February 2019 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Aug 26-Sep 1

Re: Weekly Symptoms Aug 26-Sep 1

• I still have to rock around when I pee. DD is 3.5
  • @lifeofboggs am pretty sure second trimester glow is a myth at this point! Also apparently a myth: Second trimester magical energy; Second trimester cessation of morning sickness. I guess it will feel all the sweeter when it eventually settles and things feel better. 

Browsing cute baby outfits seems to help with distracting from any/all symptoms though. It's also interesting to read about everyone's random symptoms because there's a whole lot of bingo card in these threads still left for me to cross off (e.g. no itchy nipples yet) :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • This weekend was awful. I spent the entire time in bed and all of Saturday night puking. I don’t usually puke. Has anyone had nausea/puking with weaning? My LO has abruptly decided he doesn’t want to nurse anyone and I was thinking maybe the weaning hormones + pregnancy = puke party? I’m so tired of being nauseous sick and getting over puking. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sensitive nipples in overdrive  ahhhhh!!
  • I went for my early 3hr GTT today, and didn't even make it 10 minutes before vomiting  :'( I feel like such a failure. I sincerely hope they don't make me try it again. I'm going to be jittery all day.
  • Is anyone having cravings?  im in week 17 and have had only 1, vanilla soft serve.... but i havent had it yet since a vegan one is a bit of a trek.
  • @cass06_07 I craved plain bagels with plain cream cheese in during the first tri, but I haven’t had any strong cravings since. With DD, I craved mini wheats during the entire pregnancy. 
  • I have more aversions than cravings. I couldn't eat enough chipotle with my other pregnancies. This time just thinking about it makes my stomach do flops. 
  • No strong cravings and I'm a bit disappointed! :D but I definitely have my go-to, always-feel-right foods: cheerios, bagels (with butter or peanut butter), plain chips. And I've been enjoying fruit a lot more than I normally do. It's like the flavours are more pronounced.
  • I hate how I’m only able to stomach junk food. The fruit I ate last night came right back up, can’t even finish more than a bite of salmon due to a really strong aversion, but Doritos? Goes down and stays down. I guess this baby is already taking after its dad re: eating preferences.
  • Arby’s Beef and Cheddar sandwiches. Which actually does well with GD. 
  • I crave Oreos daily 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I crave deli sandwiches and pickles constantly. I could eat it everyday. 
  • Cravings? Homemade chocolate chip cookies /cookie dough, which requires effort on my part and therefore has gone unfulfilled. 
  • That’s is the best blessed hashtag ever.
  • actually, I should say peaches, not really a craving but they have been my go to, like at least 4 a day
  • @cass06_07 four a day?! Well I bet you’re not suffering from poop pebbles. 
  • @allthingsgo, actually maybe theyre the cause of my runs?  :D.. nahh im convinced it was the probiotics which i havent taken since friday. But alas i still have them Doo doo doo
  • I am craving cucumber soaked in vinegar, literally the only thing I don’t have an aversion too. Also craving a subway ham sub but I’m too worried about listeria 
  • Just threw up in my front yard. Class act. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• I’m craving Reese’s like crazy. And qdoba chips and queso. And poutine, which I’ve never actually tasted but I can’t stop fantasizing about. @kayjay44 may have sexy dreams about John Travolta, mine are about theoretical poutine. 
    It's dreamy, I promise. Good curd cheese is like nothing else! Sadly around here I can only get sub-optimal poutine. 

@kayjay44 I'm so sorry you're still puking :( You are such a trooper about it. 
  • @becks_726 you would not be disappointed, a good poutine is everything 
  • Poutine is my favorite food - it’s hard to find the good stuff here so we usually make our own. I miss Canada sometimes. I also miss getting a side of gravy for fries. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Sorry to all the ladies still puking! You guys are the real heroes.

My eyeballs are dry as an arid desert all day and night, even with my fancy eye drops. It’s torture.
  • ...well not even Doritos are staying down today. I had some in leu of dinner because I couldn't face the smell of anything cooking. Good thing I didn't waste any nutritious food I guess! 
  • Headaches all day erry day. No thanks.
  • @grebretso- I only managed to keep down about a quarter of a quesadilla. This is bullshit. 

Also, fuck insomnia. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• The cravings/aversions run my life right now. @BourbonBiscuits I had a sex dream about eating chocolate covered donettes, food sex dreams are the best 
  • @becks_726 @lifeislove87 I went to school in Wisconsin, so I've got a handle on good cheese curds. I think my fascination is with the combination of 3 foods I love. Maybe I'll make some this weekend and see how it goes lol.
  • @grebretso I guess I am back in your shoes. Thought I was past this...but nope.

Indigestion city and it is causing me to be nauseous amd vomit again no matter what I take. And horrid horrid dreams. Good bye sleep. 
  • @hnbergeron - that’s my issue - if it’s not good old morning sickness, it’s heartburn causing my nausea. Usually I get a break for a bit before my heartburn kicks in (I have major lower esophageal problems and a hotel hernia), but this time it’s overlapped with my MS. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• @becks_726 @lifeislove87 I went to school in Wisconsin, so I've got a handle on good cheese curds. I think my fascination is with the combination of 3 foods I love. Maybe I'll make some this weekend and see how it goes lol.
    Do it!!! 
  • @notthecheat Oh, it's the headaches that are driving me crazy right now too. I know that a part of the cause is that I am not drinking enough water, but I just can't make myself drink more.
  • Ugh I’m so sorry all of you who are still nauseous and puking! Hoping it ends soon or at least gets better so you can keep food down!

I’m a back sleeper but it is no longer comfortable to sleep that way so I have to alternate sides. This makes my hips ache even with a pillow between my legs. So I’m not getting much sleep lately which sucks!
  • @allthingsgo... sleeping is starting to be my problem too. Trying to sleep on my side but its hell!
  • Oh no @hnbergeron! Just when you think it’s done, it comes back. And I’m sorry you’re still puking too @kayjay44.

Since I had a terrible puking day yesterday I decided to try Unisom again last night. I am so groggy this morning, but not as nauseous, just a little queasy. I’ll take the sleepiness over nausea, I just can’t deal with throwing up anymore. Time to suffer through three more work days and then sleep the entire holiday weekend.