the way home. Sending hubby for them tomorrow.
  • Sooooo my new practice is scheduling an initial "counseling session" with a nurse that they said they do with everyone at 7-8 weeks, but obviously since I'm a transfer, it will be 16 weeks for me. Then 4 days later I have my normal prenatal checkup with the OB.

Anyone else have said "counseling session" done? Sounds like a load of BS and a waste of time and money, at least for me. I really don't want to do it but I'm a wuss and don't want to make waves at a practice I haven't even had an appointment at yet.
  • @grebretso I'm sorry for your friend  :'( that's an awful thing

@hnbergeron ugghh lame bosses are the worst!
  • Also -vent- DD has had strep twice in the past few weeks and tonight just complained about her throat hurting again. FML
  • @notthecheat - sounds like the group appointment they do for our practice now. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @kayjay44 what does that even mean? Just chit chat about your pregnancy? Thanks.
  • @notthecheat we had that at my first appointment too but it was connected to seeing my OB. We met with the head nurse and talked about our family histories of genetic disorders, discussed dos and donts of pregnancy, talked about when to call if you’re concerned, all that basic stuff. The nurse we met with is also the one who answers any emergency calls about concerns (she’s the one I talked to over the phone when my SCH burst and I was sobbing - she cancelled other appointments to get me in) so it was nice to meet her. After we met with her we went back to see my OB and then an ultrasound. I wouldn’t be thrilled about it requiring a separate visit though
  • @notthecheat basically going over the “basics”. Because, you know, just what every TTM has to do - time for pregnancy basics. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @cass06_07 I try to stretch the wear of my bras a little longer with a cheap bra extender and nursing sleeper bras, or tanks with a shelf bra, over to avoid double boob spillage. 
  • @lzzfrancisco , thanks for the tips.  I avoided the adventure yesterday so I might muster up the courage to try today... or may just try what you've suggested.  It's the spillage thats the problem, I still have 1 more set of hooks left for the band.
  • I just spent 3 hours packing for our trip and I’m not even done. I’m so tired. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• notthecheatnotthecheat member
    edited September 2018
    What a day. DD has classic strep symptoms for the third time in a row. Rapid test was negative. I was shocked. But she was kicking and screaming so who knows how good of a swab they really got. So DH and I went to urgent Care. Apparently I'm a strep carrier. But urgent care won't do shit about it so I spent the next 2.5 hours playing phone tag with pediatrician and PCP because for whatever reason their calls kept going straight to voicemail. Finally got abx scripts called in for DD and me. #3 antibiotic for both me AND DD in the past 5 weeks. Just got back from picking those up (as well as pricy probiotics and monistat again because of course!) and it's 2.5 hours until MIL brings DD back home to be put to bed. No sleep for me today.

I will bet you all the money this entire mess stemmed from me agreeing to take that first antibiotic after my prenatal urine culture came back positive for asymptomatic UTI at my initial prenatal appointment.

ETA I worked night shift last night and am working night shift again tonight
  • @kayjay44 lol I needed that [sarcastic response] after today. Thank you.
  • Hi! Random post from a visiting March 19er - we’re trying to kick off a fantasy football league and need 1-3 more players. If you’re interested please hop over to our board, discussion topic fantasy football and join the league!  
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Just ordered so much food from shipt. I'm really hoping to have the person who usually delivers our food. He picks the best produce and always knocks in case the girls are asleep. Also, I set the delivery time at the girls bedtime so I get first dibs on snacks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • Who the fuck wants to spend $25-50 on maternity leggings? Add being plus size. Andplusalso, the ones I did spend that much on last pregnancy have a hole in them. Go figure. 
  • @madreofdragons, old navy online had some not too badly priced, not sure the quality as i havent worn mine yet
  • @madreofdragons, I shopped the motherhood sale inventory when they had 40% off everything. Got a few pairs for $11-12 each. They run that sale pretty often. 
  • Man sad I missed out of the GBCB post! I took a long nap instead. Packing for our trip is almost 100% done. I’m now watching TV alone while the kids watch a movie with DH. We have a BBQ with my extended family tomorrow so I need the down time - my extended family is exhausting. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• It was more of a HCB AND GBCB in one sentence.